You may also like

Rate Dr. Heather Day

Dr. Heather Day's Ratings

I am so happy that Ii was referred to Dr. Day she was such a caring and understanding. I know I am in good hands under her care :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

My GP diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis and treated me by regularly increasing the dose of my meds dangerously. The meds were not working and increasing the dose did not help. After 6 months of crippling pain he finally referred me to Dr. Day.
After only a few minutes into our first appointment she stated that I do not have rheumatoid arthritis. She diagnosed me and started me on a very different prescription. Within one week I had improved significantly - I could walk again. Improvement in my health came very quickly after that. After 8 years I still see her every six months to monitor my medications and I am still mobile. I have great respect for her knowledge and sensitivity to my health problems and will continue to see her despite her punctuality problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I would like to share a rather interesting exchange,I was a witness to while visiting the Ocean medical centre today.
A doctor who I later found out was a Dr. Day was having what I would call a heated exchange with a lady I later was able to talk to.
This was happening in the waiting area affront of all people waiting there for a treatment.
Appararently, the lady-patient was being asked to pay 75 dollars for a missed appointment.
The lady-patient was refusing to pay, claiming that she was unable to contact the receptionist and that there was no one at the office and even the answering machine was not deployed.
She also stated that she was a month away and she was hoping that at least a remainder of her appointement would be left on her phone like she recieves from other medical offices.
Since I can not verify either side of the story I can not say who is right or wrong.
But what I heard and thought to be rather odd was a statement made by Dr.Day, quote:" If you can afford to travel you should be able to pay".
I assume that would be the reference to the missed appointement fee.
When I later approached the lady-patient and asked about her experience, she told me that she was shocked and left speachless by Dr. Day's behaviour.
The lady-patient is 75 years old,retired, living on a small pension and is Dr. Day's patient for more than 20 years without missing one appointment.
I do not wish to take sides but feel that there should be a better way to communicate then what I was a witness to.
PS. Dr Day also stated that: quote" If you don't like it you should go somewhere else".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2632137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

After being kept waiting for over an hour an a half for an appointment that took 7 months to get , this doctor does not even have the courtesy to say sorry. When I told her I was upset for being kept waiting so long she replied - " too bad - get out if you don't like it" I would not go back to her if she was the last doctor on earth.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2506295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

She was late for appointments.... I was a new patient, and she only allowed 10 mins. per appointment... not helpful at all. She told me on the first visit that she only specialized in the area that I needed assistance, and then at the second appointment she told me she did not specialize in that area at all??? Very confusing!! I certainly would not have gone back for the second app't if I had realized that she was not interested in helping me. Would not recommend at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446821].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 2, 2014

I wish she could be my friend. So comfortable to talk too! Non judgemental and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

She is the best Doctor that I have had and I will continue travelling from out of town to see her twice/year. I have never seen a Doctor so interested in her patients, as to correct mistakes of a GP and watch over you through consultation with your other specialists. Most note worthy, she is very pleasant and a pragmatist as well! She is a winner, don't miss out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Due to my mothers illness i have dealt with many doctors and specialists. However, she by far exceeds any doctor I have ever met. She is very compassionate, knowledgeable and caring. She really takes her time and helps the patient understand the issue and tries to find a reasonable solution. I am surprised there are not alot of doctors like her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I would say she is the best doctor I have ever seen. Patient, knowledgable and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I have found Dr. Day to be one of the best Dr's I have ever seen. She is not only incredibly knowledgeable, she has also been proactive in her approach to treatment and gone above and beyond in helping me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277622].votes_count ]]