Rate Dr. Paul H. Sugarbaker

Dr. Paul H. Sugarbaker's Ratings

This is a wonderful doctor. He is a formidable opponent of the most formidable cancers. He is not arrogant and he tells the truth. If he is able to take your case, you are a lucky patient. If not, ask him who he would recommend. He saved my life when other doctors were all too ready to give up. This was in part because of his deep understanding of the science of cancer as well as his incredible surgical skill and his willingness to take on difficult cases.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2013

I can only reiterate what the other reviewer wrote about Dr. Sugarbaker. He is a far-seeing, deep-thinking visionary who was taking steps to prevent the seeding of cancer cells during surgery long before anyone was concerned about the potential for surgery to spread cancer to new sites. He is a visionary at the level of Louis Pasteur. If you get a grim diagnosis (advanced colorectal cancer), see him first, no matter where you live.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Sugarbaker saves lives every day. He is beloved, respected, and an amazing, intensely focused, caring consummate professional and visionary. He loves his work, deeply cares about his patients, is admired and respected by his team, and produces consistently incredible results against impossible odds.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

Consulted with Dr. Sugarbaker regarding Goblet Cell Carcinoid cancer diagnosis. He and his staff were instrumental in my finally locating a qualified specialist. I live in Oregon and had been unable to locate (or even get the name of) a doctor who specialized in my type of cancer anywhere on West Coast. Dr. Sugarbaker was a great help. He made several recommendations, which I followed. He did this knowing that it was unlikely that I would become a patient of his because I live in Oregon and his practice is in Washington, D.C. He did not have to make the effort that he did on my behalf, but I am very grateful that he did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277882].votes_count ]]