Rate Dr. Michael C. Ain

Dr. Michael C. Ain's Ratings

Dr. Ain has been treating my infant son's bilateral club feet. They are so much improved and Dr. Ain and his staff have just been wonderful with us. Whenever there has been a delay in seeing us in the office the entire staff makes they continue to communicate and they always return calls promptly.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

even though it was several years,Dr ain did a fantastic job on my son steve. he is passionate and caring for all his patiants

Submitted May 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ain was very friendly and honest about my spinal condition (AIS) and seems very knowledgeable about it. He agreed to see me for my scoliosis even though I am now an adult and he usually (to my knowledge) sees mainly pediatric patients. He gave me the facts in a straightforward and reassuring manner and had a good sense of humor. Even though it wasn't good news, he told me he would be able to do a surgery preserving more of my spinal flexibility than my previous orthopedist had indicated would be possible, which made me quite happy to hear. He also has a great bedside manner. I am very pleased with my experience with Johns Hopkins and Dr. Ain and would definitely recommend him to others.

Submitted June 6, 2010 | flag

My daughter had spinal fusion a year ago and is doing wonderully. She gets so many compliments on how beautiful her scar is. She is proud to show it off! Thanks Dr. Ain!

Submitted May 1, 2010 | flag

Very knowledgable and efficient, and provides great treatment.

Submitted March 30, 2008 | flag

When I was 16 years old, I had already suffered through five years of a debilitating bone infection in my left foot. I'd been anticipating - yet dreading - the amputation of my left big toe for years. I consider myself truly blessed to have been led to Dr Ain. I didn't realize, though, until several years later, just how lucky I was. I went in to see a podiatrist several years after the amputation, and as I sat in the chair waiting, I was wiggling the remaining toes on my left foot. When the podiatrist came in, he literally dropped all the papers in his hands in shock. He spent the rest of the visit looking at my foot, because he was so impressed with the mobility I still had despite the amputation. He said most toe amputees end up with paralyzed feet because the tendons aren't reconnected and then atrophy. I still don't know how Dr Ain did it, but he saved my foot. I recovered beautifully and I owe him so much. He's the best doctor I have ever had, and I've had too many to count.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2008 | flag

I met Dr. Ain today for the first time. He spoke directly to my daughter (age 6) about her possible surgery, and was very careful not to frighten her with many details. He answered all of my questions, and was not in the least bit put off when I asked for her films so I could get another opinion.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2007 | flag

Our first visit with Dr. Ain was yesterday. He spent over 50 min with us explaining the surgery which our son needed. He was very patient and answered all our questions. Addressed our 12 year old son in an adult manner, which was very impressive as most doctors would treat the patient as the 3rd person in the conversation. He has excellent bedside manner and we are thrilled to have him as our sons surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2007 | flag

He's technically one of the most sound doctors there is. The only minor weakness MIGHT be he can come off cocky...but he knows what he's doing and doesn't try to B.S. the answer.

Submitted June 8, 2005 | flag