Rate Dr. Brian Murat

Dr. Brian Murat's Ratings

my brother went to dr murrat to receive treatment for his hep c while my brother was getting looked at by him he had muttered under his breath 42 he said 42 twice my brother asked why he had said it and he said oh i will need you to have blood work done for a year and if he got a 42 twice he would surely give my brother the much needed treatment he made my brother go to appointments for over a year, upon my brothers return a year later and while going over the test results my brother was positive he would get the treatment because he had seen enzime counts at least three times higher then 42. murrat didnt even mention the 42 all my brother got was mistreated and told he will never get the treatment asked if he could come up with 20000 dollars on his own when the treatment would have been covered my brother told him of the pain he had in his liver area and he replied its not your liver a liver does not hurt it has to be something else going on. he most certainly shows signs of a god like complex picking and choosing who will have a chance to survive a disease or who will eventually die from one he is a very poor excuse of a doctor there are so many others out there he has mistreated and he should be held accountable for his mistreatment of his patients. i strongly advise everyone whom needs help to seek it elsewhere, that building seems to breed malpractice, he should not be practicing medicine at all, and if we all went to the college of surgeons and physicians, i dont believe its ever too late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2675710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I had a successful, unsedated colonoscopy with Dr. Murat. Not only did I find him to be completely respectful of my wish to skip any kind of medication, he was kind, patient, and caring throughout the procedure. It was apparent that he was highly skilled, and all of the nurses I spoke to in the endoscopic suite prior to the procedure also assured me of this. I feel lucky to have a Dr that finally takes notice of my symptoms and makes an effort to help me sort them. All in all I am very satisfied with Dr. Murat, and I will not be seeking another specialist. (Oh, Liz is also fabulous - very friendly and accommodating!)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2604773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I just met with Dr.Murat for the first time and he was kind, knowledgeable and caring. He saw me exactly at my appointment time and was very thorough. He treated me with respect and smiled often.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

It is rather hard to be polite while telling the truth about Dr. Murat. This man only cares about one person and that is himself. After scolding me for wasting OHIP's money for a second opinion and then humilating me by giving me the definition of Pain and then tossing a gown at me and telling me to put it on and he'd be within 5 mintues, I sat there and listened to him call several people for approx. 20 minutes before entering the adjoining room where he had me wait on purpose. Then after 2 minutes of pushing and probing my abdoman, he blurted out that I was obese and how could a woman of my age allow herself to get so fat. Yes, I was 20 pounds over weight, but his bedside manner, or lack of , left me feeling worse then I did prior to entering his office. We need to make awful Dr's like him, accountable to the Hospital Administrator and to the public. PLEASE, if you have been refered to him, CANCEL asap and find another doctor !!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Although Dr. Murat is an excellent Dr. his people skills need a lot of attention. His demeanor is terrible and He is very hard on his staff and support techs at the hospital. Perhaps a little too much of a perfectionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

very condecending - God like attitude. No compassion, no bedside manner. Wrong diagnose. Told 85 year old she would never get out of hospital and asked if she had a directive in place - that was 11 months ago and she is doing well. This was the second person he mistreated that I was advocating for.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

I found Dr. Murat to be an excellent doctor, who explained the procedure that I underwent fully, in language that I was able to understand. I was referred to him for this procedure as the doctors in my area were not able to help with my medical problem,i.e. damage to my lower bowel as a result of radiation therapy, for prostate cancer. This lead to uncontrollable rectal bleeding, which lead to a number of transfusions, over a three month period. So far, after two treatments, I believe that the procedure as performed by Dr. Murat is working. This has enabled me to resume work on a part-time, soon to be full-time basis. Again I was fully ingformed by him of the the pros and cons of having the procedure, before agreeing to it. I feel fortunate to have a skilled doctor like him, who has given me hope that this condition will be cured.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2010

I was referred by my Doctor to have a scope done by Murat. I have never been so verbally bashed and terrified of someone in all my life! I had never had the pleasure of meeting this guy before, he had me in tears within the first 10 min, then made fun of me for it. I'm lying on the table with an IV stuck in my hand, and all I wanted to do, was get up and walk out of there! Murat, I hope you read these reviews, but I think you are too full of yourself to take them seriously, you may be good at what you do, I don't know nor do I care. I from now on will go back to Toronto Western where patients are treated with respect when dealing with an illness.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

He may be a good Dr. and "know his stuff" but the man is downright in love with himself ... loves to throw medical terminology around in an attempt to make one feel stupid or inferior or to pump himself up ... his bedside manner is horrid!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2010

WENT TO SEE DR. MURAT REGARDING ONGOING STOMACH PAIN AND DISCOMFORT, HAVING ALREADY HAD SEVERAL SCOPES AND TESTS THROUGH MY GP. FOUND DR. MURAT NOT AT ALL HELPFUL! THE MAN IS VERY ARROGANT, IS NOT AT ALL INTERESTED IN WHAT I HAD TO SAY, AND CERTAINLY SEEMS VERY FOND OF THE SOUND OF HIS OWN VOICE! WHEN I EXPLAINED THAT I HAD BEEN UNDER SOME STRESS THE PREVIOUS YEAR (MY HUSBAND HAD TO UNDERGO EMERGENCY SURGERY AND ALMOST DIED) - DR. MURAT INQUIRED WHY I WOULD FIND THAT STRESSFUL???!!! HE CERTAINLY APPEARS NOT TO HAVE ANY CONCERN OR COMPASSION FOR HIS PATIENTS. I WILL NOT BE SEEING HIM AGAIN.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280859].votes_count ]]