Rate Dr. Brian Murat

Dr. Brian Murat's Ratings

I just met with Dr.Murat for the first time and he was kind, knowledgeable and caring. He saw me exactly at my appointment time and was very thorough. He treated me with respect and smiled often.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

It is rather hard to be polite while telling the truth about Dr. Murat. This man only cares about one person and that is himself. After scolding me for wasting OHIP's money for a second opinion and then humilating me by giving me the definition of Pain and then tossing a gown at me and telling me to put it on and he'd be within 5 mintues, I sat there and listened to him call several people for approx. 20 minutes before entering the adjoining room where he had me wait on purpose. Then after 2 minutes of pushing and probing my abdoman, he blurted out that I was obese and how could a woman of my age allow herself to get so fat. Yes, I was 20 pounds over weight, but his bedside manner, or lack of , left me feeling worse then I did prior to entering his office. We need to make awful Dr's like him, accountable to the Hospital Administrator and to the public. PLEASE, if you have been refered to him, CANCEL asap and find another doctor !!!

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Although Dr. Murat is an excellent Dr. his people skills need a lot of attention. His demeanor is terrible and He is very hard on his staff and support techs at the hospital. Perhaps a little too much of a perfectionist.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

very condecending - God like attitude. No compassion, no bedside manner. Wrong diagnose. Told 85 year old she would never get out of hospital and asked if she had a directive in place - that was 11 months ago and she is doing well. This was the second person he mistreated that I was advocating for.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I found Dr. Murat to be an excellent doctor, who explained the procedure that I underwent fully, in language that I was able to understand. I was referred to him for this procedure as the doctors in my area were not able to help with my medical problem,i.e. damage to my lower bowel as a result of radiation therapy, for prostate cancer. This lead to uncontrollable rectal bleeding, which lead to a number of transfusions, over a three month period. So far, after two treatments, I believe that the procedure as performed by Dr. Murat is working. This has enabled me to resume work on a part-time, soon to be full-time basis. Again I was fully ingformed by him of the the pros and cons of having the procedure, before agreeing to it. I feel fortunate to have a skilled doctor like him, who has given me hope that this condition will be cured.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

I was referred by my Doctor to have a scope done by Murat. I have never been so verbally bashed and terrified of someone in all my life! I had never had the pleasure of meeting this guy before, he had me in tears within the first 10 min, then made fun of me for it. I'm lying on the table with an IV stuck in my hand, and all I wanted to do, was get up and walk out of there! Murat, I hope you read these reviews, but I think you are too full of yourself to take them seriously, you may be good at what you do, I don't know nor do I care. I from now on will go back to Toronto Western where patients are treated with respect when dealing with an illness.

Submitted June 29, 2010 | flag

He may be a good Dr. and "know his stuff" but the man is downright in love with himself ... loves to throw medical terminology around in an attempt to make one feel stupid or inferior or to pump himself up ... his bedside manner is horrid!

Submitted May 22, 2010 | flag

WENT TO SEE DR. MURAT REGARDING ONGOING STOMACH PAIN AND DISCOMFORT, HAVING ALREADY HAD SEVERAL SCOPES AND TESTS THROUGH MY GP. FOUND DR. MURAT NOT AT ALL HELPFUL! THE MAN IS VERY ARROGANT, IS NOT AT ALL INTERESTED IN WHAT I HAD TO SAY, AND CERTAINLY SEEMS VERY FOND OF THE SOUND OF HIS OWN VOICE! WHEN I EXPLAINED THAT I HAD BEEN UNDER SOME STRESS THE PREVIOUS YEAR (MY HUSBAND HAD TO UNDERGO EMERGENCY SURGERY AND ALMOST DIED) - DR. MURAT INQUIRED WHY I WOULD FIND THAT STRESSFUL???!!! HE CERTAINLY APPEARS NOT TO HAVE ANY CONCERN OR COMPASSION FOR HIS PATIENTS. I WILL NOT BE SEEING HIM AGAIN.

Submitted May 13, 2010 | flag

Should not be allowed to practise!!! I was diagnosed as having hepatitis and was told i needed to have rebatron therapy which would affect me and my family for the next year. After weeks of mental prep I entered his office with my wife to start treatment. He laughed and said he miss diagnosed me and had known for weeks, no call. He basically dismissed me and told me he lost my liver biopsy in orillia. I later found out my liver biopsy was at Western hospital. He had no idea. He also felt the need to explain what a bell curve was like we were stupid, that was when i looked at my wife and we left his office. I wish I had taken this to the college board of physicians as he should not be practising medicine.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

My husband's colonoscopy was done by Dr. Murat. He hit a bleeder and my husband nearly died of loss of blood nine days later. Another surgeon fortunately was able to save his life. Dr. Murat seemed quite unconcerned about the matter. Sometimes these things do happen but how they are handled is critical. We would rather do anything to be treated by someone other than him.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2010 | flag