You may also like

Rate Dr. Daran L. Austen

Dr. Daran L. Austen's Ratings

All of my experiences with Dr Austen have been nothing but exceptional! He treats you as a person about whom he genuinely cares. He is the utmost professional in all aspects. It is a joy to be able to talk and discuss my issues with him. For sure, he lives up to the nickname that I gave him - Awesome Austen! Forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2837451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr. Austen performed my bilateral mastectomy in 2013. He is an amazing and compassionate man. He listened carefully to what I wanted and explained all of my options in great detail, he takes his time with his patients. Everything went very well and he is seeing me through to the completion of my reconstruction. Shirley (in his office) is also wonderful to deal with! Would highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2761702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

My maternity doctor referred me to him for a massive galactocele that wouldn't go away on its own and refilled after a partial drainage. I was not impressed with having to wait an additional 2 weeks to meet him after having to wait so long already with a lot of pain already. When I met him he was coming convinced it would go away on its own and to just wait for it to go away. It was the size of a softball and I wasn't able to perform normal daily activities and was struggling with taking care of my 2 month old. He sent me for another drainage even though I knew it wouldn't help. So I went for second drain, the radiologist said it was abscess and that I needed surgery and there wasn't anything that this procedure would do for me. What came out of my breast was green. So I called back Dr Austens office to see if I could get in earlier, I mentioned what the radiologist said and was told an email would be sent to Dr Austen for if he wanted to do more testing and an appointment was booked for a week from then. Was told if I had specific symptoms then to go to emergency. After waiting a couple days for a response and being frustrated because I didn't have those symptoms and having an potentially having an abscess I called back for any response and then I went to emergency. Once at the hospital they did a few tests for confirmation and I was put on the list for emergency surgery. I had a huge abscess. Dr Austen didn't want to do what was necessary for me. I am incredibly unimpressed, and thank Dr Graham.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2702071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Capable and compassionate. Good communicator. Gall bladder laproscopy went perfectly without any post operative pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Dr. Austen performed my bilateral mastectomy earlier this year. When I first met him to discuss the operation, he struck me as very compassionate and interested in ensuring I was an informed patient. I immediately felt comfortable. He took time to explain the process to me, and though I came in there being rather educated on it I was pleased he took the time to detail it out for me. He had great bedside manner as well. This carried through to the date of my surgery and afterward. Even though I was "released" after surgery to another surgeon for follow up, he came to check on me the day after to see how I was recovering. I also found his assistant (Shirley) to be great anytime I talked to her on the phone, as were the students he had with him at the consult, and later at surgery, and think his students are fortunate to learn under him. I appreciated how his student who was at the surgery even came by herself to see me bright and early the morning to check on how I was doing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2446895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr Austen performed an Excision Intra ductal papilloma on me. Basically removing a small tumour and tissue from breast. He was very personable & friendly. During the Consultation he explained everything in detail and made me feel very comfortable knowing he was doing my surgery. Once the surgery was done and I was coherent Dr Austen checked in on me, to let me know how the Surgery went. He was also very caring and personable when giving me my Biopsy results. Post op I am doing good & Incision is healing well.. In the future if I need anymore un-expected surgeries done, Dr Austen would be on the top of my list. I would Rate him 5/5 Awesome!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1280928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. Austen was absolutely wonderful to deal with. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to and answered all my questions .I am very pleased with my surgery, everything went very well. Just love him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

I agree with another person who had a difficult time with him. Dr Austen was who I was referred to unfortunately. I was suffering with symptoms of gallbladder disease. Although tests clearly showed my gallbladder was diseased, he refused to remove it and was extremely rude. 7 months later and a 60+ weight loss my gallbladder was removed by emergency surgery. My liver started failing as a result. I was lucky to referred to another surgeon who was amazing, I credit my life to him. As a result of my diseased gallbladder being left in way too long, I now have problems with my liver. I have Dr Austen to thank for that:( I am very disgusted with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2012

Dr. Austen is exceptionally approachable, caring and sincere – answered all questions in detail. The laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair was effective, minimally invasive with virtually no residual bruising or pain - awesome job. I am very impressed and recommend Dr. Austen unequivocally!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2011

Polite, jovial, answered all my questions, I never felt rushed. I have to candidly admit though that he made me blush a little. I was not expecting such a nice gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1280925].votes_count ]]