Rate Dr. William Johnston

Dr. William Johnston's Ratings

Staff took images & did many tests. Doc stood in hall for while looking at file then came in, sat quietly looking at all paperwork. Not sure if he was perplexed or what. He said that I have dry macular degeneration, his assistant gave me a sheet of paper with explanation and I was sent on my way. Perhaps he is knowledgeable but his manner leaves something to be desired. I take my eyesight seriously and I felt like I was being herded through. I will have to call my Optometrist so that they can better explain things to me.

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

Had two corneal transplants had major complications ended-up with glaucoma both eyes and cataracts. Finally I went blind after having a retina detachment and stroke. One eye is still sore never healed properly. He always runs late staff are nice but not competent. Do your research carefully before getting an eye doctor.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2013 | flag

Have been very happy Dr.Johnston and his staff. He is sometimes a little bit rushed. overworked.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

After the corneal surgery I had a big black eye , he told methe anesthetistmiss me !

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Highest level of professionalism in all aspects. Excellent result from cataract surgery. Retinal problem discovered at last examination and promptly referred to retinal specialist in Victoria. You can't get better eye care than this and a 20 to 30 minute wait in the office is nothing to complain about with so many people seeking his care.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Johnston is an amazing and professional doctor. I cannot say enough about his extensive knowledge and care for his patients. His staff, however; is lacking tremendously in both the professional and expertise area. They constantly made mistakes with paperwork, with appointments; they often forgot to send in insurance paperwork. Most of the time we had to remind them about it. It's too bad that such a great doctor has staff like this to "support" him. To be honest, had we not been impressed by Dr. Johnston so much, we would've never gone back to that office because of his staff. There definitely needs to be a changeover in staff or retraining.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

He did not see an obvious retinal detachment in my son who already has special needs. If not for my optometrist seeing the detachment and re recommending a visit my son could have become blind. Immediate surgery was booked when the dr finally realised there was a big problem. Also had me using drops for a "problem" in my eye. After not taking the medicine for a year ( as I knew there was nothing wrong) he checked and said the pressure in my eyes was just right and to keep taking the drops as they were helping. I told him I hadn't taken them in a year... he had no comment. Nope, really leary of this dr.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

I have tried my best to convince him that declining eyesight is affecting the quality of my life: flashing lights in my peripheral vision, pain in my L eye, floaters that are making it difficult to focus on small objects and close work, declining night vision. He was dismissive. I can't ( or don't WANT) to believe that there are no remedies for these problems. But that remains to be his conclusion.

Submitted April 27, 2013 | flag

the best you would ever wish to have managing your VISION !!!!!!

Submitted Jan. 17, 2013 | flag

Performed DSEK procedure on my eye. So far excellent results. Yes, sometimes there is a long wait in the waiting room, especially later in the afternoon,but I know that when it is my turn, I will get whatever time he needs to do what he has to do efficiently and accurately. I would rather have that than a doctor who gives everyone their ten minutes, in order to get more through.

Submitted July 27, 2012 | flag