Rate Dr. William Johnston

Dr. William Johnston's Ratings

My visit with this Dr. Was thw worst experience with a medical " so called professional"! this Dr. Is not a nice, caring, helpful or compassionate Dr. In any way!

His only concern is to take your money, and send you out the revolving door he calls a Doctors office. The staff is amazing, but this man did not listen to any of my concerns, or alleviate any stress about a procedure I was inquiring about.
On top of all that, his first available date was 7 months from now, I could go blind by then.
Terrible terrible experience, beware !!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

Both the staff and the Doctortreats the elderly like cattle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

This was undoubtedly one of the best specialists I have had the honour to see. I was told what to bring and to expect to be there about an hour and a half. The admin staff was superior, as they guided me through the sign-in process. They didn't try to rush or make me feel I was monopolizing their time. After sign-in, I was called by no less than 3 opthalmic techs, who each did their job with a detailed knowledge and precision. Between each test, I took my seat in the waiting area, but, the time went by quickly. By the time all the tests were done and the drops did their work, I was seen by Dr Johnston, a very amicable and knowledgeable Opthalmologist. He diagnosed my problem quickly, and in "layman's" terms explained what was going on, but advised against any intervention unless the problem progressed further. He recommended I see him in a year to re-assess the problem again. He at no time seemed rushed during the appointment and took time to explain everything. I was out of the office in one and a half hours on the dot - as promised. An excellent visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Staff took images & did many tests. Doc stood in hall for while looking at file then came in, sat quietly looking at all paperwork. Not sure if he was perplexed or what. He said that I have dry macular degeneration, his assistant gave me a sheet of paper with explanation and I was sent on my way. Perhaps he is knowledgeable but his manner leaves something to be desired. I take my eyesight seriously and I felt like I was being herded through. I will have to call my Optometrist so that they can better explain things to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2446921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Had two corneal transplants had major complications ended-up with glaucoma both eyes and cataracts. Finally I went blind after having a retina detachment and stroke. One eye is still sore never healed properly. He always runs late staff are nice but not competent. Do your research carefully before getting an eye doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1282345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

Have been very happy Dr.Johnston and his staff. He is sometimes a little bit rushed. overworked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1282344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

After the corneal surgery I had a big black eye , he told methe anesthetistmiss me !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1282343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Highest level of professionalism in all aspects. Excellent result from cataract surgery. Retinal problem discovered at last examination and promptly referred to retinal specialist in Victoria. You can't get better eye care than this and a 20 to 30 minute wait in the office is nothing to complain about with so many people seeking his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1282342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Dr. Johnston is an amazing and professional doctor. I cannot say enough about his extensive knowledge and care for his patients. His staff, however; is lacking tremendously in both the professional and expertise area. They constantly made mistakes with paperwork, with appointments; they often forgot to send in insurance paperwork. Most of the time we had to remind them about it. It's too bad that such a great doctor has staff like this to "support" him. To be honest, had we not been impressed by Dr. Johnston so much, we would've never gone back to that office because of his staff. There definitely needs to be a changeover in staff or retraining.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1282341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

He did not see an obvious retinal detachment in my son who already has special needs. If not for my optometrist seeing the detachment and re recommending a visit my son could have become blind. Immediate surgery was booked when the dr finally realised there was a big problem. Also had me using drops for a "problem" in my eye. After not taking the medicine for a year ( as I knew there was nothing wrong) he checked and said the pressure in my eyes was just right and to keep taking the drops as they were helping. I told him I hadn't taken them in a year... he had no comment. Nope, really leary of this dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1282340].votes_count ]]