Rate Dr. Amira Gouda

Dr. Amira Gouda's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Gouda for many years, mostly because I can get in to see her fairly quickly. She doesn't have the best bedside manner but over the years, this has definitely improved. Most of my issues are self- diagnosed before I even get there so she listens to me and mostly agrees with what I've said and prescribes what I need. I don't have any issues with her.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Sometimes i wonder how this woman made it to the medical profession. Shes indeed very abrupt, unsympathetic , bodering rude sometimes. I will never recommend this docter to even my enemy. I think shes in the wrong profession- she better off as a tax or debt coller or a baliif. Very terrible doctor indeed!

Submitted Feb. 20, 2014 | flag

Very abrupt, know it all attitude. Does not want to look at other possibilities. Loves to pull out prescription pad, which is the only reason I go to her.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

I would not recommend Dr. Gouda for young women. When I was in my teens I went to her because my mother went to her. No matter why I was there, she would have me do a pregnancy test, despite the fact that I was not sexually active during the time that she was my doctor. I was sent for 3 pregnancy tests the year I hurt my lower back and kept going back because prescribing me pain killers wasn't helping. I also had to do a pregnancy test when I had pneumonia. I had a benign tumor removed when I was 15. She first accused me of an ectopic pregnancy, and then insisted on having me sent for tests in addition to those that the specialist requested, including sending me for a vaginal ultrasound without warning me I was doing anything but a normal ultrasound. She also told my mother when I went on birth control at 18, which is when I finally changed doctors.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

Hey Dr. Gouda. I really hope you read this. Remember me? I saw you for about 3 years for excrutiating back pain. You did nothing. You didn't even know half the time why I was there to see you. As you know, I wound up being paralyzed from the waist down as a result. I just wanted to say thank you. I appreciate you calling my wife while I was in the Alex unable to feel or move my legs, unable to urinate, unable to have bowel movements. She as you know didn't want to have any contact with you as you were no help to us when we needed you. I still don't know to this day why you decided to bother her. Through no help from you, I've regained all of these abilities. Nowhere near as good as before, but at least I can walk and no longer have to use a cathetar to urinate. It's been nearly 2 years since this happened to me and just so you are aware, I have what's called Cauda Equina Syndrome. You may want to look this up.

Submitted July 23, 2011 | flag

I went to this so called doctor for about 3 years. She makes you wait well past appt time , she never remembers you also She never took the time to address health issues or refer you to a specialtist but she sure like to send you for blood work and had out unnecessary prescriptons. I finally had the last straw after I repeatedly asked her for a referal to a fertility specialtist. She told me my husband needed to see his doctor for a physical and then I needed to personally bring the results to her before she would refer me. When my husbands doctor and I asked her what exact info did she need from my husbands physical she said "What ever you think I might need" I am sorry but that is a very poor answer to give anyone expecially if your a so called doctor. I would never refer anyone to her and have told serveral family and friends about my experience with her so they dont make the same mistake as I did and go see her for medical issues.

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

I went to see doctor gouda in July, i asked to get on Depo provera, she said ok. she never raised any concerns to me about osteoporosis or bone density loss, she never told me it would take 9-12 months to get pregnant once off the shot. I went to her in August we wanted to have a baby, she said within 13 weeks it would wear off, well i havent had my period and now i read that it could take 18 months to 2 years. SHE SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag

I dislike having to see a doctor, but Dr. Gouda is marvelous. She goes above and beyond for her patients and will even call to check on my situation. I dont mind waiting a few minutes to see her when I know she has my best interests in mind. I recommend Dr. Gouda quite highly.

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

She never knows what is wrong with me, and when she thought she knew, she told me to google it!

Submitted March 17, 2010 | flag

Unfortunately I have to say, Dr. Amira Gouda is a terrible doctor. I had a serious injury, and she was quick to assume I was fine, turns out I had to have major surgery to repair the damage and was off work for over a year. I know I can be quick to judge sometimes so I asked other family members who have seen her, how their experience has been with her, same thing, she seemed very judgemental and pretty much clueless as to how to help them. I would highly recommend not wasting your time with her. Also unfortunate, the Doc I like is not taking new patients at this time. I need to get a referral letter for a vasectomy now, I just hope she believes me that I am happy with 2 kids and I really want to get the procedure done so my wife doesn't need to do anything. I hope to get the letter, and to get the heck outta dodge, I hope she is not the one that does the procedure! I will utterly refuse to let her touch me! Not to sound harsh, but trust me, do not risk seeing this doctor!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2010 | flag