You may also like

Rate Dr. Amira Gouda

Dr. Amira Gouda's Ratings

I saw Gouda for years. I actually enjoyed the abrupt bedside manner and full business like demeanor as I dont want to be her friend but a patient. I learned though that 'if' she beleaves your symptoms and they require painkillers she absolutely refuses to prescribe them. Instead she heaps on tests until either your symptoms go away or a specialist takes over your care and she just passes you on. If you have something basic go ahead and see her. Anything beyong fungal infections or ingrown toenails please PLEASE see someone else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2757347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I would never recommend her to anyone. My mother went to her with depression and sleep problems she prescribed two medications that should never be put together which caused my mother to end up in the hospital three different occasions. I went to get a physical done by her, I waited almost an hour when there was no one else in the place I could here her talking to her staff about me and how she doesn't want to see me when she finally came in the room she yelled at me for missing my last appointment and for not coming to see her sooner for a physical and that she shouldn't even be seeing me anymore and acted like she was doing me a favour, when I said id leave to find another one she laughed. When I got my physical done, and being a female she caused me so much abdominal pain I wanted to cry. I knew that wasn't right. Then I got a call from her office two days later stating I have to come back in a month because the test she did was invalid. I will never go back to her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2710903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Gouda for many years, mostly because I can get in to see her fairly quickly. She doesn't have the best bedside manner but over the years, this has definitely improved. Most of my issues are self- diagnosed before I even get there so she listens to me and mostly agrees with what I've said and prescribes what I need. I don't have any issues with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Sometimes i wonder how this woman made it to the medical profession. Shes indeed very abrupt, unsympathetic , bodering rude sometimes. I will never recommend this docter to even my enemy. I think shes in the wrong profession. Very terrible doctor indeed!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1283309].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Very abrupt, know it all attitude. Does not want to look at other possibilities. Loves to pull out prescription pad, which is the only reason I go to her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1283307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I would not recommend Dr. Gouda for young women. When I was in my teens I went to her because my mother went to her. No matter why I was there, she would have me do a pregnancy test, despite the fact that I was not sexually active during the time that she was my doctor. I was sent for 3 pregnancy tests the year I hurt my lower back and kept going back because prescribing me pain killers wasn't helping. I also had to do a pregnancy test when I had pneumonia. I had a benign tumor removed when I was 15. She first accused me of an ectopic pregnancy, and then insisted on having me sent for tests in addition to those that the specialist requested, including sending me for a vaginal ultrasound without warning me I was doing anything but a normal ultrasound. She also told my mother when I went on birth control at 18, which is when I finally changed doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

Hey Dr. Gouda. I really hope you read this. Remember me? I saw you for about 3 years for excrutiating back pain. You did nothing. You didn't even know half the time why I was there to see you. As you know, I wound up being paralyzed from the waist down as a result. I just wanted to say thank you. I appreciate you calling my wife while I was in the Alex unable to feel or move my legs, unable to urinate, unable to have bowel movements. She as you know didn't want to have any contact with you as you were no help to us when we needed you. I still don't know to this day why you decided to bother her. Through no help from you, I've regained all of these abilities. Nowhere near as good as before, but at least I can walk and no longer have to use a cathetar to urinate. It's been nearly 2 years since this happened to me and just so you are aware, I have what's called Cauda Equina Syndrome. You may want to look this up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

I went to this so called doctor for about 3 years. She makes you wait well past appt time , she never remembers you also She never took the time to address health issues or refer you to a specialtist but she sure like to send you for blood work and had out unnecessary prescriptons. I finally had the last straw after I repeatedly asked her for a referal to a fertility specialtist. She told me my husband needed to see his doctor for a physical and then I needed to personally bring the results to her before she would refer me. When my husbands doctor and I asked her what exact info did she need from my husbands physical she said "What ever you think I might need" I am sorry but that is a very poor answer to give anyone expecially if your a so called doctor. I would never refer anyone to her and have told serveral family and friends about my experience with her so they dont make the same mistake as I did and go see her for medical issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

I went to see doctor gouda in July, i asked to get on Depo provera, she said ok. she never raised any concerns to me about osteoporosis or bone density loss, she never told me it would take 9-12 months to get pregnant once off the shot. I went to her in August we wanted to have a baby, she said within 13 weeks it would wear off, well i havent had my period and now i read that it could take 18 months to 2 years. SHE SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

I dislike having to see a doctor, but Dr. Gouda is marvelous. She goes above and beyond for her patients and will even call to check on my situation. I dont mind waiting a few minutes to see her when I know she has my best interests in mind. I recommend Dr. Gouda quite highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283303].votes_count ]]