Rate Dr. G. Sukhrani

Dr. G. Sukhrani's Ratings

I'm a first time mom and when she came to see me and my daughter in the hospital last year I obviously had lots of questions, she didn't answer any of them and literally ran out the door. I should have took that as a hint and found my baby a new doctor. She's never on time, never answers my questions and is so rushed all the time. Her receptionist is one of the most unorganized, unprofessional and ignorant people I've ever had to deal with. Just today I called to change my doctors appointment from a thursday to a monday, and I was informed that Dr Sukhrani is out of the office and she will be seeing another doctor and they don't work on monday's. Not that I mind her seeing someone else but I should have been told before, they don't know I'd be fine with it. After I asking she said "there's nothing I can do, they don't work on mondays so you'll just have to keep it for thursday", she hung up and didn't even ask if that was all. Well needless to say, I'm looking for a new doctor.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

I agree with others that Dr. S. is extremely rushed. She doesn't seem to care about my children at all and barely gives me time to ask any questions before rushing out the door 2 minutes later. The only good thing is that her secretary/nurse is wonderful and very helpful.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2011 | flag

As a military person, I like her. No nosense, get it done. If your looking for a nice warm hug, your in the wrong place. Always provided prompt and excellent care to our children. Again, if your looking to have a chat, you might need another doctor.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

As first time parents we agree with the rest that she can be very dismissive and in a hurry. I come with question regarding her rash on her face and she shoves prescrption to me and is running out the door, asking us questions may on cover some potential triggers..instead its a remarks of what we shouldn't be doing without interest in what we are doing! I leave nervous and frustrated , I get more answwer for the web, i'm in search of a new PED ASAP! i want to fell reassured or given other options that prescrptions!! good luck all you moms out there!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2010 | flag

In a rush! She was leaving the room as we were trying to ask her questions about our son. We had serious questions and she brushed them off with generic responses.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2009 | flag

I was referred to her when my daughter was diagnosed with asthma at 2 yrs old. No matter how often I told her the mass amounts of daily meds were not making a difference, she would dismiss me with another prescription for the same meds. They made her jittery and unable to sleep, made her heart pound and did not relieve ANY symptoms. Dr. Sukhrani really couldn't have cared less. When I insisted on allergy tests for my daughter rather than avoiding all potential allergens (keep her indoors in summer is what she said), she called me "silly" and said I was wasting everyone's time. I did insist many times and finally got the tests - turns out she's not allergic to any grass or pollen by the way. When I told her this she "hmphed" at me and told me I still should keep her indoors just in case the tests weren't right. This woman just refuses to be wrong. I never went back again - thankfully. The next doc took my daughter off the meds, gave her an occasional inhaler - and she was FINE.

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

Dr Sukhrani was assigned to us in the hospital after my first child was born. I did not like her at first, as she just walked in and checked on our baby then left. But I decided to stick with her, as I had not found another dr yet. I have been impressed by Dr Sukhrani's knowledge since that first appointment. She knows more than a lot of other doctors I know, and always knows exactly what is going on with my kids. (My first child was very sick her first year, so we saw her quite often) She is very to the point & may seem a little harsh, but she knows what she's doing! She's got the knowledge & the experience and that is what I want and NEED in a pediatrician. We now have 2 kids that love her & are actually happy to see her. We've actually moved away since, but I don't mind driving 1 1/2 hours to see her!!

Submitted Oct. 19, 2008 | flag

Well. I'm actually STUNNED to hear all of these negative reviews of Dr Sukhrani. Wow. My husband and I couldn't think of ONE single negative characteristic of the care she provided to our three children.When we moved from Alberta to Nova Scotia -we brought the children in to the office to have their pictures taken with her and her primary office receptionist at the time -it's a favourite picture of mine. I still smile when I look at it,as it brings back many happy memories. Now,the last time we saw Dr S WAS 14 years ago (our children are 18,16 and 14 years old now (But it seems like yesterday!) :) Could she really have changed this drastically?! Personally,I don't think so -maybe it's a cultural thing for some people? I,personally,loved her -I even remember her smile. Now...I'm an RN and WOULD NOT stay with a rude,mean MD...no way! When our youngest was a day old with a terrible fever,she sent us straight to ER for urgent care. It was serious and she picked it in seconds! Loved her!

Submitted Oct. 8, 2008 | flag

We were assigned to Dr Sukhrani at the birth of our daughter ad right from the first visit to the office we were not very happy. When we called the office to make the appointment, I had to wait on hold for nearly 10 minutes! Then when we were at the appointment the doctor was quick and did not really answer any of our questions. As first time parents we were concerned about our daughters bowel movments and we felt conpletely blown off. We have since found a new doctor, we would NOT reccomend this doctor to anyone!

Submitted Sept. 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Sukhrani in my opinion is a terrible pediatrician: We were frequently rushed out of the exam rooms after waiting for hours in the waiting room, when she did his development chart she was checking off the list before I even responded to her questions, she continuously pointed out silly things and never listened to our concerns as new parents...glad we are finished with her. When we told her that we found a new ped. she suddenly sat down and asked us why...ummm a little late don't you think? I think she may have been good back in her early years.

Submitted June 25, 2008 | flag