Rate Dr. Robert Roy

Dr. Robert Roy's Ratings

Dr Roy is awesome! He is kind and caring with an excellent bedside manner. I enjoyed him as a doctor and as aperson. He delivered both of my daughters. My second pregnancy was challenging and he was so compassionate. I recall him offering a hand to help me up from a lying down position at each visit. I would recommend him to anyone! My only complaint is how backed up appointments always are bit I believe that is because he spends the required time with each patient and that often puts him behind.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

. Horrible experience. Was sent to him as I was experiencing abnormal bleeding and fluid. He did a couple test including a biopsy and stated I should do an MRI (as the previously done ultrasound recommended)that his receptionist would call me with an appointment and that he would also like to see me in two weeks. I didn't hear anything back 1.5 weeks later so I called them. The receptionist stated that she would book the MRI and that my tests were back but wasn't sure if the doctor had reviewed them. Waited another week still nothing so I called again and was told by the receptionist that she is reading my file and there wasn't any abnormalities so we don't contact people when tests come back normal and there is no note in my file for a follow up. I am still experiencing the same problem but I guess no follow up or MRI is required. Don't get me wrong I am very happy that it was normal but it still doesn't solve my problem and I guess I am left to just live with it.

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

I came to this website just to get his office number and read some of the comments. Dr. Roy was awesome! He delivered my son last year. I received excellent care. He dealt with all my crazy list of questions and concerns I had as I was improperly informed about prenatal issues from another dr. He asked me how I would like to deliver the baby...I told him as naturally as possible without drugs. He NEVER persuaded me to have the baby any other way...he encouraged it. My baby was delivered exactly how I wanted...bigger than anticipated @ 9lbs 9oz. (my son was posterior, found out by the irregular contractions i was having, but it was caught. Dr cannot predict when a baby will decide to change position as anything can happen from your last visit until birth). My son is doing really well. All my thanks to Dr. Roy. I'm pregnant again and under his care. I would highly recommend him. The only problem I have is with his medical assistant/receptionist.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

After an emergency D+C I found Dr. Roy had excellent follow up care. He will talk with you on the phone (and will call you back), and seems to be knowledgeable and caring. Yes, I have had to wait occassionally, but that is not unusual when seeing any doctor. I would recommend Dr. Roy.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

This doctor delivered my daughter in 2004. The prenatal care was good, and he always listened to my concerns. I ended up being induced because my daughter was overdue. After two days of being in labour, my daughter was born by C-section. It wasn't what I had planned, but six years down the road I don't think it matters how she was born. Actually, before I had a c-section I used to scoff at the "too posh to push" crowd. But now I don't mind that I had a c-section. I've known a woman who had complications because of pelvic floor damage caused by vaginal birth, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. We're not having any more, but if I were to have another, I would definitely have a second c-section. Actually, I think the choice of birth method, c-section or vaginal, should be entirely the mother's choice, no questions asked - barring contraindications, of course. (One bad thing, this doctor was never on time for appointments. Bring a book to read in the waiting room.)

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

I have arthritis. During our first appointment I asked him if he had experience with this disease. He said he had experience. However, he later called our answering machine to leave medical test results that were upsetting. This is not very professional at all. I was unable to get a hold of him for 2 days and was very worried during this time. Does he realize what stress does to someone with autoimmune problems? It would be stressful for a healthy pregnant woman! When I finally got in to talk to him, he didn't accept any responsibility for upsetting me and my husband...He may be okay for straightfoward cases, but if you have some special needs go to a specialist. Don't see this doctor...he doesn't listen.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag

I went in to labor during his hrs at Burnaby and was sent home so I could come back when a room was empty to be induced! Why would a healthy woman, who's water had broken and was in active labor need to be induced; other than you would like to deliver during your shift! Thankfully Dr Roy had also failed to diagnose my daughter as breeach (after weeks of being told she was head down) so I was lucky enough to deliver a footling breech baby with the help of 8 fabulous paramedics! IF I hadn't had concerns that my child may possibly have life long problems, and not want to be known as someone who files complaints against Drs in that case, I went against the advice of several neo-natal ICU nurses and chose not to file a formal complaint. I would avoid him if possible....

Submitted Oct. 13, 2010 | flag

I first met Doctor Roy after my miscarrige where they discovered that I had a massive ovary ... and was sent to him. I found him to take very seriously mine and my husbands grief over our miscarriage and how badly we wanted to get pregnant again as soon as possible. He took me on and mananged to get my surgery date within a few weeks. After he went on to do my pregnacy care for my next two children. And Dr.Muir who is also in his office delivered my last baby was wonderful she has a good bedside manner listened to my concerns and took in what I knew had happend with my last deliveries and was able to make the birth experience of my daughter very relaxing.. I would reconmmend her to everyone. She also followed up on me with my stay in the hospital to see how my daughter and I were doing .. something my other docs didn't do .

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010 | flag

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL ! Find another Dr he ruined my life by not treating me and leaving my problem until its too late he refused to listen to me and did not respect my race or my wishes for pregnancy

Submitted Aug. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Roy has looked after me for about 2 years (from the time I was referred to him due to infertility up to the delivery of my identical twin girls). He was very compassionate and he made sure that I and my unborn babies got the best care that we needed (I, by the way, had a very difficult and complicated pregnancy). My husband and I are very happy that we had him for a doctor. His staff were very helpful to me too).

Submitted Feb. 3, 2010 | flag