You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Roy

Dr. Robert Roy's Ratings

I had moved to Burnaby and was sent to Dr. Roy.

I had previously been diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery done to remove cysts.

I told Dr. Roy I was having the same pains I had experienced before my surgery. Without even doing a pelvic ultrasound, he wanted to book me for surgery.

In the meantime, I went to another gyno who did a pelvic ultrasound, found out I had a cyst on one of my ovaries and put me on medication to shrink it. Surgery was not needed.

I'm glad I didn't stay with Dr. Roy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Great doctor! I would recommend him....

However ! Horrible receptionist ! Almost didnt want to return because of her attitude & demeaning manor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Roy is terrific! I've been going to him for several years for a simple skin condition and he's always in top of it. He also removed my Fallopian tubes and it was an easy, quick surgery with no problems. His bedside manner is awesome, he is prompt and always seems to care about the patient! I would certainly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

After trying for exactly a year .. Nov to nov, and being wrongly diagnosed 6 times given 4 different types of medicine 2 of them repeats.. Then a different gyno, only to still be in cured as well as still no diagnosis.. I went to Dr. Rob Roy and he found abnormal ( precancerous cells) in my cervix .. I was scheduled for a colposcopy rite away and then saw a quarter sized white patch on my cervix rite at entrance of my uterus .. So I'm schedualed for leep/laser surgery ... I am very scared but at least now I am on my way to recovery ... And in the time I first met Dr, Roy and he found the problem all in a month and half time ! What a waste of my last year I could have caught the problem so much sooner if only I went to Dr. Roy in the first place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr Roy is awesome! He is kind and caring with an excellent bedside manner. I enjoyed him as a doctor and as aperson. He delivered both of my daughters. My second pregnancy was challenging and he was so compassionate. I recall him offering a hand to help me up from a lying down position at each visit. I would recommend him to anyone! My only complaint is how backed up appointments always are bit I believe that is because he spends the required time with each patient and that often puts him behind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

. Horrible experience. Was sent to him as I was experiencing abnormal bleeding and fluid. He did a couple test including a biopsy and stated I should do an MRI (as the previously done ultrasound recommended)that his receptionist would call me with an appointment and that he would also like to see me in two weeks. I didn't hear anything back 1.5 weeks later so I called them. The receptionist stated that she would book the MRI and that my tests were back but wasn't sure if the doctor had reviewed them. Waited another week still nothing so I called again and was told by the receptionist that she is reading my file and there wasn't any abnormalities so we don't contact people when tests come back normal and there is no note in my file for a follow up. I am still experiencing the same problem but I guess no follow up or MRI is required. Don't get me wrong I am very happy that it was normal but it still doesn't solve my problem and I guess I am left to just live with it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I came to this website just to get his office number and read some of the comments. Dr. Roy was awesome! He delivered my son last year. I received excellent care. He dealt with all my crazy list of questions and concerns I had as I was improperly informed about prenatal issues from another dr. He asked me how I would like to deliver the baby...I told him as naturally as possible without drugs. He NEVER persuaded me to have the baby any other way...he encouraged it. My baby was delivered exactly how I wanted...bigger than anticipated @ 9lbs 9oz. (my son was posterior, found out by the irregular contractions i was having, but it was caught. Dr cannot predict when a baby will decide to change position as anything can happen from your last visit until birth). My son is doing really well. All my thanks to Dr. Roy. I'm pregnant again and under his care. I would highly recommend him. The only problem I have is with his medical assistant/receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

After an emergency D+C I found Dr. Roy had excellent follow up care. He will talk with you on the phone (and will call you back), and seems to be knowledgeable and caring. Yes, I have had to wait occassionally, but that is not unusual when seeing any doctor. I would recommend Dr. Roy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2011

This doctor delivered my daughter in 2004. The prenatal care was good, and he always listened to my concerns. I ended up being induced because my daughter was overdue. After two days of being in labour, my daughter was born by C-section. It wasn't what I had planned, but six years down the road I don't think it matters how she was born. Actually, before I had a c-section I used to scoff at the "too posh to push" crowd. But now I don't mind that I had a c-section. I've known a woman who had complications because of pelvic floor damage caused by vaginal birth, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. We're not having any more, but if I were to have another, I would definitely have a second c-section. Actually, I think the choice of birth method, c-section or vaginal, should be entirely the mother's choice, no questions asked - barring contraindications, of course. (One bad thing, this doctor was never on time for appointments. Bring a book to read in the waiting room.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

I have arthritis. During our first appointment I asked him if he had experience with this disease. He said he had experience. However, he later called our answering machine to leave medical test results that were upsetting. This is not very professional at all. I was unable to get a hold of him for 2 days and was very worried during this time. Does he realize what stress does to someone with autoimmune problems? It would be stressful for a healthy pregnant woman! When I finally got in to talk to him, he didn't accept any responsibility for upsetting me and my husband...He may be okay for straightfoward cases, but if you have some special needs go to a specialist. Don't see this doctor...he doesn't listen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1283548].votes_count ]]