Rate Dr. Allison Ferg

Dr. Allison Ferg's Ratings

The worst Maternity Doctor I have ever dealt with in my life (I have 3 kids so I can speak to this). She left my wife feeling abandoned and alone. Showed up at delivery almost 3 hours after being called in at VGH (much to the hospital staff's annoyance) without so much as a hello let alone an apology. Basically took up space and offered nothing during delivery. A wall clock would have been more useful than this waste of a medical degree. She should stop practicing...now. Avoid at all costs - you're better off delivering in the back of a cab than having her around. At least the cab driver would help.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Dr ferg honestly never seemed happy nor excited for her patients any time I went in. Its seemed more about just getting you in and out then actually caring for her patient thats beginning a new chapter of their lives with a child. Honestly I questioned WHY she worked in maternity when she clearly didnt really care about kids. Its like a nurse who doesnt care for children working in the mother/babe unit at the hospital... it doesnt make sense. I am now pregnant again and have opted to find a new dr far away from her.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr.ferg was always extremely attentive and always extremely fun to be around, we really wish we could have switched over to he service. Unfortunately her practice was full for family, but in the event of us having more kids I would definitely see her again; I would definitely recommend her to everyone!

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

My doctor and my family's doctor for 14 years. She has always been fantastically helpful, intelligent, knowledgeable and compassionate. Does not sweat the little stuff but is immediately on top of anything that looks like a serious problem, immediately orders tests and refers to specialists when appropriate. I recommend her to everyone.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2012 | flag

Has been my doctor for over 20 years. Used to be amazing, now seems tired, feel like she wishes she were somewhere else and is just putting in time. Too bad, she was once the best!

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

She happened to be my delivery doctor that day. She was cold and unfriendly. She clearly showed that she did not want to be there – she had to come to the hospital at night. She did not say anything during my delivery, just being silent with no expression. It was my first delivery and premature birth. I needed some guidance/advice. My husband and I were very frustrated with her. I did not want to deal with this doctor ever again.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ferg has been my family doctor for 18 years & I adore her. She is kind, compassionate and thorough and always responds to my needs. I would recommend her to others in a heartbeat! The staff at her new office are delightful.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ferg has been my doctor for over 12 years. I have had 4 babies under her care and she is fantastic!!! When my GP doctor closed his practice she took my family of 6 under her general practioner care without hesitation! She is knowledgable, understanding and VERY caring. She treats patients with a "matter of fact" attitude, so what that means is there is no sugar coating of information. All these negative comments obviously come from people who don't understand the healthcare system, *ie GP can not refer a patient to a specialist without seeing the patient first etc.....and let's think about useless tax dollars that would be spent if every doctor referred to specialists for every little problem...come on people...another thing, in this day and age we have to advocate for our own health and healthcare, Dr. Ferg most definately will support any concern you have, just go to her with a valid one!!!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr Ferg has been my Dr for over 20 years, she handled my twin pregancy and my normal pregancy. She is knowedgable, carring and knows her patients well. She will tell you "like it is" and does not suffer fools lightly. I highly recommend her to any new mom or any woman looking for an intellegent practical Dr.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2010 | flag

Allison has been my physician for years and does a good job of putting up with my irrational fears.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag