Rate Dr. Hugh Fletcher

Dr. Hugh Fletcher's Ratings

This doctor is a detriment to the medical profession, he needs to retire, and get bit in the a$$ by all the bad karma coming his way. On my last appointment with this horrible man, I asked him why he didn't take my complaints of abdominal pains seriously (which ended up being my appendix ready to rupture, and I had emergency surgery). He then told me I never had anything wrong with my appendix, and that it was all in my head. He stuck to this story even when talking to the surgeon that removed it. The surgeon was horrified at his lack of professionalism, as he chose to respond to her by yelling and telling her that I am crazy, and unable to perceive reality, as well as that my appendix was "fine". This doctor wants only healthy patients. I am reporting him to the College of Physicians and Surgeons and I recommend everyone do the same. This man has NO RIGHT practicing medicine period.
He is a dangerous ego maniac.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2607806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dangerous, negligent, pompous a**. Has he retired yet?

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2562530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr. Fletcher has been our family doctor for 26 years since we moved here when I was a child. He has always taken extremely good care of me and my family. As I grew older, I switched to a woman doctor but he will always see me for second opinions. He helped my father when he was very sick and essentially saved his life. He saw my new born when another dr dismissed me as a worried first time mom. He sent us straight to the odes at the hospital where my son was diagnosed with a serious illness. He took on my husband as a patient when we moved back to the community. He is always caring and always makes time for us. I can't say enough great things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446965].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Fletcher unfortunately did not meet our families expectations. It seems he is in the mass production business of medicine and in a nutshell unless you want more than 5 minutes of his time don't see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1284169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I have nothing good to say about this doctor, and don't want to rant about him, but the rating I gave stands.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1284168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Dr. Hugh Fletcher has been our family Doctor for over 18 years. He helped my children through some very hard times, financially as well as medically. Without recognition. I have an emergency, he sees me on the spot. Dr. Fletcher, I do agree, does not cater to someone that does not want to help themself. He has always been there for me and my family. Especially, in this particular time of extreme need. Though, doctors are extremely overbooked these days, if you are able to see Dr. Fletcher, I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284167].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 20, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

He needs to start paying attention and stop making mistakes. When making mistakes,as we all do,he needs to be open to discussing how this can be prevented in the future, instead of just kicking the patient out of the office. Very arrogant and cold if things don't go his way.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1284166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

I was referred to as a patient for consult, and not disappointed. I work in the medical field and always admired his level of skill and professionalism. He is by far the most skilled and knowledgeable physician in the area, and most in the profession would do well to aspire to Dr Fletcher's level of professionalism. While some people will not find him helpful or like him, patients/people FREQUENTLY do not know what is best for them. No one can please all of the people all of the time, but that he pleases this many most of the time is astonishing enough! It is a sad day for medicare when most MDs look for the quick fix and fast paycheck rather than actually doing what they are 'trained' for and have promised to do in their practice...remember? The Hippocratic Oath? This doctor not only practices it, he seems to live by it. It really is too bad that his kind of dedication is so rare...imagine if even half of the doctors were half as professional!! Medicare would be saved!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284165].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

Dr. Fletcher has done it again! He now offers regularly scheduled Yoga classes (at no cost to participants) at his Beach Medical complex, under the excellent supervision of a certified instructor. In our opinion, this long serving, civic spirited Doctor, has done more for the health and fitness of our Qualicum Beach community than all the other physicians combined. Visit his web site at: http://www.beachmedical.ca/Good_Doctors_in_Qualicum_Beach,_Parksville,_BC_Dr._Hugh_Fletcher,_Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284164].votes_count ]]