Rate Dr. Hugh Fletcher

Dr. Hugh Fletcher's Ratings

Dr. Fletcher has been our family doctor for 26 years since we moved here when I was a child. He has always taken extremely good care of me and my family. As I grew older, I switched to a woman doctor but he will always see me for second opinions. He helped my father when he was very sick and essentially saved his life. He saw my new born when another dr dismissed me as a worried first time mom. He sent us straight to the odes at the hospital where my son was diagnosed with a serious illness. He took on my husband as a patient when we moved back to the community. He is always caring and always makes time for us. I can't say enough great things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Fletcher unfortunately did not meet our families expectations. It seems he is in the mass production business of medicine and in a nutshell unless you want more than 5 minutes of his time don't see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I have nothing good to say about this doctor, and don't want to rant about him, but the rating I gave stands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Dr. Hugh Fletcher has been our family Doctor for over 18 years. He helped my children through some very hard times, financially as well as medically. Without recognition. I have an emergency, he sees me on the spot. Dr. Fletcher, I do agree, does not cater to someone that does not want to help themself. He has always been there for me and my family. Especially, in this particular time of extreme need. Though, doctors are extremely overbooked these days, if you are able to see Dr. Fletcher, I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

He needs to start paying attention and stop making mistakes. When making mistakes,as we all do,he needs to be open to discussing how this can be prevented in the future, instead of just kicking the patient out of the office. Very arrogant and cold if things don't go his way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

I was referred to as a patient for consult, and not disappointed. I work in the medical field and always admired his level of skill and professionalism. He is by far the most skilled and knowledgeable physician in the area, and most in the profession would do well to aspire to Dr Fletcher's level of professionalism. While some people will not find him helpful or like him, patients/people FREQUENTLY do not know what is best for them. No one can please all of the people all of the time, but that he pleases this many most of the time is astonishing enough! It is a sad day for medicare when most MDs look for the quick fix and fast paycheck rather than actually doing what they are 'trained' for and have promised to do in their practice...remember? The Hippocratic Oath? This doctor not only practices it, he seems to live by it. It really is too bad that his kind of dedication is so rare...imagine if even half of the doctors were half as professional!! Medicare would be saved!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

Dr. Fletcher has done it again! He now offers regularly scheduled Yoga classes (at no cost to participants) at his Beach Medical complex, under the excellent supervision of a certified instructor. In our opinion, this long serving, civic spirited Doctor, has done more for the health and fitness of our Qualicum Beach community than all the other physicians combined. Visit his web site at: http://www.beachmedical.ca/Good_Doctors_in_Qualicum_Beach,_Parksville,_BC_Dr._Hugh_Fletcher,_Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I'm astonished to see smiley-faces...an M.S sufferer for years, Dr. Fletcher refused to see me unless I switched my long-time pain regimen to Methadone - (for which he gets paid a pretty fee, as one of a few MD's who can prescribe this drug used for both heroin withdrawal AND pain mngmt.) I refused because my freedom (as a frequent traveller) is crucial to me; he also would have made me sign a "Pain Agreement" (one-sided) so I could see no one else - potentially having very deleterious results in my life/style. It galled me how cavalier he was about saying No to me when i refused his "My Way or The Highway" and politely reminded him he is PAID BY MY TAXES. He put me in a terrible spot because I'd moved to the town and no other MD would take someone on narcotics - I'd never heard anything so against what our medical system stands for. He even had me see his other cash-cow, the counsellor -I found out, after the fact, was for addictions.Since I don't/never had, we blathered about sailing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

Hugh's the man; puts up with my bs and i'm always in and out. To the rest of you, you can't always show up unarmed and expect him to have all the answers! Now! Try looking into your own health, he's human; he will miss things, make mistakes: this is where your own due diligence is required. Some say he is cold and uncaring. Your try dealing with 40+ sick or depressed people a day 5 days a week 51 weeks a year and see how long you last. When is the last time you took an interest in his life?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284162].votes_count ]]