You may also like

Rate Dr. Maureen O'Brien

Dr. Maureen O'Brien's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. O'Brien for approx. 2 years now. I had the fresh eating disease which cause a lot of problems in my foot leading to fusion surgeries. Although straight to the point Dr. O was throughout and caring when it came down to it. She did not rush to the worst case scenario when planning the process but worked to offer me the best quality of life and use of my foot. She continues to help me to the best of her ability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER. Went to see her back in October 2014 for a broken femur (motor vehicle accident happened in the States). Firstly, she had our "meeting" in her hallway within the earshot of everyone sitting in the waiting room (this is HIGHLY unprofessional, I work in the healthcare industry myself), this was the thing that bothered me the least with our appointment. She then asked me where I got my surgery done (as this is relevant how?) & then continued to talk down to me in the most condescending manner, explaining that I wasn't to "go on the exercise bike" or "lift weights" - this is at my barely 2 month point of having my accident & severely wheelchair bound.. to top it off she could not be bothered to explain to me why I was having this deep throbbing pain in my knee cap & that in her opinion it couldn't be my pins. I asked how or what I could do to relieve this pain & her response was simple, "well, it's broken it's supposed to hurt". After leaving the office humiliated I graciously was seen by my boyfriend's ortho who was not only extremely helpful, sensitive & highly knowledgeable kindly explained my knee pain was due to having a 3/4 of an inch holedrilled in my patella in order to insert the titanium rod that now holds my leg together. Needless to say I would never recommend anyone to this doctor - she is set in her ways & does not care what you have to say regarding your health!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

dr. O'Brien is very efficient knowledgeable and great with patients. Sally is great too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I had a knee arthroscopic for a meniscus issue. Dr.O'Brien is amazing. Staff is friendly and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

In my opinion, Dr. O'brien is one of the worst doctors I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Last year I broke my Humerus, in a snowboarding accident. I was appointed to Dr. O'brien, by a Dr. from the banff hospital. At first things were going well, but 6 months into it, my bone looked like a boomerang! Literally!! And she told me everything looked like it was healing properly. Not in my opinion it was not. So I went for a second opinion shortly after and the second orthopedic surgeon did surgery on my fracture, within a week of seeing him, to bring it back together, cause she did not want to operate. I am very glad I did choose to go for a second opinion, as I feel much better now, and don't think I would be were I am at now if I did not. Don't ever take what doctor tells you as the truth. If you ever have any doubt about in what they are saying, go for a second opinion, I wish I did a lot sooner. It took a year of my life that I can never get back

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2568000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr O'Brien is by far one of the best and caring doctors I've ever met. Thanks to her surgery and after-care, my daughter who borke her leg and tore her ligaments and tendons is now almost hopping around...after just 3 months! Dr O'Brien did a superb job and also encouraged my daughter with her cheerful, to-the-point, yet kind and professional demeanor. I can't thank you enough and I'm still dancing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. O'Brien, replaced my knee 4 months ago. I am pain free for the first time in years. I was made fully aware that the procedure was going to be painful, and required my dedication to recovery. Sally was always helpful and pleasant to deal with, and always returned my calls. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr O'Brien.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

The 09/02/13 post describes almost an IDENTICAL response to my unfortunate experience. Her "zip the lips" comment & hand gesture was followed by a lecture in which she completely dismissed exercising as being of any value to weight loss. Her recommendation for my severe knee diagnosis (as per the MRI I brought with me) was "There's nothing I can do for you. You are too young for a knee replacement, it's up to you to fix yourself." She would not enter into a discussion about options to relieve pain in my knees with a torn meniscus, insisting the pain was caused by mild arthritis. No to Synvisc injections and no explanation as to why. It took her minutes to crush my hope for even the slightest relief from unrelenting, debilitating pain, say nothing of the searing pain in my knees following the examination. She closed the appointment with recommending I go to my family Dr. to try different medications for pain relief because she had no interest in knowing my current medical status.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr O'Brien has to be one of the nicest doctors I have ever encountered. She was punctual, caring, explained my options including the pros and cons of each and genuinely showed concern for me. I have already recommended her to others. I have no concerns about the required surgery as I trust her implicitly. Some of the office staff could have been a little friendlier but maybe they were just having a bad day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

I think she's great! She just removed 2 plates from a broken leg yesterday and was on a cane herself as she had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284683].votes_count ]]