Rate Dr. Maureen O'Brien

Dr. Maureen O'Brien's Ratings

dr. O'Brien is very efficient knowledgeable and great with patients. Sally is great too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I had a knee arthroscopic for a meniscus issue. Dr.O'Brien is amazing. Staff is friendly and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

In my opinion, Dr. O'brien is one of the worst doctors I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Last year I broke my Humerus, in a snowboarding accident. I was appointed to Dr. O'brien, by a Dr. from the banff hospital. At first things were going well, but 6 months into it, my bone looked like a boomerang! Literally!! And she told me everything looked like it was healing properly. Not in my opinion it was not. So I went for a second opinion shortly after and the second orthopedic surgeon did surgery on my fracture, within a week of seeing him, to bring it back together, cause she did not want to operate. I am very glad I did choose to go for a second opinion, as I feel much better now, and don't think I would be were I am at now if I did not. Don't ever take what doctor tells you as the truth. If you ever have any doubt about in what they are saying, go for a second opinion, I wish I did a lot sooner. It took a year of my life that I can never get back

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2568000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr O'Brien is by far one of the best and caring doctors I've ever met. Thanks to her surgery and after-care, my daughter who borke her leg and tore her ligaments and tendons is now almost hopping around...after just 3 months! Dr O'Brien did a superb job and also encouraged my daughter with her cheerful, to-the-point, yet kind and professional demeanor. I can't thank you enough and I'm still dancing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. O'Brien, replaced my knee 4 months ago. I am pain free for the first time in years. I was made fully aware that the procedure was going to be painful, and required my dedication to recovery. Sally was always helpful and pleasant to deal with, and always returned my calls. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr O'Brien.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

The 09/02/13 post describes almost an IDENTICAL response to my unfortunate experience. Her "zip the lips" comment & hand gesture was followed by a lecture in which she completely dismissed exercising as being of any value to weight loss. Her recommendation for my severe knee diagnosis (as per the MRI I brought with me) was "There's nothing I can do for you. You are too young for a knee replacement, it's up to you to fix yourself." She would not enter into a discussion about options to relieve pain in my knees with a torn meniscus, insisting the pain was caused by mild arthritis. No to Synvisc injections and no explanation as to why. It took her minutes to crush my hope for even the slightest relief from unrelenting, debilitating pain, say nothing of the searing pain in my knees following the examination. She closed the appointment with recommending I go to my family Dr. to try different medications for pain relief because she had no interest in knowing my current medical status.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr O'Brien has to be one of the nicest doctors I have ever encountered. She was punctual, caring, explained my options including the pros and cons of each and genuinely showed concern for me. I have already recommended her to others. I have no concerns about the required surgery as I trust her implicitly. Some of the office staff could have been a little friendlier but maybe they were just having a bad day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

I think she's great! She just removed 2 plates from a broken leg yesterday and was on a cane herself as she had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

This Doctor kept me waiting and had the wrong x-ray on her screen when she tried to show me "my issue". Told me I was too young for a knee replacement when I came for a meniscal tear.She then proceeded to tell me I am too overweight for surgery and told me I should zip my lip and not eat, using a hand gesture to show the zipping of the lips. She had not even looked at my mri and said I had arthritis not a tear, so surgery wouldn't help. The mri showed two tears and a bit of arthritis starting in the knee. She said she would be back with information I asked for about an injection called synvisc that has been successful in cushioning the knee in cases like mine. She never did come back to the exam room and after 20 minutes I sent my daughter out only to find out she had chosen to leave the info with the receptionist instead of bringing it to me as promised. This Doctor needs a lesson in human compassion and respect for other human beings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Had bunion surgery done by Dr. O'Brien and she did the incorrect procedure. I had to have it redone by another surgeon who did a super job. She caused alot of pain and no gain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1284681].votes_count ]]