Rate Dr. Maureen O'Brien

Dr. Maureen O'Brien's Ratings

Dr. O'Brien, replaced my knee 4 months ago. I am pain free for the first time in years. I was made fully aware that the procedure was going to be painful, and required my dedication to recovery. Sally was always helpful and pleasant to deal with, and always returned my calls. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr O'Brien.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

The 09/02/13 post describes almost an IDENTICAL response to my unfortunate experience. Her "zip the lips" comment & hand gesture was followed by a lecture in which she completely dismissed exercising as being of any value to weight loss. Her recommendation for my severe knee diagnosis (as per the MRI I brought with me) was "There's nothing I can do for you. You are too young for a knee replacement, it's up to you to fix yourself." She would not enter into a discussion about options to relieve pain in my knees with a torn meniscus, insisting the pain was caused by mild arthritis. No to Synvisc injections and no explanation as to why. It took her minutes to crush my hope for even the slightest relief from unrelenting, debilitating pain, say nothing of the searing pain in my knees following the examination. She closed the appointment with recommending I go to my family Dr. to try different medications for pain relief because she had no interest in knowing my current medical status.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

Dr O'Brien has to be one of the nicest doctors I have ever encountered. She was punctual, caring, explained my options including the pros and cons of each and genuinely showed concern for me. I have already recommended her to others. I have no concerns about the required surgery as I trust her implicitly. Some of the office staff could have been a little friendlier but maybe they were just having a bad day.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2013 | flag

I think she's great! She just removed 2 plates from a broken leg yesterday and was on a cane herself as she had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago!

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

This Doctor kept me waiting and had the wrong x-ray on her screen when she tried to show me "my issue". Told me I was too young for a knee replacement when I came for a meniscal tear.She then proceeded to tell me I am too overweight for surgery and told me I should zip my lip and not eat, using a hand gesture to show the zipping of the lips. She had not even looked at my mri and said I had arthritis not a tear, so surgery wouldn't help. The mri showed two tears and a bit of arthritis starting in the knee. She said she would be back with information I asked for about an injection called synvisc that has been successful in cushioning the knee in cases like mine. She never did come back to the exam room and after 20 minutes I sent my daughter out only to find out she had chosen to leave the info with the receptionist instead of bringing it to me as promised. This Doctor needs a lesson in human compassion and respect for other human beings.

Submitted June 9, 2013 | flag

Had bunion surgery done by Dr. O'Brien and she did the incorrect procedure. I had to have it redone by another surgeon who did a super job. She caused alot of pain and no gain.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

I thought Dr. O'Brien was awesome. She was very direct and told me how it was and what the solution was. She seemed very concerned about making sure that she did the best job she could so I could get back to normal. I shattered the lateral top corner of my tibia. Dr. O'Brien operated to put in a plate to hold the bone together while it healed. I have a fairly good sized scar but all things considered I think it's pretty good. She is an early bird though and it's sometimes hard to think of coherent questions that early when you are still in the hospital :) I hope never to need her services again but if the situation arises I wouldn't want anyone else.

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Obrien repaired a complete tear of the left posterior tibial tendon in Jan. 1998. She did a fantastic job and I have had no problems ever since in that foot. I am now 71 years of age and awaiting for surgery to repair a complete tear in my rotator cuff. No date with any surgeon as yet. It would be nice to have Dr. O'Brien do it, but that won't necessarily happen.However, I am confident that an excellent surgeon will be found.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

Very caring and proffesional treatment.Good hospital manner and very personalable office manner

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

Dr O'Brien is a wonderful surgeon. I have now had two total knee replacements at the age of 46. The "Doc" can be short and abrupt but just prior to surgery you can see the compassion and caring in her eyes. I have the utmost respect for her and wish her nothing but the best. Do what she asks and Dr. O'Brien will get along just fine.

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag