Rate Dr. Stuart Carr

Dr. Stuart Carr's Ratings

I think Dr. Carr is very knowledgable and bright, but he tends to have very poor active listening skills. He's extremenly stuck to his way of presenting info and doing things. I think that my son is on a ton of meds that I would rather he not be, and the blowing test for asthma is always so intense! Carr is very intense in general. I think he drinks either a ton of coffee or is ADHD! I do like his knowledge, I just wish he was more approachable and relaxing to talk to. My husband and I are both educated and smart people, we don't need to be talked down to. Carr needs to work on his people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Excellent experience for both Mom and child! Very very informative!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

What a relief. Dr. Carr got right to the point and directly dispelled many myths. Although we are educated and well read we know little to nothing about his field of practice. It was refreshing to learn facts from someone who did not pull any punches.

Kevin

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr. Carr is fast, efficient and keeps the conversation on track. However, I also find he has very poor listening skills and an overall arrogant attitude. He is good if you are looking to identify allergens through testing, however if you are a parent who is looking to discuss your child's health or treatment - stay away. He is close minded and won't let you get a word in.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1285035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

My son was referred to Dr. Carr through AB Health Services for a possible vaccine allergy. He suffers from breathing and sinus issues as well, and I assumed that being an allergist (and a professional) that he would address the whole patient and all his problems. However, because we were only referred for a possible vaccination related allergy, that's all he would discuss with us, even though he acknowledged that there is a high probability that he has environmental allergies. He said that if his pediatrician wanted him to investigate them further to let him know. I found him loud, juvenile, pompous, and condescending.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

While local doctors in our province would not listen to us, as parents, Dr. Carr did. He showed extreme passion and care in working with our twin daughters as well as our youngest daughter. Our twins have been seeing Dr. Carr for 12 years now and all I can say is..HE'S THE BEST. He listens. He involves his patients....our children. He talks to them as well as to us as the parents. All in all....he helped change the life of one of our twins who has severe allergies. His prescriptions and directions for care of all three of our girls....PERFECT. Dr. Carr has always treated us with respect and ensures that all of our questions are answered before we leave his office. He's quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr. Carr for several years. I have no problem with the care he has been getting as the Dr. is very knowledgeable and thorough but I agree with a previous comment made. Dr. Carr has always talked down to me (I'm well educated and presentable) and would never address me when entering the room or during the visit. Even when my son was very young, he spoke directly to him and was always condescending towards me. Also, he never returns his emails or phone messages which is very irritating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Very unhappy with this doctor,i thought he was just experimenting with medications on my son and when something caused ill effects he would have to see a doctor in that field to get the problems diagnosed which were caused by the medications as well as the dosages my child was perscribed by Dr.Carr his therapy is to agressive and misdiagnosed he guesses alot and puts you on something and if it works great if not hes a differnt medication anyone can do that.My son had a severe reaction to some medication perscibed and when i tryed to contact the office by phone email messages i was just egnored,Dr Carr talks down to you if your the parent and cuts you off when you try to voice concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

My daughter has been seeing DR. Carr for 6 years now, she is 8 now. I have no problems with the doctor, I have been very pleased with every visit. My daughter has no allergies, so her asthma is harder to treat. But i always leave DR. Carr's office feeling very confindent in the fact my daughter is taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr.Carr is awesome. He has helped us manage our son's food allergies. He is very gentle and soft spoken, My son dislikes getting his "pokies" but Dr. Carr is very patient with him and by the time we leave my Son has a smile on his face!! My second son is now a patient of Dr. Carr and I am confident that he will help solve his possible asthma symptoms. I took my second child to a different asthma specialist and I left with more questions and the feeling that the diagnosis was incorrect. I will recomend Dr. Carr to any parent whose children have allergies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285030].votes_count ]]