Dr. Stuart Carr

Rate Dr. Stuart Carr

Dr. Stuart Carr's Ratings

Dr. Carr is fast, efficient and keeps the conversation on track. However, I also find he has very poor listening skills and an overall arrogant attitude. He is good if you are looking to identify allergens through testing, however if you are a parent who is looking to discuss your child's health or treatment - stay away. He is close minded and won't let you get a word in.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

My son was referred to Dr. Carr through AB Health Services for a possible vaccine allergy. He suffers from breathing and sinus issues as well, and I assumed that being an allergist (and a professional) that he would address the whole patient and all his problems. However, because we were only referred for a possible vaccination related allergy, that's all he would discuss with us, even though he acknowledged that there is a high probability that he has environmental allergies. He said that if his pediatrician wanted him to investigate them further to let him know. I found him loud, juvenile, pompous, and condescending.

Submitted April 27, 2012 | flag

While local doctors in our province would not listen to us, as parents, Dr. Carr did. He showed extreme passion and care in working with our twin daughters as well as our youngest daughter. Our twins have been seeing Dr. Carr for 12 years now and all I can say is..HE'S THE BEST. He listens. He involves his patients....our children. He talks to them as well as to us as the parents. All in all....he helped change the life of one of our twins who has severe allergies. His prescriptions and directions for care of all three of our girls....PERFECT. Dr. Carr has always treated us with respect and ensures that all of our questions are answered before we leave his office. He's quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails.

Submitted June 1, 2011 | flag

My son has been seeing Dr. Carr for several years. I have no problem with the care he has been getting as the Dr. is very knowledgeable and thorough but I agree with a previous comment made. Dr. Carr has always talked down to me (I'm well educated and presentable) and would never address me when entering the room or during the visit. Even when my son was very young, he spoke directly to him and was always condescending towards me. Also, he never returns his emails or phone messages which is very irritating.

Submitted April 29, 2011 | flag

Very unhappy with this doctor,i thought he was just experimenting with medications on my son and when something caused ill effects he would have to see a doctor in that field to get the problems diagnosed which were caused by the medications as well as the dosages my child was perscribed by Dr.Carr his therapy is to agressive and misdiagnosed he guesses alot and puts you on something and if it works great if not hes a differnt medication anyone can do that.My son had a severe reaction to some medication perscibed and when i tryed to contact the office by phone email messages i was just egnored,Dr Carr talks down to you if your the parent and cuts you off when you try to voice concerns.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

My daughter has been seeing DR. Carr for 6 years now, she is 8 now. I have no problems with the doctor, I have been very pleased with every visit. My daughter has no allergies, so her asthma is harder to treat. But i always leave DR. Carr's office feeling very confindent in the fact my daughter is taken care of.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr.Carr is awesome. He has helped us manage our son's food allergies. He is very gentle and soft spoken, My son dislikes getting his "pokies" but Dr. Carr is very patient with him and by the time we leave my Son has a smile on his face!! My second son is now a patient of Dr. Carr and I am confident that he will help solve his possible asthma symptoms. I took my second child to a different asthma specialist and I left with more questions and the feeling that the diagnosis was incorrect. I will recomend Dr. Carr to any parent whose children have allergies.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2010 | flag

I feel so lucky that my son has Dr. Carr as his allergist. I always leave an appointment confident and assured as he answers any question thoroughly. He's excellent with children (and parents) and is by far the best physician I know of. I understand there is a very long wait time to see him as a first time patient now, but I suggest that parents wait him out -- absolutely worth it.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2010 | flag

We have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Carr. He is very knowledgable, personable, and he has a great attitude with his patients. He took the time to fully assess and diagnose our son's asthma and allergies. He is probably one of the best doctors we have ever been to.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2009 | flag

I would like to thank Dr. Carr for all his awesome work with us. My daughter has a peanut/nut/cat/polen allergy and he has been very knowledgeable and helpful to help us achieve and manage to live a "normal" life with allergies. His office stuff is so caring and helpful as well. I have very much appreciate Dr. Carr in a personal and a professional level.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2009 | flag