Rate Dr. David N. Armstrong

Dr. David N. Armstrong's Ratings

I was somewhat nervous going in to my first time appointment because of some negative comments below, but I found my experience to be quite the opposite of what I found here. Dr. Armstrong's bedside manner was kind and understanding. His staff were friendly, supportive and helpful. They fit me into their schedule and I am having a procedure within less than 24 hours. I have heard nothing but good things about his abilities and I am going into my procedure with more trust in him than some doctors I have known for years. I am glad I found Dr. Armstrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

VAlthough Dr.Armstrong seems to be a good surgeon, his bedside manner totally overrules that. To be frank he is downright mean spends as little time possible with.you. If you try to ask any questions he literally acts as if youve just asked the impossublw and treats you Like an idiot. I dont understand how someone who seems to hate his job and patients continues to practice medicine. I guess it takes an ahole to specialize in them as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Worst experience I ever had going to the Doctor. I made an apt. with Doctor David Armstrong, but get a different intern or Doctor to talk to. Then, David came in for a minute. I was greeted with a hand shake immediately following with pull down your pants and bend over here. I was shocked at how fast this happened after the hand shake. When I didn't react within a few seconds he repeated it. About 30 seconds later I had a finger shoved up my ass by the intern/Doctor. No warning. I was asked, 3 times, if this hurts and responded yes, but she kept rotating her finger anyway. ?? During this another helper swung the door wide open to come in for some unknown reason. 30 seconds later they left the room, with no "nice to meet you", and they left lubrication all over my ass. Before I could wipe, this other helper nurse lady asked if I could come back and speak to the Doctor or Intern in her office. The most respectful part of my visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I suffered with hemorrhoids for years. Went to another doctor first who did a painful procedure that didn’t help. Dr. Armstrong treated my hemorrhoids with rubberbands. Much less painful and fixed my problem. Yeah!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1285131].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013

An extremely pleasant staff, which made my visit so much more comfortable. Dr. Armstrong was very detailed and explained my future surgery thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

Staff unprofessional. Was never at ease while in office. Dr spent all of 30 seconds with me. Did not even address my main concern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

I went to another proctologist multiple times for bleeding hemroids (base on a recommendation by my brother), and he was not able to find the one causing my problem (not sure what he removed all 4-5 of these visits). Out of frustration I went back to my PCP (Dr. Ralph A. Jackson - an excellent MD) who referred me to Dr. Armstrong. Dr.Armstrong took care of the problem in one visit. Excellent physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Dr. Armstrong is not the problem, it's his impolite staff who NEVER pick up the phone when you call. When a message is left, the call is returned in maybe 24 hrs., but most likely in 48. Extremely annoying and enough reason to find another physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Dr. Armstrong is a great and talented surgeon. He did my colon resection and I would recommend him to anyone...great doctor! His staff is OK...however he is always responsive to improvement comments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1285126].votes_count ]]