Dr. David N. Armstrong

Foreign Lang: Hebrew

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. David N. Armstrong has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Colorectal / Proctologist-related: colon surgery, rectal surgery, colitis, colorectal cancer
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5595373
03/07/14 3 2 1 4 VAlthough Dr.Armstrong seems to be a good surgeon, his bedside manner totally overrules that. To be frank he is downright mean spends as little time possible with.you. If you try to ask any questions he literally acts as if youve just asked the impossublw and treats you Like an idiot. I dont understand how someone who seems to hate his job and patients continues to practice medicine. I guess it takes an ahole to specialize in them as well.  Respond
RID: 5521087

05/06/14 2 5 2 3 Worst experience I ever had going to the Doctor. I made an apt. with Doctor David Armstrong, but get a different intern or Doctor to talk to. Then, David came in for a minute. I was greeted with a hand shake immediately following with pull down your pants and bend over here. I was shocked at how fast this happened after the hand shake. When I didn't react within a few seconds he repeated it. About 30 seconds later I had a finger shoved up my ass by the intern/Doctor. No warning. I was asked, 3 times, if this hurts and responded yes, but she kept rotating her finger anyway. ?? During this another helper swung the door wide open to come in for some unknown reason. 30 seconds later they left the room, with no "nice to meet you", and they left lubrication all over my ass. Before I could wipe, this other helper nurse lady asked if I could come back and speak to the Doctor or Intern in her office. The most respectful part of my visit.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $318
RID: 4790854

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7  Respond
RID: 4289621

24/01/14 1 3 2 3
RID: 3619794
27/11/13 4 5 5 5 I suffered with hemorrhoids for years. Went to another doctor first who did a painful procedure that didn’t help. Dr. Armstrong treated my hemorrhoids with rubberbands. Much less painful and fixed my problem. Yeah!!
RID: 3597532
06/11/13 5 4 5 5 An extremely pleasant staff, which made my visit so much more comfortable. Dr. Armstrong was very detailed and explained my future surgery thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 3594971
04/11/13 1 4 2 3 Staff unprofessional. Was never at ease while in office. Dr spent all of 30 seconds with me. Did not even address my main concern.
RID: 2859953
17/09/13 4 5 5 5 I went to another proctologist multiple times for bleeding hemroids (base on a recommendation by my brother), and he was not able to find the one causing my problem (not sure what he removed all 4-5 of these visits). Out of frustration I went back to my PCP (Dr. Ralph A. Jackson - an excellent MD) who referred me to Dr. Armstrong. Dr.Armstrong took care of the problem in one visit. Excellent physician!
RID: 2852441
12/09/13 1 1 1 1 Dr. Armstrong is not the problem, it's his impolite staff who NEVER pick up the phone when you call. When a message is left, the call is returned in maybe 24 hrs., but most likely in 48. Extremely annoying and enough reason to find another physician.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2453461
21/10/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Armstrong is a great and talented surgeon. He did my colon resection and I would recommend him to anyone...great doctor! His staff is OK...however he is always responsive to improvement comments.  Respond

07/07/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Proctologist / Colorectal"
RID: 1809696
27/03/12 1 5 5 5 I was sent to Dr. Armstrong from my gastrointernest because of an anal fissure. He is very fast and quick and so is his staff in scheduling you for surgery. After the surgery, I had made a list of questions to ask him. He put down his clip board and answered all my questions. I did the same thing when going in for my 2 week checkup. Getting the staff/nurses call you back is a total chore. I called on a Thursday and finally got to talk to the surgery scheduling person and I asked when my surgery was...she said she will call me Friday (the next day) with the details. I asked for details now....she said she would call me on Friday. :(
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1719056
21/02/12 4 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Armstrong. He is a great surgeon and knows how to work well when confronted with unexpected internal discoveries. You will do no better than this exceptional surgeon!
RID: 1496950
27/07/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Armstrong after being diagnosed with colorectal cancer by my Gastroenterologist in March. He was pleasant, polite and put me at ease on my very first visit. He explained to my husband and me what surgeries I would need and what steps would be taken. My surgeries were a total success and I feel confident that he removed all of the cancer; and along with my chemotherapy I'm on my way to a full recovery (cancer free). I would also like to add that Dr. Armstrong's staff was quick with responses to my numerous phone calls and very accommodated with my appointments. I think Dr. Armstrong and his team are outstanding and I am thankful for the care they have provided me.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1437342
10/05/11 1 3 1 4 Extremely poor front desk service. Rude staff. Calls are never returned even on same day after surgery.Dr. never bothered to talk to patient for 2 weeks after operation. Dr. might be knowledgeable and experience but need to learn treating patient with good patience. Seems always in a hurry. Did not co-operate with insurance work and denied post operation treatment.NOT RECOMMENDED.There are good Doctors in town.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 1400866
29/03/11 5 4 5 5 Great surgeon, very knowlegable doctor, good staff not usually long waits.
RID: 1189159
14/06/10 1 4 2 3 I recently went to this Dr for a check up on a pain i was feeling in my rectum. upon arrival i felt like the front staff were very rude and not helpful at all. when I got to see the Dr I felt like my concerns were not being met . He did a rectum check and after he was done he flicked the glove he had used across the room . I was disgusted but did not say anything. He ordered a ct scan for later in the week. I have made several calls to try to find out the results but no one will return my calls. After several calls and nearly two weeks have gone by I have given up and decided to try a new Dr .  Respond
RID: 1025732
04/11/09 1 2 1 2 Dr. Armstrong seems knowledgeable, but is very poor in manners, he and his staff. My father-in-law required a rectal procedure. He was treated like an alien from another planet. The doctor seemed impatient and unwilling to work with us especially in completing our insurance forms. We will seek consult and treatment elsewhere.  Respond
RID: 698387
08/10/08 1 2 1 4 Received very poor service. When calling the office, I could rarely speak to a human being. I had to leave a msg & the call would not be returned until a day or two later. I was on short term disability at work and for my 2 week followup appt, I advised them of my complications and this information was not noted in my file. They provided me with a disability certificate excusing me out of work for another two weeks but would not provide my disability ins co with this info. They only advised that the incisions were healing properly. Therefore, my disability claim was denied. I also had to wait for 1 1/2 hrs for one of my scheduled appointments. Dr Armstrong is a training doctor so during the course of 2 months that I had my procedure done, there were 3 different doctors at different times that accompanied Dr Armstrong during my appts, examinations and surgery. Due to the sensitivity of my problem, it was not comfortable knowing that all these different doctors were along for the view.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 366034
13/07/07 5 5 5 5 Great doctor and teacher! Eager to teach. Highly approachable. Excellent.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user