Rate Dr. Augustine A. Dolcich

Dr. Augustine A. Dolcich's Ratings

I love Dr. Dolcich. He is an amzing doctor and the practice is without a doubt the best run practice I have ever been to. He is an amazing doctor, very knowledgeable, and a wonderful person to boot! I recommend him and Town Center Family Medicine to everyone I know. No one is unhappy with the practice. My older son also sees Dr. Bowers (who is just as great as Dr. Dolcich) and my younger son sees Dr. Ganvert (again another wonderful doctor). You will not be sorry if you go there.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2012 | flag

I agree that Dr. Dolcich is extremely knowledgeable and helpful when doing a diagnosis. But I have found the bedside manner and lack of help on several medical have driven me to find another GP. Without too many details, during a time that I needed very important help on an issue, I was told I would have to find my own help and deal with it on my own. Needless to say, I have found a new GP. Still, as stated above, his skills as a diagnostician are excellent. Too bad about the rest.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

My family and I have been seeing him for 12 years. His genuine concern for his patients and up to date knowledge sets him apart from his collegues. I have recomended my coworkers and friends as well. They all are delighted with him! PCS

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr Dolcich is a great doctor. My husband also see's him. Always has enough time for you, and you don't come out feeling short changed.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2011 | flag

One of the best PCP in Reston. He is very caring and knowledgable. Takes time to explain things. Cares about you as a person. My husband and I have gone to him for over 10 years and have never had any bad experiences. He does sometimes run late, but I think he has improved on this. The staff call with results and send results in the mail as well.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010 | flag

As others have commented, wait time can some time be a little longish, but it's well worth waiting for Dr. Dolcich, as he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and caring, and he takes the time to explain things in detail. He's also honest enough to tell you when he's not sure what the problem is, and, unlike some other doctors, has always been willing to take the time to figure things out.

Submitted July 6, 2010 | flag

During my last visit with Dr Dolcich, I told him the symptoms I had been having off and on for years, but had finally become too much to ignore. He said to me, "I bet you have a wheat allergy". He did the tests, and thats what came back. I have since met people with wheat allergies who went from doctor to doctor for years before being properly diagnosed... When I tell them my story they don't believe it. One person even said, "Who the heck is your doctor? House?" (referencing the TV show). I'm lucky he diagnosed me so quickly.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Dolcich is great. He seems to treat the person not the numbers. He knows the answer to everything I ask, is obviously caring and the kind of person you feel you could tell anything to...He even had his office call to send regards when he heard my father was in the hospital. I love that he explains everything and shows you pictures to be sure you get it. I haven't noticed any longer wait time than other doc offices but he definitely takes time with you once you're in and that is worth any wait.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2010 | flag

Although, he is a nice dr and gives your enough time to diagnose, he also owns the practice. So he overbooks himself. As a result, every time that I go there to visit him, I have to wait hours for him to come to the patient room. Sometimes the wait could be as long as passed 3 hours. He doesn’t think that anyone visiting him has a life also and they need to get back to their routine and do other things in life as well. Even if the adults visiting him have enough patient to wait for him, children can’t wait more than an hour locked up in a room waiting for him to come. That’s totally insane which Dolcich can’t get even after complaining several times. At first I thought maybe something unusual came up and he was late a few times. Three years later, I realized that he had done that every single time that I visited him. I don’t have enough free time to waste waiting for him every time I go. So I have finally switched my dr and no longer go to Dolcich.

Submitted June 7, 2009 | flag

We need more doctors like him. He's great with my boys. He will give you all the time in the world. He's a great listener. He's the type you see on old tv shows that would make house calls & sincerely cares about you & your family.

Submitted June 5, 2009 | flag