Rate Dr. Stephen Springle

Dr. Stephen Springle's Ratings

He doesn't care about his patients at all. He doesn't listen to your problems and just prescribes drugs instead of a test to determine the actual problems. Even if you are specific in which test you want he will deny you until you've taken his drug first and that proves unsuccessful. Better yet he will prescribes something you've already had a year ago and proven to not work. He does not explain anything or help you to understand what may be wrong. He's extremely dismissive and doesn't care to ask you anything above and beyond what you present to him. If 0 was an option on helpfulness then that would have been selected over 1. Oh almost forgot to mention offices hours are apparently open til 5 BUT if u call at 430 they're already closed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I felt that he could not answer my questions and he became very dismissive, curt and insulting. He would not listen and would not refer me to a specialist despite the fact that he has not helped me, he didn't even know what meds I was on, what the last prescription was. I am not someone who frequents the doctor, but this man could use some EQ training, extremely disappointed at how he made me feel, I can only put it down to ego. I will be taking my health to a supportive doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Very disappointed about clear lapses in professional judgements based on his own discrimination. Lets his own ego hinder his patient's access to other professionals with targeted knowledge. Belittles patients and looks down on self advocacy. Luckily he has some healthy patients, some with symptoms he can relate to with his knowledge and others that just won't give up until he makes the referrals they need. Congratulations if you are in the third category! You have certainly overcome a road bump on the road to health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

Dr. Springle has been my family doctor since I was born 25 years ago! I've never had a problem getting an appointment. In fact if I felt I was coming down with something,most often I can call and get an appointment that day or next tops. He is very busy and yes doesn't always remember everything about me; but he's my doctor not my best friend. As far as being a good doctor is concerned I think he does a fabulous job with how many patients he has. I've never had any serious health issues to date so for the most part my visits have simply been yearly physicals and prescription fill up requests. Even then he asks if anything has changed etc. He is EXCELLENT at referring a specialist if he unsure. He is a family doctor not a specialist... he can't be held accountable for everything and that's why specialists exist. Great doctor, and will continue seeing him until he retires or passes on his practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I've been with Dr Springle almost since he began his practice. He's kind and straightforward but he isn't going to hold your hand. I personally don't need that I require answers which if he knows them he gives them and if he doesn't he will send you to someone who does. His staff are amazing, I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes and I always get an appointment when needed. I have a chronic illness that requires a lot of care and he's very understanding. He can be rushed as most drs can but if he wasn't you'd be waiting an eternity for each scheduled appointment. Although he's busy he had no problem taking on my child and at the time boyfriend. I think he's amazing and people expect far too much. He's a professional not your best friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

Was arranged by friend as family physician, to take me on as a patient. Was 1/2 an hour late for the appointment, no personality, no kindness, would not even hear a smallest thing about the health concerns, it turned out to be interview if he even considers me as a patient. I guess, as someone who deals with public all the time and considers professionalism at certain level important, I did not make the cut. I feel that I am on the winig end of the things and really pity people who rather keep quiet and take the indifference of would be professionals, than stand up for what is reasonable. I cannot speak to Dr. Springle's knowledge, since we did not get to a point him treating me. Hope his medical abilities are way better than his people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

Doesn't listen, too quick to prescribe new drugs with little or no explanation. Feel rushed, feel like he doesn't want to speak to me about my concerns. Have had an ongoing issue for months with no resolution.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

The staff are very unorganized. They have mixed up my test results a few times. You have to be proactive or you will not get test results, etc. Always feel very rushed with Dr. Springle. He is very nice, but seems like he is uninterested in you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Springle has been my doctor for 12 years now, he has helped me with alot of questions that i needed an answer to. The thing i dread about coming to this office is the fact that the nurses are rude and not pleasant. Overall he is a good doctor but does have some flaws.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

He makes me feel rushed. If your not informed and initiate questions then there is an uncomfortable silence. Does volunteer any more information than you ask for. Doesn't review test results unless you specifically ask, and when you do I feel it's like it's the first time he's read them himself. He relies on me telling him what pills and doses I'm on.......I would hae thought he should know that. Overall I would rate him as an average Doctor and would only recommend him to the well informed and persitent patient......otherwise you will only get the express treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286330].votes_count ]]