You may also like

Rate Dr. Martin-Yvon Desrosiers

Dr. Martin-Yvon Desrosiers's Ratings

I went to see Dr. Desrosiers for a sphenoiditis. When looking at my scans, he told me I had to undergo a surgery in the next 3 months. He began to fill the papers to put me on the list for the surgery without looking at me, like if he was writing his grocery list. Because I was scared and because I was not expecting a surgery at all, I began to ask him questions (with respect and in a very polite manner) regarding my surgery. After only 2 minutes of questions, he basically kicked me out of his office because he was feeling I did not trust him. I explained him that I trusted him but that it was important for me to understand the risks and procedures. He told me to leave because: 'if you stay, I won't be able to speak to you like a doctor anymore' (these are his words). So, I left his office thinking I was on Mars. I still don't understand what happened in his mind but what I know for sure is that I don't recommend him at all to people who ask questions. Doctors are not Gods and we, as patients, have the right to know the risks and procedures associated with our surgeries, even if it takes more than 2 minutes of their precious time. I had my surgery with another doctor (Dr Tewfik) and he was all I was looking for, Dr Tewfik is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

This doctor saved my life....after having recurrent polyp surgeries...he was the only one that sent me for CT scan.....and found a brain tumor......he referred me to a neuro.....anyways 15 year later I have the utmost respect for him & undoubtedley he is one of the best doctors around.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1286377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

We had a lot of hope going into see this doctor. Unfortunately, he was extremely patronizing and dismissive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

I have no issues with this doctor's competence, however I must agree that he is arrogant and I have now witnessed him speaking to a patient in a disrespectful manner on two separate occasions, simply because they asked him for clarification that somehow rubbed him the wrong way (although their questions seemed perfectly reasonable to me). There is no justification for such poor manners, and it is unfortunate that a healthcare professional would behave this way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

OMG, this is the best apppointment with a doctor i ever had. He and his staff took the time to explain, show me the MRI and discuss what procedure was going to be done on the spot. I have nothing but fantastic review for this doctor. 2 thumbs up!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Une sommité mondiale. Très couru (d'où les retards, compréhensibles). Compétence supérieure. Explications très nettes. Occuper à guérir plutôt qu'à minoucher les patients, d'où peut-être la déception de certains, à qui je souhaite des parents et amis affectueux, car après tout un médecin est un médecin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

He saved my life. Best doctor in his field. He is direct and honest, that is what I need and appreciate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1286372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Arrogant and always late. Moreover his advices are not always crystal clear. After many years with him I still not know exactly why I have so much sinusitis and crhonic headhache. I still not know whether or not I must be operated. I still not know if I must continu my tratments initiated during my participation in a research protocol. To say the least... He is not clear and not so close to his patients' ilnesses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Il m'a diagnostiqué avec une sinusite chronique alors que mon médecin de famille me traitait tout le temps avec des antibio. Avec le traitement qu'il m'a donné, mes symptômes ont disparu en deux semaines de traitement super efficace. Il est excessivement compétent. Le meilleur doc que j'ai jamais eu.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

IL a diagnostiqué mon chordome, alors que 4 de ces prédécesseurs ORL n'ont rien trouvé. Si ce n'était pas de lui, je serais probablement mort ou légume. Il est un grand spécialiste et est très compétent. Je le recommande fortement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1286369].votes_count ]]