Rate Dr. Robert Hemmings

Dr. Robert Hemmings's Ratings

This doctor wasted our time , only to have us go through unnecessary test for generating profit, for a a year and half, always knowing he was not going to do our IVF. I was 40 at that time. When he confirmed that he could not perform our IVF , I was going to turn 42, which was the cut-odff age for Quebec IVF funding..He did not even recommend another clinic or physician. He wasted a critical period in my life. He is a complete waste of time and money. His clinic "Ovo" is limited in what it can offer patients , his clinic lacks necessary equipment , and lastly he lacks compassion. A complete waste of a human being. If you are 40 + and want to get pregnant , don't waste your time , seek another physician. Once you turn 42 we will ignore you and send you on your merry way, without any type of referral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

This doctor is the best hearted doctor you can possibly find. He is serious and caring and after visiting three doctors he was the only one that helped me get to the root of all of my issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

The problem I have with this doctor is that it is very difficult to speak with someone in the office, even to make a simple appointement. There is always a recorded message that greets you each time you call the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1287479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Dr. Hemmings est toujours très professionnel à l'humeur exemplaire, court continuellement afin de faire attendre le moins possible sa clientèle. Très préventif nous nous sentons entre d'excellentes mains. Après mes 20 années avec Dr. Hemmings, c'est le meilleur médecin que j'ai eu la chance de côtoyer. C'est sans hésitation que je le recommande à tous.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1287478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

Amazing bed-side manner. Makes you feel very comfortable about all subjects.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1287477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

We have gone to Dr. Hemmings for over 25 years. The waiting room is a zoo & it's never on time. So accept it & go have a coffee. Marina is great & knowledgeable. Dr. Hemmings is one of the most caring knowledgeable physicians I know. With 2 pregnancies that went into high risk, an emergency c-section, etc., he was there every step of the way with my husband & myself. The first, due to the medication I was on while travelling, could have had severe birth defects. He carefully explained all the risks to us so that we could make an informed decision. Since it was difficult for me to carry a baby to term, we decided to go for it. He stayed at the hospital with us for 19 hours after my water broke & was the only one to do exams. When we lost the baby's heart beat, she was delivered. He examined her & looked at us with tears in his eyes & said "she is perfect". Hopitalized for weeks during both preganacies, he saw me every morning including weekends. Now that's a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1287476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2010

I wish I had never been referred to this doctor for fertility treatments. The wait whether in his office on Leo Parizeau or at OVO shows he has no respect for his patient’s time. I once waited an hour and a half at OVO, a private clinic, and 3 hours at his office on Leo Parizeau. When I finally did see him, the meeting lasted 5 minutes each time. All he ever said was “don’t worry, everything will be fine.” He offered no additional information that would help us understand our test results, gave no advice on what we should do to increase our chances of success in conceiving. Basically, he gave us our prescription and required tests and sent us on our merry way. As well, although he had performed surgery on me, I always had to remind him who I was and my medical history. Definitely the last doctor I would recommend for someone struggling with infertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1287475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Hemmings has been my doctor for many years. I would have to say waiting room time is very bad. It is incredibly difficult also, to call the clinic for an apointment. Line is always busy or recorded message over and over. An entire day has to be taken off work to visit his clinic on Leo Parizeau and he only spends 5 minutes with a patient when it is your turn. He has way too many patients on any given day and, spends only a few minutes with each one. I always feel rushed. There is almost no time for questions and when he does answer them, he is vague and impersonnal. When I began developping ovarian cysts it took him quite some time to detect them mainly because he does NOT spend enough time with his patients at his private clinic. No breast exams if you don't request it and all he does it take samples for pap tests. Going to see him once a year is almost painful, after being his patient for 20 years, I am just a ''number'' to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1287474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

I went to see him for the 2nd opinion at Ovo. Very sad experience. Ovo staff is disorganised. Speaking of Dr Hemmings he is a business man!You feel like ONE OF THOSE ANNOYING WOMAN. If you go to OVO it is up to chance for you to concieve, not to doctors skills and knowledge.No follow up at all.Very chaotic. I paid for test and still was scheduled IUI even though by the test results it was clear it will not work for me. Nobody called to tell me the results and nobody suggested to cancel IUI cycle. It is extra $400 for the clinic. After all Dr Hemming appt took about 3 minites to tell me that my tests were so bad nothing would work for me and basically pushed me out of the office. Funny thing -the stuff called my husband to charge him for the visit! They made it sound like they forgot to pass his card when he came with me for an appt! Trerrible terrible inpersonal service. They make you feel like a looser.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1287473].votes_count ]]