Rate Dr. Frederick P. Cummings

Dr. Frederick P. Cummings's Ratings

Dr Cummings is the greatest doctor I have ever had. He helped me to achieve my VBAC after 3 previous c sections. He has always been punctual, never rushed an appt with me, has an answer for all my questions (and I usually come with a list) and is very kind hearted. I truly believe he does what he does because he cares so much about making women more comfortable about birthing and being able to do it their way. He listens to me when I fear something is wrong and he doesn't brush it off until I'm confident. I believe that without this doctor I would not have gotten the birth I desired. He was on vacation and not due to be back at work for another two days but he came straight to the hospital directly from getting off the plane because he was notified that I was in labor. That is a dedicated, loyal Dr and I'm grateful for him.

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cummings delivered my son (or caught him). When he found out I had an epi he assumed (wrongly) that I would do pit if I didn't progress in 3 hours (I was already at a 6 and had only been in labor for 4 hours), but what really bothered me about that is that he said it in the room with me, but not TO me. Instead he spoke to my nurse like I didn't even exist, and I thought that was very unprofessional and poor bedside manner. It felt very much that because I wasn't having a completely med-free labor that he just assumed things about my wishes that were incorrect and that really disappointed me as he is supposed to be very natural-friendly. It's like if you do one thing, like get an epi, that you must not care about any of it which is not true in my case. I will say that once I got out my birth plan everything changed and there was no more talk of pit! (nothing wrong with that, but not in my plan). Baby came out perfect and so I don't have much to gripe about.

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

If you are not expecting a baby, do not go to this office. I have been a patient of Dr. Cumming's for a long time. He performed a hysterectomy and bladder sling surgery. Now that I am having complications, can't get the nurse to return calls or receptionist to be helpful at all. Office staff is very unprofessional. I was holding for the nurse and was told by his receptionist that "I was tying up her line." Well, now I am tying up Dr. Marc Wilson's line who does not seem to mind at all.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Cummings is quite possibly the most caring & personal OB I've ever seen. And on top of that, he is incredibly educated on both the "medical" ways of handling issues and the "alternative" ways. He is one of the rare doctors that will even consider a vaginal delivery for twin or breech births. Add to that his willingness to allow most women to have a trial of labor for VBACs, and you have a phenomenal OB. He is not an alarmist (he won't immediately induce if your BP is 120/80, for example, as I've literally seen other OBs do), but he takes your concerns very seriously and truly acknowledges & acts upon a mother's intuition. I have NEVER felt rushed by him, in an appointment or in labor, and I appreciate his frankness. In years past, his wife was very ill and was in a treatment facility in another state, causing him to travel frequently for a time, understandably. This is not the case now. His new office staff is wonderful as well. I would highly recommend him - to anyone & everyone.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cummings is an amazing doctor. He took me in my 28th week of pregnancy. I was having boy/girl twins, and they were breech. I was high risk with high blood pressure/pre-ecclampsia. I had these babies vaginally with no complications, all because of Dr. Cummings knowledge and experience. He is the only doctor I know that would even let me try. His bedside manner is just as great. I didn't feel rushed; in fact, I felt he would be there as long as it took for me to have them. He is an awesome doctor and I recommend him to every one who needs his services.

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag

I absolutley love Dr. Cummings! He was my OB-GYN for my first pregnancy in 1999. I was a high risk patient after being in a MVA involving a **** driver. He is a wonderful person & puts his patients happiness over all else. My twin boys were born at 28 weeks & are currently happy healthy 12 year olds. I went back to Dr,. Cummings in 2004 after being told by another doctor that I had miscarried. After explaining to Dr. Cummings I still felt pregnate he saw me as a walk-in emergency. I gave birth to a healthy baby 10/22/2004! Know that I can't carry a child to term I became pregnate in 2010 with my 4th son of course I went back to Dr. Cummings. This was by far my hardest pregnancy & Dr. Cummings was there every step of the way! In an attempt to have me carry this child to term Dr. Cummings lost to the will of this son wanting to be a preemie like his older brothers......lol. I love this man & I know without him & God I would not be a mother today!

Submitted Feb. 14, 2012 | flag

Horrible doctor. My baby almost died because of his negligence. People go to him for a non-intervention birth. Problem is, if you have ANY problems at all, even a simple UTI, he will not handle it. He goes out of town constantly and is rarely on call. For me, I was planning a vbac. But, instead of going in to labor, when I was past due, I was having excrutiating pain through my abdomin in the area of my csect scar. He just called in false labor and despite my begging, would not look further. I was in such extreme pain that I could not walk or function during the pain. His answer was just that "false labor can hurt" and "this is why men don't have babies." My husband and I ended up having to go to a different hospital and taking whatever oncall doctor. Thank God we did, as my uterus was giving way. The csect was performed very quickly and my little girl was saved. We almost lost her because of Dr Cummings refusal to do his job.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

I am ecstatic about Dr. Cummings. He took me on in my 38th week of pregnancy after we discovered our daughter was breech. He was incredibly supportive and kind and his skills are ASTONISHING. I would highly recommend Dr. Cummings to anyone. My hero!

Submitted May 19, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Cummings for 10 years and through 4 deliveries and I LOVE HIM! I have nothing but great things to say about him. I feel that I can talk to him about anything and I never feel rushed. But as much as I would recommend him as a doctor, I admit that his office staff is frustrating. I had to request paperwork 3 times for my medical leave from work (which caused me to miss a paycheck), I drove 30 miles one day to be told that I didn't have an appointment (while I am olding the app card that the receptionist gave me), payments that were made but not creditied to my account, and they are generally unprofessional. Having said all that, he is worth dealing with it to have a dr that I trust.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag

I have had three children with Dr. Cummings and my oldest daughter now sees him. He is very nice has a good sense of humor and is very calm. He always has the intelligence needed for every situation and is willing to consider alternative herbs and vitamins and exercize as treatment plan.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag