Rate Dr. Joseph P. Zitar

Dr. Joseph P. Zitar's Ratings

We had that problem too. We were asked to schedule an appointment in 3 mos. then the office girl told us she could not schedule that far ahead and told us to call about a month before to schedule an appointment. I have never been to an office where they could not schedule your next appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Worst office staff completely unhelpful could not schedule an appointment unable to answer any questions have never seen such a disorganized group as for dr. Zitar who knows even though this is supposed to be his office I have never seen him there

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Zitar is not the same doctor he used to be. I went in to get his opinion on the nature of some ongoing pain in my hip and shoulder sockets. He entered the room, examined my range of motion, checked for a couple tell-tail signs of major tissue damage, suggested PT, shook my hand, then left the room so fast that I was left dumbfounded wondering what had just happened. With no understanding of any sort of potential causes of the pain, and ZERO discussion regarding the pertinence of my daily activity/lifestyle, I left the office no better off, and clueless. Interestingly, when I called the office to schedule an appt for my high bp, I was informed 6 days later than Dr. Zitar had 'discharged' me from the practice with no rhyme or reason, despite my multiple inquiries. As a premed student and having shadowed/worked with numerous doctors and surgeons alike, Dr. Zitar, unfortunately, simply isn't the doctor he used to be. I sincerely suggest you spend your time and money elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Dr. Zitar has left his practice and returned to working as a Hospitalist. This is a tremendous loss for all of us that were his patient and benefited from his outstanding care and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr Zitar is amazing, coming from admitted to an emergency room on five different occasions, and the ER doctor eventually referring Dr. Zitar to me! I have been his patient for over 2 years now, and he is unbelievably caring, compasionate, and sensitive beyond belief. His demeanor is sincere, and he will work to help you in any way that he can. He is not, however an enabler, nor will he write you a script just because you think you need it. He is the real & actual doctor and he takes his job very seriously. If you are looking for someone who will share in your ability to maintain good health, and support best habits (based on his professional direction) - you will not be sorry that you tried Dr. Zitar. Superior above anyone I have ever been too in the 17 years I have been in Arizona! Best of luck.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

My mother came to see Dr. Zitar recently in hopes to find a doctor that would take the time to help her with her severe pain and migraines. Due to my mother expressing she has explored some natural medicine in addition to the convential Dr. Zitar very hatefully got up and walked out of the room stating he could help my mother. I would like to remind this doctor She was not looking for a cure for her pain. She was looking for a doctor to help her in his expertise and with a little compassion. I am not sure if Zitar forgot the motto of do thy patient no harm.To take it a step further I called to speak to the office manager and was told very casually that some patients and doctors don't see eye to eye. I would like to know how that can be determined when he didn't even spend enough time with my mom to determine if he could help her. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I am disgusted at the body language and actions of this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2009

Personable, professional, caring, great listening skills, one of the best doctors I have ever seen. I feel confindent in the health care I receive there and my entire family sees Dr. Zitar.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2008

Office staff is exceptional. I was seen at the time of my appointment with no more than a 5 minute wait after being in the exam room. Dr. Zitar listens, provides solutions, and informed me of my options; very friendly and patient oriented; did not appear hurried during our visit; up to date on information pertaining to my concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family or friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2008

I went to Dr. Zitar as a new patient about a month ago. I was extremely pleased with the service I was provided. As a healthcare professional myself, I am all too familiar with how hard it is to find a doctor who actually listens and cares and isn't just out to see as many patients as possible to keep those $$$ coming in. He was not like that at all. He actually took the initiative to solve my problem instead of just trying to cover it up. I would highly recommend this doctor. I'll never go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

Took very good care of me when I was deathly ill. Nursed me back to health, checked very carefully medicines he prescribed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1288430].votes_count ]]