Dr. Sue Stock

Rate Dr. Sue Stock

Dr. Sue Stock's Ratings

Wonderful lady, very humane oriented rather than policy oriented. She saved my son. Best of wishes to her and wish to see more people like her in the medica industry.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Stock approaches Type 1 diabetic teens in an inappropriate manner. Both the staff and herself approach the type 1 patient in a suspicious and condescending way. Other co-existing medical conditions are not considered and there is an assumption that the parent is negligent if the type 1 diabetic is not attaining the desired HgbA1C levels. She will call the police on parents and will claim that the parent is negligent. Other factors for not attaining good blood sugars, like Attention Deficit disorder, depression etc. are not even entertained. As a parent and medical professional, I have to say, that I think that it is sad that this is the level of so called "care" that she is able to muster. My child and other teens (many of them), say the same thing of Dr. Stock. She may be ok for little kids, but run when your child becomes a teen. Such a lack of ability. Shameful.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Stock has followed our daughter with type 1 diabetes for over 10 years. She is always available and responsive. She is not judgmental or negative but constructive. Her traits this way have facilitated our continued attendance at clinics and appointments even during challenging teenage years. I feel very blessed to have had Dr. Stock as our endocrinologist.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Stock renewed my faith in Dr.s she was extremely helpful, with a very caring manner. My daughter really liked her.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

Very kind and caring doctor for my daughter with hypothyroidism. I would fully recommend her. The only reason the clinic might be running late is because she cares so much for each and every patient giving them her full attention.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2012 | flag

Dr.Stock was the WORST endo I've ever been in contact with in my entire life. I'm 16 and was diagnosed at 14 and I didn't happen to be one of those kids that automatically jumped on working with their diabetes. In about 2 months after I was diagnosed I moved to BC from Manitoba so not only did I receive stress from moving and having to start my highschool life alone, I had to deal with this new condition and I felt that Dr. Stock was extremely inconsiderate when it came to that aspect. I felt that all she ever did was yell at me and threaten me to send me to hospital which she did... ON MY BIRTHDAY for no reason and the nurses that were looking after me had NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING. There was a point where I had made dramatic improvments but instead of cheering me on she just told me it wasn't good enough and threatened to send me to hospital again. Also I usually had to wait over an hour to see her which was frustrating because I usually ended up spending 3+ hours in her office.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2012 | flag

The specialist service Dr. Stock gave to my daughter was good in general. I would have to say the organization of appointments with Dr. Stock's appointments with her Nanaimo clinic needs improvement. I had an appointment changed to an earlier day with one hour's notice and could not attend the appointment with my daughter, though my daughter was taken by another family member to the appointment.

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag

Dr. Stock is awesome! She is amazing with teens with diabetes.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

Dr Stock is very kinda and spends time with you and go over everything.Plus I love the fact she comes to Victoria so we don't have to take the ferry.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Sue STOCK is an excellent doctor that I have seen in Vancouver. She cares all her patients very professionally.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2011 | flag