Rate Dr. M. Matyas

Dr. M. Matyas's Ratings

I deal with doctors on a daily basis working for a family doctor. I knew that dr Matayas was the best in ottawa and asked to be referred to him. I have had problems with both my ears since I was a child and now I had such a severe infection and because my ear drums have so much scar tissue it burst trough the ear drum leaving me with about a quarter I it missing. He had no problem doing the surgery listened to my concerned and with in 5 months had my surgery. While in the hospital he was sweet and put me at ease even with my anexity attacks. My sister had sergery as well early this year and she had nothing but great things to say about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I read the ratings from other patients and was quite worried about meeting him but I find him nice, patient, polite and knowledgeable. I also saw how he interacts with kids and he is patient and nice with them unlike what the other reviews said. I would recommend him. Also the wait time was maybe 30 minutes after my appointment time which is normal and the admin staff was pleasant and funny.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr. Matyas is a wonderful, knowledgeable, and patient doctor. I have been suffering from chronic rhinisinusitis for a long time and Dr.Matyas was able to help me out immensely. One of the only doctors I have seen who is ALWAYS on time. Dr. Matyas changed my life forever. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2014

AKA "mr personality". He did my child's tonsils. Our initial visit he appeared very arrogant, refusing to listen to our questions. An hour meeting was a one sided conversation. Date of surgery, at cheo , Matyas didn't introduce himself, the anesteologist explained the entire procedure while Matyas was mute. He really needs to take a long hard look at himself if he is going to continue working with children and parents. Hindsight, I would has seemed a different ENT. I cannot comment on his competency, his mannerisms and social skills alone is enough to deter me. Please consider your option when seeking an EMT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2014

During a car accident, the side curtain airbag deployed and caused damage to my left ear to the point where sounds more than a few feet away are muffled and garbled. After a hearing test, performed by someone else, I was sent to a different room where Dr. Matyas entered the room, put on rubber gloves and immediately took them off and threw them in the garbage. He said he felt there was previous hearing loss in my left ear and told me there was nothing he could do for me. I explained that I had no hearing issues in my left ear prior to the accident and again he assumed there was previous hearing loss. He told me that I should be able to get by with the assistance of my right ear and might consider a hearing aid. He then offered the following advice "Next time you are in an accident, make sure the window is down." and then dismissed me. All of this without asking me a single question or examining my ear. My appointment with Dr. Matyas was less than five minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Had to cancel an appointment because of work committments. Gave 24 hours notice but the office policy is that they require 48 hours notice. Since this was my first appointment and as I was referred to Dr Matyas by my family doctor I did not know this. Besides, the work committment just came up yesterday so what was I to do? Anyway, they offered to rebook me but I would have to pay $50. Are you kidding??!! Do none of their patients work for a living that they always know what is happening in their lives 48 hours in advance? If I were a problem patient who always cancelled at the last minute I would understand the tough love, but they don't know me and I was giving 24 hours notice. This is an unfair policy. I refused the rebook and will be asking my doctor to refer me to another ENT. To be fair, I had to give a rating on the Dr's punctuality and knowledge, which I really can't judge as he did not see me so please disregard those ratings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2012

I only saw this doctor once and it was extremely disappointing! No bedside manners, uncaring and he doesn't seem to be interested in the patients problem. Impatient when I could not tolerate his treatment and then being dismissive. After seeing him, I had a terrible earache and when I saw another doctor the next day she could not confirm his diagnosis. Needless to say that I will not go back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

Dr. Matyas was both knowledgeable and competent. After having vertigo for over a year, he was able to cure me with just one visit. Thank God for Dr. Matyas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Matyas for my ear problems for 10 years now, and have always found him friendly, caring, and knowledgable. I find him to have an excellent rapport. I have to say, in the past, the front staff were not the greatest, however the receptionist (Maggie) they have now is wonderful. She goes out of her way to make each patient feel comfortable, and important. Yes, there can be a wait, as he takes his time with patients, and often performs minor procedures immediately, instead of them having to come back. I appreciate the times he has been able to fix me up immediately, so I understand having to wait sometimes for other patients to have the same courtesty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

Dr. Matyas was very helpful to my 4-year-old daughter in removing her tonsils and adenoids. Dr. Matyas was informative and explained every step of the procedure in the appointments before and then immediately after the operation. He also was available by phone during my daughter's recovery at home when we had a few questions. We are very grateful to him and his knowledge and skill. He said her case was memorable as both tonsils were infected on the back side yet no one knew beforehand. I am glad my daughter had the surgery and was under Dr. Matyas' excellent care. His staff are professional and competent. There is a wait time of 30 minutes per appointment but that is like most doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290081].votes_count ]]