You may also like

Rate Dr. M. Matyas

Dr. M. Matyas's Ratings

I was extremely disappointed with this doc. He was very arrogant and treats you like a textbook science experiment. My family doctor had sent me for a CT scan after daily migraines began worsening, which seemed to be coming from issues with my allergies and sinuses. After being diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and severe thickening of my sinus walls, my family doc put me on three weeks of antibiotics. When I told 'Dr. No Personality' that, he said, 'I don't know why your doctor would even bother. I could walk out on the street and find 60% of the people I talk to with the same issue and THEY aren't complaining.' When I asked him a question about why sometimes I hear echoing in my ear and lose hearing, he said, 'you'll have to get a hearing test. I don't deal with ears.' Strange thing, seeing how he is qualified as an EAR, nose, throat doctor. He stuck his camera up my nose with no warning, and when I almost fainted, he had no sympathy and seemed to try and rush me out of his office as if he didn't know what to do with me. Terrible doctor - no bedside manners or respect for his patients. Is always way behind and I don't know why because he tries to rush you out of his office as fast as possible. Would rather be put on a waiting list that is 10 times as long as his just to not have to see him again. The only good thing is the staff there were kind.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2708211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I never leave reviews but wanted to take a few minutes to leave one for Dr. Matyas. I have been having mild hearing loss and the cause is unclear. He was thorough, extremely competent and most compassionate. I mentioned some worry about my head/brain and he referred me for an MRI mostly to reassure me and to ensure a thorough assessment. He was not dismissive like most physicians and even called himself to reassure me of the findings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Was not impressed by this doctor! Been waiting a very long time to get this appointment and it was a total disappointment. He didn't ask many questions, he barely did an exams and in the end he left me with nothing after being ill for over 5 months! ZERO answers from him. Instead he just said it was all in my head basically, and it's not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

I had my suspicions when I walked into his office that he would not be good with kids. Clearly he specializes in hearing issues and sells a lot of hearing aids and products. Rest of waiting room was full of much more mature patients than my 5 year old. He got that restaurant hostess look in his eye when he saw a young child coming his way. You know - the oh great, noise mess and crappy tip look - that families can get. Kids are definitely not his thing. Mine is one tough cookie but whatever he was doing was clearly excruciatingly painful to her. He ignored child's screams of pain and dismissed my requests to pause a moment. Felt as if we were a major inconvenience to him and he did not have the time or patience to manage a child through an upsetting and painful procedure. Won't be back even though it means another 5 month wait to have the other ear finally fixed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

I deal with doctors on a daily basis working for a family doctor. I knew that dr Matayas was the best in ottawa and asked to be referred to him. I have had problems with both my ears since I was a child and now I had such a severe infection and because my ear drums have so much scar tissue it burst trough the ear drum leaving me with about a quarter I it missing. He had no problem doing the surgery listened to my concerned and with in 5 months had my surgery. While in the hospital he was sweet and put me at ease even with my anexity attacks. My sister had sergery as well early this year and she had nothing but great things to say about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I read the ratings from other patients and was quite worried about meeting him but I find him nice, patient, polite and knowledgeable. I also saw how he interacts with kids and he is patient and nice with them unlike what the other reviews said. I would recommend him. Also the wait time was maybe 30 minutes after my appointment time which is normal and the admin staff was pleasant and funny.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr. Matyas is a wonderful, knowledgeable, and patient doctor. I have been suffering from chronic rhinisinusitis for a long time and Dr.Matyas was able to help me out immensely. One of the only doctors I have seen who is ALWAYS on time. Dr. Matyas changed my life forever. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2014

AKA "mr personality". He did my child's tonsils. Our initial visit he appeared very arrogant, refusing to listen to our questions. An hour meeting was a one sided conversation. Date of surgery, at cheo , Matyas didn't introduce himself, the anesteologist explained the entire procedure while Matyas was mute. He really needs to take a long hard look at himself if he is going to continue working with children and parents. Hindsight, I would has seemed a different ENT. I cannot comment on his competency, his mannerisms and social skills alone is enough to deter me. Please consider your option when seeking an EMT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2014

During a car accident, the side curtain airbag deployed and caused damage to my left ear to the point where sounds more than a few feet away are muffled and garbled. After a hearing test, performed by someone else, I was sent to a different room where Dr. Matyas entered the room, put on rubber gloves and immediately took them off and threw them in the garbage. He said he felt there was previous hearing loss in my left ear and told me there was nothing he could do for me. I explained that I had no hearing issues in my left ear prior to the accident and again he assumed there was previous hearing loss. He told me that I should be able to get by with the assistance of my right ear and might consider a hearing aid. He then offered the following advice "Next time you are in an accident, make sure the window is down." and then dismissed me. All of this without asking me a single question or examining my ear. My appointment with Dr. Matyas was less than five minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Had to cancel an appointment because of work committments. Gave 24 hours notice but the office policy is that they require 48 hours notice. Since this was my first appointment and as I was referred to Dr Matyas by my family doctor I did not know this. Besides, the work committment just came up yesterday so what was I to do? Anyway, they offered to rebook me but I would have to pay $50. Are you kidding??!! Do none of their patients work for a living that they always know what is happening in their lives 48 hours in advance? If I were a problem patient who always cancelled at the last minute I would understand the tough love, but they don't know me and I was giving 24 hours notice. This is an unfair policy. I refused the rebook and will be asking my doctor to refer me to another ENT. To be fair, I had to give a rating on the Dr's punctuality and knowledge, which I really can't judge as he did not see me so please disregard those ratings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290085].votes_count ]]