Rate Dr. Douglas Coleman

Dr. Douglas Coleman's Ratings

Dr. Coleman is one of the most caring doctors you could hope to meet. Although his honesty sometimes stings, it will save your life. I know, because it saved mine!

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

I just passed my fifteen year anniversary of being sober and I am now online trying to find Dr.Coleman's address so I can send him a thank you card for all his help. I'm not surprised at how many people here dislike him. He is not in practice to hold your hand and give you sympathy. He is fighting addiction and he can sense b.s. a mile away. When I was in early recovery I went to his office in an extremely angry state. I was angry and indignant that I had taken back my wife and she had screwed around on me again. I thought Coleman would understand how I felt and at least empathize with someone who was going through a tough time. Instead he heard my whiny spiel, said "Your attitude is terrible and you are on the road to relapse" and walked out. I was amazed. I cursed him internally for about fifteen minutes, half the way home, until I realized....he's right. And if I don't let go of this, I'll be **** soon. Thank you for truth instead of sympathy Doug. Sympathy kills ****s! Herb S.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

i wrote this and want to thank dr. coleman and his staff for assisting in my continuing recovery.thinking what for all the problems of the world? they are for thinking how to save all? they are for thinking the mind is a beautiful thing they are for thinking beautiful thoughts - save the world they are for thinking who are you in this place? they are for thinking every thing you say or do they are for thinking feeling sorrow about the ones who left you behind they are for thinking loss and hardship they are for thinking and then a thought about peace they did not think and peace fills the heart they did not think a moment to rest they are not thinking THERESA WALKER

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon this web site. If my comments disuade just 1 person from seeing this guy I will have performed a valuable service. The naysayers herein have pretty much said it all. Just read every negative comment-that is Dr. Coleman in a nutshell. The words that come to my mind most strongly are: arrogant, beyond-rude, argumentative, my way/highway, unprofessional, unscholled, ego issues, low EI & perhaps emotionally suspect. I'm seriously considering a formal complaint with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons as I believe disciplinary action may be warranted. This man is not fit to practise medicine in my view. Of further significance is the fact he is not certified by the "Canadian Society Of Addiction Medicine" unlike several addiction doctors in the greater Vancouver area. Please don't give up. There are good professionals out there who'll treat you with kindness, dignity and respect. Search online, call "Fraser Health". HELP'S THERE, FIND IT!

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Coleman is the most unprofessional Dr I have ever meet. He is Rude, very arrogant, and makes it clear not to ask any questions but to only sit and answer questions that he asks. Just make sure you answer correctly. He has a habit of kicking people out if they say something he doesn't like. I found this out yesterday when he over heard me speaking to his office staff regarding a question I was asked about some short term disability forms I desperately needed to have sent so I could continue receiving disability payments in order to get the treatment I so desperately need. He told me to leave his office, to never make another appointment and to never come back. I felt so mistreated and left his office crying. He has no empathy, respect or regard for the welfare or feelings of his patients. A person in his position should never get away with treating a patent like this. I was only In need of help. He should not get away with that kind of behavior to me or anyone.

Submitted June 12, 2011 | flag

In 1995, my first impression of Dr. Coleman was not a very positive one. At each session, he made me feel so badly about myself, that I just wanted to "use" more than I had prior to the visits. However, after a long absense from his care, it seems that there is a definite improvement in his behaviour; his demeanor has changed completely. He is now showing some empathy toward me and my constant relapses. I now feel as though I am empowered in fighting this disease. Thanks, Dr. C; I didn't give up on you. Although I must say that these same years have not been kind to your receptionist. She is still cold, unprofessional, and must be a truly sad woman deep inside.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

This man helped me save myself from the brink. I found him direct but warm and professional. Although he is a big supporter of AA and the 12 Step approach, he respected my choice not to make use of this methodology. I would recommend him highly if you are really wanting to get clean, follow his recommendations and work really hard. Dr. Coleman is an addicitions physician, not a therapist. If you want warm fuzzies, get that elsewhere. He is a no nonsens-been there-seen that kind of guy & that kind of doctor.

Submitted March 14, 2011 | flag

Would stay away from this doctor. Not a very nice man. His receptionist was very unfriendly. The whole experience left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2010 | flag

Dr. Coleman is ana mzing doctor and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He promprlty returend our phone calls and could have been more caring or knowledgeable.His receptionist however needs to learn how to smile and not make you feel like you are the scum of the earth. Very unfriendly woman!

Submitted July 4, 2010 | flag

I found him to be very arrogant. He did not like to be questioned. His way or the highway. Unknowledgeable as to the correct procedure to get people off of benzos.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2010 | flag