Rate Dr. Andrew Maitland

Dr. Andrew Maitland's Ratings

Dr. Maitland is an exceptional surgeon. He repaired my heart valve using a relatively new, less invasive procedure, and I now feel wonderful. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to him for my surgery. Without exaggeration, his incredible skill has extended my life and given me back my quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Talented as hell. I am seeing him for after-care from aortic surgery 16 years past. He knew my surgeon and knew my procedure intimately, having done thousands himself. This is a busy man, but he took time to talk, explain and get everything right. I am not sure why people think doctors are there to cuddle, they are there to fix things, sometimes after people having abused their body terribly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Ok, so heres the scoop on Dr.Maitland. Hes a cardiac genius. If you want the best, you found him. My scar is beautiful and my aortic valve has been repaired. I am very grateful. His assistant Kendra is very helpful and responds quickly. Now for the downside, hes a complete Jerk. My first meeting went very well, and I rather enjoyed his blunt straight forward nature. However, after surgery, he told me that if I wanted to go home then I should suck it up. I was having extreme muscular pain, and he couldnt care at all. In fact , I dont think he cares for his patients afterwards at all. We will see how he is at our first post op meeting. People say he lacks bedside manner, in my opinion, he doesnt have one at all. So with that said, my heart matters more the my feelins so I am grateful for his talented hands. But this man could learn some compassion, heaven forbid if it were him with the medical issues....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2012

Dr. Maitland repaired my mitral valve and during surgery found a pinhole leak in my heart chamber. He repaired both successfully. When he came out of surgery to tell my wife, she said he's going to get a big hug. He frowned and said he doesn't do hugs. She said too bad and hugged the hell out of him. He smiled. So he does care, and deeply about his patients. Dr. Maitland probably would not be the most outwardly happy/smiley/personally engaging Dr. in Calgary but he is the most skilled cardiac surgeon you can find. My cardiologist said he's the guy to use if she wanted the most skilled doctor to work on her family, but don't get all caught up over the personality thing. We didn't, and have the greatest respect for this outstanding Dr. If you want the best, and can get him, you won't be sorry. Three cheers for Dr. Andrew Maitland!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

We heard great things about Dr. M when he did a mitral and tricuspid valve replacement on my 70 yr old father. Our confidence changed after the surgery when we stopped him to ask him questions in ICU, his reply was that he cuts and that is it, and walked away. It wasn't until my father died a month later that we decided to ask questions as to who was leading his care. Lo and behold it was Dr. M! We had no idea cause we were never told,nor did he visit my dad,not even once in the month's time since the surgery. He totally dropped the ball! Then I encountered him again when my infant son was scheduled for a PDA ligation at the Foot NICU. My baby was drugged, and intubated and was almost anestetized when Dr. Maitland came flying in saying that the baby was too big, his tools were too small, and that he needed to go to Edmonton. I was furious that he obviously didn't bother to look at his chart to see his weight, I was more than elated that my son was not getting operated on by him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Dr. Maitland replaced my husbands mitral valve and aortic valve and also did a bypass. He did a wonderful job- had to go back in to investigate the problem of clotting the next day - He was kind and business like and answered any and all our questions. He really gave my 77 year old husband who was in good physical shape, a new life. I know it is not usual for this major surgery at this age. I felt absolute confidence in him and would recommend him to everyone. Thankyou Dr. Maitland for giving our family the greatest gift possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I want to thank Dr Maitland for fixing my husband up as well as he did. we didn't expect to find out that he had a whole in his heart. But Dr Maitland sewed that up and just fixed his Valve and he is coming around nicely. So thank you very much for bringing back my husband to us in one piece and healthy again. We know why you got alot of excellent ratings and I am grateful for that and the staff that helped assist byou on the operation Thanks to All. I give a Shout out to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

Dr Maitland ....you are wonderful...you saved my husbands life.....how can we ever thank you...........Rita Etherington...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

The best. If you want your surgery done right and don't care about smiles and hugs, try to get dr. Maitland.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1290331].votes_count ]]