Rate Dr. Peter Seviour

Dr. Peter Seviour's Ratings

What a wonderful man. Takes care of my parents, and now me and the kids. I always find he sits and listens, and is genuinely interested in all our health. Very glad to have found him.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I had to find a new doctor. Dr. Seviour is always in a rush, pretty much finishes your sentences and pushes you out the door. He only cares about his cosmetic procedure $$, not so much about the patients. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when he read my bloodwork results and accused me of drinking the night before the test. I was not drinking (I'm SA), and later tests (ordered by my new doctor) discovered that in fact I had a liver infection. Dr. Seviour did not do any follow-up to find out why my liver function was off, and if I had stayed with him, who knows what would have happened.

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

Needed two prescriptions to treat a medical concern (not narcotics, barbiturates, etc), Dr. Seviour wound only prescribe one (the only for treatment of symptoms, not the one that actually cures the concern). When my Pharmacist (who agreed that both were needed) contacted him, his response was that he would only give the one "At this time". Not the first time he has screwed up my dosages, but the first time he refuses to admit his mistake. When I brought this up with his receptionist (who was familiar with the situation), I threatened to go to another Doctor (again, this doesn't involve Narcotics, Barbiturates, etc.) and she seemed to agree that I should. I've already complained to the college of physicians, and they didn't seem to care one way or the other. I realize that we're short on family doctors here, but if he doesn't want to treat patients properly, he should go sell shoes for a living.

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

Doctor Seviour is NOT RECOMMENDED by me. Unprofessional, arrogant, and extremely poor customer service from his staff. Doctor Seviour himself is simply interested in pumping people in and out and collecting the payments. The reason I say this; I had to go back a third time to his office after he said he gave 6 month refills on my NON NARCOTIC medication (for reflux disease). Pharmacy did not have the prescription on file so I had to visit the doctors office AGAIN and tried to explain that for the third time the prescription was not there. They could not care less at all. They were uncooperative and clearly did not care about my situation. I understand policies but what prompted me to put this negative review is their assumption I WAS LOOKING FOR NARCOTICS!!! When I called them back they hung up!!!! unbelievable.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

Dr Seviour literally saved my life, and it all started with- you don`t look right!Can`t tell you how appreciative I am that he took the time to truly figure out what was wrong with me. Excellent bedside manner,very thorough, great doctor

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

A good doctor in terms of wait times, probably because he rushes through, twice walked out the door while I was still talking. Doesn't look very hard for trends in lab results, quick to write up a script without listening to full story. A bit stand offish if authority or knowledge is questioned or second opinion is sought. Good with kids however. Staff are excellent.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

A great family doctor; we have been patients of Dr. Seviour since we moved to NL 3 years ago. He is excellent with children, very easy to speak to, is understanding and professional. The staff are very friendly and courteous and do their best to get you in on short notice. Whether our appointments are for new problems or regular checkups, Dr. Seviour is always thorough and knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr. Seviour to anyone.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Read the reviews and had to comment. Dr Seviour has been our family doctor for 5 years, and he has been great. He makes sure he can fit people in, and is always friendly and helpful. He tells it like it is, but in my opinion that is best. My boys have no problem going to the doctor now, and he can always make them smile even when they`re sick

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

Staff very rude...could hear them talking about other patients. Dr. Seviour makes u pay services that are offer for free at most Drs. Only in for the money Doesn't even close the door...offices are small and very dirty.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2012 | flag

Currently looking for a new doctor as found service lacking. Been in pain for about a year and all I get is the same useless pills that don't resolve the issue.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag