Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

5 1 4.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

Dr. Deborah O'Keefe's Ratings

All of you are so lucky to even be seen by her. Dr.Okeefe saw me once and that was just for an appt to assess me and schedule an MRI. After I did the MRI my pain specialist told me to make a follow up appt to discuss my results. Well I called and called left messages never returned her office wS closed for an entire summer and when I finally got threw to a person not a machine I was told Dr.O doesn't do follow ups now what doctor in their right mind doesn't do follow ups isn't that the hole point on taking on new people.. Even my pain specialist triedcontacting her amd nothing not even so mucj as a call back. So in my opinion I would find someone else do not go see Dr O'Keefe its a waist of your time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Genuine caring doctor, who took the time to do a full assessment and listen to my issues. I am so glad I was referred to her, my meeting with her was life changing and I hope I can follow her excellent advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

She is direct and expects the patient to be an active partipant in their own care. I see some people who rated her are suck holes so this is not the doc for them. I always take her advice and am grateful she is my doctor. She listens and runs tests to make sure I'm doing well. I respect her. Her staff is wonderful and I was sad to see Caroline retire. I'm a professional and she has never been condescending to me. She's is awesome and VERY direct. She has patients who fly in from down East twice a year to see her. That says a lot.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

A wonderful caring and very thorough Doctor. She tells it like it is in a compassionate way. She did not rush and from interaction I witnessed with other patients, she takes an interest in their emotional well being as well as their physical well being. She is a gem in the medical system.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1291884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. O's for over 15 years. From diagnosis to care, she has been not only an amazing Dr. but a compationate friend (telling me to call her ANY time if things didn't feel right). Thanks Dr. O for being such a great Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Very smart doctor, extremely good at communicating with family doctor, can be fast and short but she is very busy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe's for quite a few years. She is very knowledgeable and my condition has certainly improved. However, I would recommend getting an early in the day appointment as the last few times I went after lunch, I found her to be testy and impatient and yes...rude.Maybe she just gets tired of the same old, same old.But for someone who suffers from RA, pain is scary and demoralising.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1291881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe for 6 years and I have found her extremely knowledgeable and she doesn't rush through your exam. She leaves no stone unturned. While she is very business-like it doesn't mean she doesn't care. I didn't want a doctor to hold my hand but to help me through my disease. She has done this in spades and I applaud her. Don't understand negative comments by others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Always very rushed....too many appointments in one day. Quick answers, not a lot of time to think/ask further. Very thorough with tests/ blood work/ booking exams (x-rays, scans etc).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2010

Dr. O is knowledgeable about traditional RA meds, but not about anything remotely holistic. When I broached the subject of maybe someday reducing my meds or trying an alternative that was less damaging, she threatened to 'fire me'. That tone has been the same for each of 3 visits. So on my own, I have changed my diet and added holistic supplements that have put me in remission. I am now off all meds and feel great. Dr. O's view is always 'my way or the highway' so when I see her next I expect to be dumped for healing my condition on my own. That is unfortunate, because I would like to have her as a safety net. I respect her knowledge and professionalism, but I always feel anxious for weeks before a visit because I know she will give me a hard time.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1291878].votes_count ]]