Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

Rate Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

Dr. Deborah O'Keefe's Ratings

She is direct and expects the patient to be an active partipant in their own care. I see some people who rated her are suck holes so this is not the doc for them. I always take her advice and am grateful she is my doctor. She listens and runs tests to make sure I'm doing well. I respect her. Her staff is wonderful and I was sad to see Caroline retire. I'm a professional and she has never been condescending to me. She's is awesome and VERY direct. She has patients who fly in from down East twice a year to see her. That says a lot.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2012 | flag

A wonderful caring and very thorough Doctor. She tells it like it is in a compassionate way. She did not rush and from interaction I witnessed with other patients, she takes an interest in their emotional well being as well as their physical well being. She is a gem in the medical system.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. O's for over 15 years. From diagnosis to care, she has been not only an amazing Dr. but a compationate friend (telling me to call her ANY time if things didn't feel right). Thanks Dr. O for being such a great Dr.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

Very smart doctor, extremely good at communicating with family doctor, can be fast and short but she is very busy.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe's for quite a few years. She is very knowledgeable and my condition has certainly improved. However, I would recommend getting an early in the day appointment as the last few times I went after lunch, I found her to be testy and impatient and yes...rude.Maybe she just gets tired of the same old, same old.But for someone who suffers from RA, pain is scary and demoralising.

Submitted June 11, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe for 6 years and I have found her extremely knowledgeable and she doesn't rush through your exam. She leaves no stone unturned. While she is very business-like it doesn't mean she doesn't care. I didn't want a doctor to hold my hand but to help me through my disease. She has done this in spades and I applaud her. Don't understand negative comments by others.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

Always very rushed....too many appointments in one day. Quick answers, not a lot of time to think/ask further. Very thorough with tests/ blood work/ booking exams (x-rays, scans etc).

Submitted Nov. 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. O is knowledgeable about traditional RA meds, but not about anything remotely holistic. When I broached the subject of maybe someday reducing my meds or trying an alternative that was less damaging, she threatened to 'fire me'. That tone has been the same for each of 3 visits. So on my own, I have changed my diet and added holistic supplements that have put me in remission. I am now off all meds and feel great. Dr. O's view is always 'my way or the highway' so when I see her next I expect to be dumped for healing my condition on my own. That is unfortunate, because I would like to have her as a safety net. I respect her knowledge and professionalism, but I always feel anxious for weeks before a visit because I know she will give me a hard time.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag

I was a patient of of Dr. O's for a long time; she was extremely patient and didn't leave a stone unturned. I don't see where some of you say she was rude and had a big ego...just because she is confident in her abilities does not mean she is full of herself. If you are honest with her she is honest with you. she is one of the best we got and we should all be thankful for her.

Submitted July 21, 2010 | flag

Let me start by saying I am a decent, responsible & gainfully employed professional with a solid family life. I want nothing more than to be healthy. I was referred to see Dr.Ego, Dr. Bully, Dr. Unprofessional, I mean Dr.O'keefe. Do not waste your time, see someone who actually cares about your health. I waited 8 months for my first visit, with all hopes in tact. I fired her after giving her the benefit of doubt for 1 year, not only did she not help my condition, her approach verged on mean and blaming, like I did something to have this condition. She has a very high opinion of herself which took precedence over my care. Her approach leaves a lot to be desired. Caroline her RN/receptionist just as bad. My experience was that C. is difficult, unhelpful. She told me Dr. will can't fit me in for months as so important & busy & dealing with other priority patients. I pleaded that I was fully flaring & needed to see her. Both were rude-actions indicated my care was least of their concerns.

Submitted July 2, 2010 | flag