Rate Dr. Iqbal Ahmed

Dr. Iqbal Ahmed's Ratings

Dr. Amhed was not helpful at all. In fact one of the most negative interactions I have experienced with a physician. Instead of being kind and compassionate this physician told me role is to take care of my husband and not to ask any medically related questions, although I am his primary caregiver. It was noted that he did not even make eye contact with me when I was trying to ask questions. He appears to be very arrogant, condescending and has no bed side manner. I am so thankful he was not the regular attending physician during my husband's hospitalization.

Submitted March 8, 2014 | flag

Recently my mother aged 76 was admitted to hospital under the care of Dr. Ahmed she had previously been admitted to hospital under his care and has been under his care for apprx. 2 years and in those two years my mum has never been so well taken care of medically. He has an awesome bedside manner and a great way of dealing with the families of his patients. I am so glad that we found him i really think he has added years to my mums life !!

Submitted Nov. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ahmed's Actions saved my life. Through his diligence and thoroughness that I avoided having a non-survivable heart attack.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ahmed was not very helpful at all. He seemed uninterested in my problems and although he did ask a lot of questions I felt like he was not listening to my responses. in the end instead of trying to find the root of my problem he told I had to suffer with it for the rest of my life. Needless to say I went to another specialist for a second opinion and am now completely healthy.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

My husband was seen within a few days of referral and booked for a bronchoscopy less than a week later. Dr. Ahmed was unrushed when seeing us and explaining what needed to be done and why. He phoned us long distance as soon as he had the results. A huge thank you to Dr. Ahmed.

Submitted April 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ahmed is professional and sincere when he says that he has the patients best interests in mind, patient and punctual, even to the point of answering my direct emails. He has greatly helped my condition over the last year.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

He is one of the best lung specialists we've seen. His manner is unrushed, patient and calm. He takes time to explain and answer questions. He doesn't get annoyed if you ask him to repeat and he actually likes it when you take an interest in understanding your own health. He's willing to work with an interpreter when needed. He listens carefully and responds accurately. Yes, he's on a schedule but he doesn't push you out the door. He makes sure your needs have been met and all your questions have been answered before he lets you go. He even allowed us to reach him by email afterwards. We highly recommend this doctor!

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

I found this doctor to be polite and friendly. But,very careless. My dad's cancer was detected late, when emergency appointments were requested through his secretary, they were not taken seriously. Appointments were available 6 months later. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Ahmed is one of the top notch doctors, very much in demand, but probably overworked. I'm not critisizing his work. Just very disappointed with the results. My dad died.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2011 | flag

I was first seen and treated by Dr.Ahmed in Richmond Hospital, - he took the time and effort to get to the bottom of my problem, and I am now taking medication prescribed by him which I feel has improved my quality of life greatly. He continues to monitor my condition, and I feel very greatful for his care.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr was very polite and caring towards my mum. Thorough with examination and explained problems clearly and decisively. Great bed side manner for a doctor. KnowV

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag