Rate Dr. D. Keith Still

Dr. D. Keith Still's Ratings

I had the great fortune to have Dr. Still as the doctor on staff at SMH when my son was born. I can't comment on his staff or his practice, but I most certainly can comment on my experience with him in a hospital setting - when it likely counts the most. I had had a horrendous experience with my first child, the doctor during that birth was condescending, rude and in my opinion negligent (tried to force a c-section on me and when I refused he got frustrated with having to wait, told me there was no way I could deliver my "large" baby (6lbs 11 oz) his cutting/forceps resulted in a third degree episiotomy). Dr. Still on the other hand made it clear right from the start that he would do everything in his power to honour my wishes. He has an incredible bed side manner, is patient and very empathetic, the nurses told me that I lucked out as they thought he was the best doc they had - no tearing and this time with a baby that actually was big(ger) - 8 lbs 11 oz and 3.5 weeks early.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2013

Did anyone have dr. Still do there gender determination? And if so, was he right? He's told me I'm having twin girls but my gut feeling says one is a boy.... does n e one have past experience like this?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Still has been very empathetic and open to hearing our concerns. We really appreciate that he has taken the time to make sure we are comfortable and treated well during our two pregnancies. We received high risk results from some testing (2nd pregancy) and he has been great showing us in our ultrasounds that the results are not likely applied to us. Of course, you can't say for sure until the baby arrives so we won't know for a couple months but thus far, he's been wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2013

Can be insensitive. Info on ultrasound was found to be wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Was my perinatologist during my mono/di twin pregnancy. Very comforting, knowledgeable, and helpful! Took the time to see me and my babies in the Surry NICU the day after my C section. Obviously cares about his patients. Was right on with his measurements and weight estimates. Made sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on. I recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2011

I went to see Dr. Still to have my tubal ligation at 26. He didn't judge me at all for being childfree, and he explained to me how the surgery was going to go. I told him to "double tap" so he cut, cauterized AND put the filshie clips in place. Amazing, amazing doctor who will not give you grief if you are childfree and want to be sterilized. I'm 38 now and very happy with my decision. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2011

Dr. Still did all my ultrasounds for my twin pregnancy. He was fast and very experienced. He was very patient listening and answering all my questions every time I went there. He didn't deliver my twins, but he came into the OR to see how I was doing because my attempt for vaginal delivery turned into an emergency C-section. He put his hand over my forehead and assured me everything will be fine. I delivered two perfectly healthy and full-term twin babies! His receptionists weren't all that nice though, but they were nice to me in Dr. Still's presence - sad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

A very friendly, helpful doctor. I felt so comfortable while being there for an U/S

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

He did all of my growth ultrasounds during my sons very complicated pregnancy. I looked forward to our appointments, he is a very personable man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

This is the most amazing DR. on the planet. He saved me and my first child's life, he was my Dr. all the way through my second pregnancy. I cannot say enough positive about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292612].votes_count ]]