Rate Dr. William Parker

Dr. William Parker's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

When I found out I had a grapefruit size fibroid inside of my uterus, I was devastated. I am only 27 and a hysterectomy is just unthinkable. I conducted a lot of research and scheduled consultations with numerous doctors. After meeting Dr. Parker, I knew I found the right person. Dr. Parker is one of the most amazing doctors I’ve ever met. He is experienced, knowledgeable and very personable. There are so many great things I wish to say about him and I don’t even know where to start…so I guess I will work chronologically.

Dr. Parker is very busy and I had to wait some time before I was able to schedule an appointment with him. But sometimes…the best thing is worth waiting for. What surprised me was when I went to my first appointment I did not have to wait at all in the waiting room. Unlike most doctors who schedule 2-3 patients at a specific timeframe and it’s always full of people in the waiting room, there was no one in the waiting room except me. Dr. Parker’s nurse took me in right away and he was waiting for me in his office. I really loved that! It shows me that Dr. Parker respects his patients and their time even though he is extremely busy. During our first consultation, Dr. Parker spent an hour with me explaining the surgical procedure and answering all of my questions. Not a single moment where I felt like he was rushing me to leave. But the most important thing was he is very knowledgeable and an experienced surgeon. There are good doctors, but not every doctor is a good surgeon.

Due to Dr. Parker’s packed surgery schedule, my surgery was scheduled 3 months later. After one month, I couldn’t take it anymore because the fibroid was affecting my personal and professional life. I was also very anemic. I did not want to go to any other doctor. After being very persistent, I was able to schedule another appointment with Dr. Parker and even though his schedule was very backed up, he agreed to give me an earlier surgery date. I was so relieved and happy!

On the day of my surgery, Dr. Parker came to see me right before my surgery and answered any concerns I had. The surgery was a breeze. I had a good dream because I knew I was in good hands and woke up fibroid-free. Dr. Parker called me at night to check up on me. He came to see me in the morning and called me again in the evening. He is so down to earth and he truly cares about his patients.

Dr. Parker’s surgery skills are superb and he uses advanced technology. I suffered very little pain throughout the entire process. He told me I broke the world record when I told him I went to work after one week of recovery (I had a myomectomy). All thanks to him! My scar also looks amazing so far. Living in LA, I am always in my bikini, so I’m glad no scar will be visible. I recommend Dr. Parker to any woman suffering from fibroid! Don’t be discouraged by the wait if you have to wait a little; don’t be discouraged by the distance if you have to travel a little. It’s your body, you want the BEST surgeon to work on it and he is that person!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

I am a 33 year old woman with no children but do hope to have children one day. In 2007, while in law school, I fell ill and was extremely weak and dizzy. After many checks the doctors determined that I was anemic (due to heavy menstrual cycles accompanied by clots) and advised that I use a lot of iron supplements. By 2010, I began to gain weight around my abdominal area, but I reckoned that this was simply normal weight gain as a result of reduced physical activity. To my dismay, during my regular yearly exam, my General Practitioner informed me that she suspected I had fibroids and requested an ultrasound to authenticate the same.
I then began consultations with a local gynecologist who reviewed my case and determined my situation was not so dire (6 fibroids largest approximately 4.8 cm) and advised that it was better to adopt the “watch and wait approach”. Two years were spent “watching and waiting”; by this time the fibroids grew and another one showed up on the ultrasound. My abdomen size increased and the gynecologist decided an abdominal myomectomy would be the ideal solution. However, he expressed skepticism to proceed with the abdominal myomectomy because one of the fibroids was in close proximity to my tubes.
Three years later (2013), I was still living with fibroids, I was getting heavier periods, constant urination from bladder pressure caused by the fibroids, discomfort in my pelvic area during ovulation, lower back pain, discomfort during menstruation and congratulatory messages from well meaning individuals who perceived, from the appearance of my abdomen, that I was an expectant mother. I grew tired of all this and sought the opinion of two other gynecologists, one in neighboring Puerto Rico and the other locally. Still unsatisfied and disillusioned, while busy at work one day, I asked a friend to search for the best laparoscopic surgeon in the United States. In a matter of minutes she called back and said “I think I found him”. She gave me the name Dr. William Parker. I sat for hours reading and researching about Dr. Parker and was very impressed by what I read. Dr. Parker’s CV was phenomenal, his patient reviews excellent and his website was very informative. Further, I surmised that not only does this doctor have extensive experience in this type of surgery, but was held in such high regard by his peers that he was chosen to impart his knowledge to the students of the prestigious UCLA. I thought to myself that surely he must be better than the other gynecologist whom I had consulted. I made the call and upon Dr. Parker’s request I did an MRI (the first and only doctor to request same). I made an appointment and flew from the British Virgin Islands to California.
Meeting with Dr. Parker was really comfortable. Although he is an extremely accomplished surgeon, Dr. Parker spoke to us (my friend and I) as though we were his old friends, people he knew and loved for years and was excited to see once again. It was easy to forget that this was actually a doctor-patient meeting. Dr. Parker reviewed my MRI with me, wrote down all the options that were available to me, ruled out those that were not recommended for my particular case, answered the myriad of questions I asked and simply allayed all my fears. It was evident that his knowledge on the subject matter was very extensive. After this meeting, he allowed me time to choose the option I felt most comfortable with and to make the necessary appointment when I was ready. After much consideration, I made the long trip back to California to have the abdominal myomectomy. Although initially I disapproved of the abdominal myomectomy, I decided to take that option mainly because Dr. Parker discovered a smaller fibroid that went undetected by the other gynecologist and could not be removed laparoscopically.
On Nov 10, 2014, I had my abdominal myomectomy at the UCLA, Santa Monica Health Center. Dr. Parker removed, to my horror, a total of 17 fibroids without complication. I had no pain from the incision itself, thanks to the ON-Q pump Dr Parker left in place a few days post op.
Although still in recovery (3 weeks post op), I feel great, I have no need for medication, my incision is barely noticeable (thanks to Dr. Parker’s suturing technique) and most importantly, I am fibroid free. I could not have asked for a better surgeon and a more caring doctor. For me, it doesn’t matter the distance, covering it to have Dr. Parker as my surgeon was well worth it and I would certainly do it again if necessary. I have no regrets about making that long trip. I will forever be grateful to GOD that such a talented surgeon exists, that he accepted me as a patient and that he is my surgeon.
To those women suffering with fibroids, I would recommend that, before making a life altering decision, seek out the expertise of Dr. William Parker.
Thank you Dr. Parker and team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I absolutely, without hesitation, recommend Dr. Parker. His credentials, expertise, and demeanor are of the highest standards and you will be in great hands!

Several years ago, I was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid during a routine pelvic exam. I had no symptoms but, over time, I noticed that my abdomen had enlarged and I was becoming more uncomfortable. The fibroid, located toward the front of my uterus, was now positioned on top of my bladder. An MRI showed the fibroid to be about 10 cm in diameter and, according to one doctor, the size of a 4 month pregnancy. At the age of 56, I decided that it was time to take action.

My gynecologist suggested three alternatives:
- hysterectomy
- uterine fibroid embolization (shrinking of the fibroid by blocking its blood supply)
- myomectomy (removal of the fibroid)

My research took me to Dr. Parker's website where I found, to my relief, all the information I was looking for in one location. I printed the "Questions Everyone Should Ask Their Doctor Before Surgery" and used it to interview local specialists. A highly respected surgeon I interviewed in Portland was directing me toward a hysterectomy as my best option until I mentioned that I intended to also consult with Dr. Parker. He paused and said, "I would not hesitate to go to Dr. Parker. I've heard him speak and he has an excellent reputation." When I interviewed Dr. Parker, it became immediately clear that a laparascopic myomectomy was my best choice, allowing me to finally be rid of the fibroid while keeping my uterus. Although other doctors had described this procedure as more complicated than a hysterectomy, it seemed second nature to Dr. Parker.

My outpatient surgery was performed at the UCLA medical center in about two hours. Because of my confidence in Dr. Parker, I felt at ease through the entire process and knew that I had made the right decision. When I met the anesthesiologist the morning of the surgery, he was so warm and engaging, he made me feel even more at ease. I healed very quickly, with minimal pain, and only three very small incisions. Three days after the surgery, I took a three mile walk on the beach.

Even though this was my first surgery, the entire experience was very positive and I am ecstatic with the outcome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I decided to seek Dr. Parker for a second opinion after my previous obgyn advised me to do myomectomy to remove my uterine fibroid. The worst part was, my previous obgyn refused to send me for a second MRI test although the first MRI report and his finding was incoherent.
From the time I met Dr. Parker, I felt very confident to have my fibroid removed by him. Dr. Parker explained everything clearly from location of my fibroid, size, type of procedure, and recovery time. Instead of having myomectomy, Dr. Parker performed laparoscopy which only took about three hours and I could go home on the same day. With laparoscopy, I had small incisions and faster recovery time. Two weeks after surgery, I went back to my normal activity with very little discomfort. One month after surgery, I have no pain at all and no restriction from doing certain exercise movement that I used to have before my surgery. Dr. Parker is very caring, knowledgeable, and the best doctor. He is highly recommended for any kind of fibroid related issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Four years ago, I was diagnosed with having a very small uterine fibroid less than 2 cm. Within 6 months it had grown to an alarming 10 cm. My gynecologist told me I could just live with it for the rest of my life, and so I believed him and just dealt with it. After two years, I began feeling excruciating pain in my stomach and belly button. A CT Scan showed that the fibroid had grown to almost 15 cm! I was worried, scared, and in constant pain. My gynecologist told me the only treatment would be to have a full hysterectomy. So, I scheduled it and anxiously waited. When it came time for my pre-op appointment, he confided in me that he was losing sleep over how he was going to get it out of me! I cancelled the surgery immediately and began searching for an experienced surgeon. I met and consulted with the best doctors in Texas, and all of them told me the same thing in that I would need a full hysterectomy. They would all stare at my stomach in disbelief at the sheer size of it. I looked as if I was 5 months pregnant. They all told me they would have to cut me vertically…from my pubic bone up past my belly button. I cried myself to sleep every night, terrified that no one would be able to help me. Then, one day I stumbled upon Dr. Parker’s website. I was blown away by his impressive resume. I stared in disbelief at the pictures of fibroids he had removed in other women. In one picture he had removed two fibroids that were both 14 cm with just a bikini cut. I thought to myself, if he can remove two that are my size, then he would be able to remove my one without cutting me all up. From the moment I spoke to Dr. Parker on the phone, I felt calm and hopeful. What was even more shocking is that he told me I wouldn’t need a hysterectomy…and that he could perform the procedure laparoscopically! I couldn’t believe my ears. For the first time in 6 months, I felt at peace knowing that there was a surgeon who would be able to take care of me. So, I scheduled the surgery, and two months later I travelled to California and met Dr. Parker. He automatically put my mind and soul at rest with his kindness, compassion, and caring. He truly has an amazing bedside manner that surpasses any doctor I have ever met. He allowed me to ask question after question and answered every single one of them fully and patiently. The day of the surgery, I was extremely nervous, but when I saw him he removed any fear or doubt I felt. I knew I was in the best hands and that he would take care of me. And he did. The surgery was an absolute success. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery, and I can say without any reservations that Dr. Parker has changed my life. He gave me back a quality of life that I had been missing for 4 years. He has truly been a blessing to me, and I thank God everyday such an exceptional surgeon exists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I am truly grateful to Dr. Parker, not only for the second opinion (actually, fifth) that he provided me but also for the “second chance” that he gave my uterus after three local gynecologists recommended hysterectomy and a fourth suggested another procedure in which I did not have full confidence. My holistic perspective on health and wellness has helped me appreciate the energetic relationships among the organs and the value in keeping one’s organs whenever possible. Dr. Parker gave me that option, and I’ll never regret flying all the way from Virginia first to consult with him and then for the procedure. I felt very comfortable with him from day one! Dr. Parker is several steps ahead of others in his profession. After receiving the devastating news from the other gynecologists, their diagnoses based on ultrasound results alone, Dr. Parker’s taking the time to request and consider my MRI and help me explore alternatives was a much-appreciated relief that far exceeded my expectations. Also admirable was his thoroughness in patient care after the abdominal myomectomy. My 23 fibroids, some large, and others not showing up on my ultrasound scans, are now gone! Just one day after the procedure, I was able to walk around in my hospital ward and was feeling only minimal discomfort. Dr. Parker has truly done what I had regarded as impossible! My only regret is that he was my “fifth stop” (he came to my attention only after extensive research) – but to other women experiencing fibroids, I am pleased to recommend that he be their first.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr. Parker was the seventh doctor that I had seen. My surgery was complicated, and I wanted to be in the hands of a great surgeon. I’m glad I waited. I had vetted all of the surgeons that made my short list, ad nauseam. I thought I had found my surgeon, but on the last visit, he changed the terms of what we had agreed to, and asked if I would be comfortable cutting down the center of my body. Another doctor had asked me to sign a release to remove my uterus if, once she went in, she felt this was the best option. I had twenty-five fibroids, the largest the size of a large melon.
At this point, I felt defeated. I almost agreed to the horrible cut, down the center of my body.

I had read a lot of articles about preserving the uterus, and what surgery options were available for women in my position. I noticed the articles that resonated with me the most had a name in common: Dr. William Parker. I decided to look him up. To my surprise, he was located in Santa Monica, not far from me! Dr. Parker is in such high demand that he only takes patients that he feels are beyond the scope of other doctors that they’ve seen. This is the first time I felt lucky, with my condition, as he accepted me. When I shook his hand, and made eye contact, I knew he was my surgeon. I always looked at the hands, as they are a surgeon’s gold. Every surgeon that I had seen had steady hands, but there was a calm quality to Dr. Parker’s hands. My sister thought this was a strange comment, until she also met him. She had endured numerous, similar surgeries, and she was an instant fan. If you knew my sister, you’d know how rarely this occurs.

Dr. Parker reminds you that this is your surgery, but also firmly takes control of his role in it. All of my questions were answered. I felt free to call at any time, and my phone calls were answered promptly. Anything that I felt I would need for surgery, he had already thought of. I soon realized that I could relax. I no longer had to worry. With complete confidence, I could pass the baton, and just prepare for surgery.

The morning of the procedure, things didn’t go as planned. My normally low, blood pressure had risen, as the fibroids grew to their largest size. My first reading that morning was a little high, so they decided to wait, and give me time to calm down. Well, the opposite happened. My demeanor was very cool, but my blood pressure told another tale, as it soared to just under 200. Everyone seemed a little frazzled, but Dr. Parker was so calm and cool. He said it was no big deal, I could stay in the hospital, and he’d do the surgery the next day; but first, they’d like to give me something to calm me down. The latter option worked.

I never thought I would say surgery was fun. This was my first major surgery, and I was terrified. I was so terrified that I had put it off for WAY too long. But, I had fun! I went in with a positive attitude, because of our team, and I woke up the same way. The team surrounding Dr. Parker was fantastic! I had had complications with anesthesia previously, and the anesthesiologist and his assist were incredible.
I was in the hospital for four days, and Dr. Parker called every morning, and visited every afternoon. He is the perfect balance between and old school and progressive doctor. I had a minor set back, as my incision reopened, but Dr. Parker and his staff were unshakable, as I panicked. It took longer than expected to heal, but Dr. Parker was consistent. After I left the hospital, he saw me regularly, until the incision healed. It was sad to say good-bye because his staff had begun to feel like extended family.

Nearly four months later, my incision, which runs across my bikini line, is almost imperceptible. It looks like a plastic surgeon closed me. My boy friend is amazed at the precision and the skill level. I’m glad I waited, and researched, to find the right doctor. I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Parker and his staff!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

My small fibroid grew over the last eight years into multiple fibroids of 13 large and small, total 3 pounds, the size of 5 months pregnancy, the size which I could no longer hide. My first surgical consultation was with Dr. K. She recommended a hysterectomy. Even with myomectomy, she said, it is possible that she might have to remove part or all of my uterus while I was under anesthesia. But because I was determined not to lose my organ, I prayed and kept searching for a surgeon who could help me. I found Dr. Parker while I was reading his online Kindle book, "Fibroids: A Gynecologist's Second Opinion." The book was sufficient for me to learn everything I need to know about my fibroid, its treatment, and the outcome of a surgery. I knew the search was over with Dr. Parker. Dr. Parker did an abdominal myomectomy procedure (through an 11 cm bikini incision) on me six weeks ago. I am 44 years old. I have been recovering very well: I work, run, drive long distances, and don't get tired easily as I used to before the surgery. Most of all, I don't have any of the symptoms I had before the surgery! Dr. Parker is not only gifted in what he does but he is also kind and friendly, a man of humility with empathy. I would confidently recommend Dr. Parker to anyone with a fibroid of any size, especially those who were recommended to remove the organ.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2575093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Parker took more time getting to know me and my symptoms and goals (and answering my questions) than any other health care professional I’ve ever met. He was brilliant, honest, candid, open, forthright and even funny. After a horrible year of struggle with my 3 fibroids (2 at 5 cm, 1 at 13 cm), I am now two weeks post-op, my four incisions are tiny and I’m pain free — all thanks to Dr. Parker. Despite being told by a top surgeon that a hysterectomy was my only option, my fibroids are already a fading memory and all of my organs are intact. My recovery was measured in days, not weeks. I now spend my nights actually sleeping rather than in the bathroom, and my energy has returned. These great reviews — and Dr. Parker — are the real deal, and I am living, grateful proof of his expertise. Dr. Parker is more than someone who operates on your organs… and you are more than some organs to be operated on. In the caring hands of Dr. Parker, you are treated as a human being. If you are reading this, you’ve already wasted enough time on your fibroids. Call Dr. Parker now and get your life back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2569789].votes_count ]]