You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Vadas

Dr. Peter Vadas's Ratings

My son is a patient of Dr. Vadas. Although he is a very busy doctor he took good care of my son and communicated with the family physicians as and when needed. I found him compassionate and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Don't listen to the negative reviews - they are very biased. Dr. Vadas is one of the top allergists in the city according to a few MDs I have spoken with. And he is extremely patient, knowledgeable, and friendly -- as are his staff. I have been seeing Dr. Vadas for three years, having to go in every month for an allergy shot. I have complete trust in Dr. Vadas and wouldn't want to be seen by anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr. Vadas was wonderful. He was very pleasant, and asked me many questions about anything that might be contributing to my issue. He was very knowledgable and encouraging, wanting to get to the bottom of it as much as me. He checked everything. My heart, my pulse, my blood pressure, did a prick test and sent me for bloodwork when that all came back normal. His staff was very friendly and comforting when I mentioned my fear of needles before the prick test. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Vadas. He was a pleasure to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2829453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Had six patients all booked for the same time. Was running around from patient to patient. Was told appointment would take 1- 1 1/2 hrs so I was expecting to spend a lot of time with him discussing symptoms and having tests done. I was with him no longer then 20mins and part of that was him leaving to see other people. No tests were run. He did not want to listen to a word I had to say including symptoms. Left with a diagnosis that did not address the main symptoms I was having. No further ahead and looks like I was wrongly diagnosed.
Very rude, arrogant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I live with a pretty rare chronic condition, and was sent to Dr. Vadas to try and identify its cause, which drs thought could be related to mast cell activcation. While it's not looking that way, I have been blown away by Dr. Vadas' commitment to running other tests and trying to help figure out what's causing my problems, even tho they may not be allergy-related. He is by far the most scientific dr. I have ever seen, in that he actually runs tests to get answers, instead of making educated guesses about my body. I have never detected any of the arrogance that someone noted below, and his staff has been nothing but kind and helpful towards me. I don't know if I will ever find out what is causing my health problems, but after seeing many doctors with " no idea", Dr. Vadas is the first who is giving me hope by taking me seriously enough to do some science on my behalf. I would put among the top 2 or 3 doctors ( and ive seen a lot!) that I have ever seen, and feel very very lucky to have encountered such an open-minded doctor who actually seems to care about helping me get better. Dr. Vadas is a real life Dr. House (but without the mean-ness and drug problems)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2558098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

He told me I was allergic to the basic categories- grass, pollen, ragweed- which I already knew. He did not bother telling me about allergy shots even though he said I was severely allergic nor did he care to provide me with a list that shows how allergic someone is- for that simple form was told to ask my family doctor who did not get it from him, went back to his office and he was very dismissive and arrogant. His secretary was kind and gave me a copy. I have anaphylactic- level reactions to certain substances which the skin test did not show. He left the room before I could even ask for a blood test, which is far more accurate. His secretaries said they will pass along the message and he never responded. Also a very jekyll-hyde personality, has huge ego and fake sincerity. Terrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Just found this site. I saw Dr. Vadas a few years ago. My immune system was in chaos and I had terrible hives. After many, some painful, tests my GP sent me to see Dr. Vadas to determine if I had allergies. Dr. V spoke with me for some time, conducted allergy tests and a full blood work up. I did find out I'm allergic to clams but also discovered that I had a type of cancer that affects the immune system. Dr. V was extremely empathetic when he told me his findings and recommended me to the head of oncology/hematology at his hospital. I did find he secretary to be short tempered and borderline nasty. I would recommend booking any follow up appoints before you leave to reduce any wait time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

He may be knowledgeable but all I see is arrogance. Past 40yrs I've had strong mostly sudden allergies to most all carbs (veggies/fruits/nuts..) & food additives, pollen, dust, vit's, meds, chemicals, ...some anaphylactic. Dr sees me pretty well on time, hour later. He reads my chart, listens intently, then abruptly declares, 'you don't have allergies'. What? Seems I don't "look" like a person who has allergies. With complete disinterest he pricks my arms all over and we watch as they blow up, huge bright red welts merging into 2 huge red balloons, crazy itchy, definitely uncomfortable. I dizzy as my blood pressure likely plunges, Dr brings&squeezes little antihistamine(?) lotion on my arms. Now he says I need allergy shots! I must see him early afternoons 3x/wk the next 2-3 years, possibly much longer, shots might not work, and oh, my out-of-pocket cost will be $8-10,000--per yr. I don't have money like this!, & told the Dr. Irritatedly Dr told me to get out, nothing he can do for me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Vadas is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I feel very lucky to have been referred to him as several of my other doctors told me that I was "lucky to see the best". I find it amazing to read some of the other reviews. I have never observed anything but a truly excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I have seen Dr. Vadas several times over the past year. He has new office staff who are incredibly patient, helpful and courteous. Dr.Vadas has seemed very much more relaxed and is very warm, helpful and genuinely concerned for my issues. He is as thorough and knowledgeable as I could want. I highly recommend him whether your problem is simple or complicated like mine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294452].votes_count ]]