Rate Dr. Peter Vadas

Dr. Peter Vadas's Ratings

I live with a pretty rare chronic condition, and was sent to Dr. Vadas to try and identify its cause, which drs thought could be related to mast cell activcation. While it's not looking that way, I have been blown away by Dr. Vadas' commitment to running other tests and trying to help figure out what's causing my problems, even tho they may not be allergy-related. He is by far the most scientific dr. I have ever seen, in that he actually runs tests to get answers, instead of making educated guesses about my body. I have never detected any of the arrogance that someone noted below, and his staff has been nothing but kind and helpful towards me. I don't know if I will ever find out what is causing my health problems, but after seeing many doctors with " no idea", Dr. Vadas is the first who is giving me hope by taking me seriously enough to do some science on my behalf. I would put among the top 2 or 3 doctors ( and ive seen a lot!) that I have ever seen, and feel very very lucky to have encountered such an open-minded doctor who actually seems to care about helping me get better. Dr. Vadas is a real life Dr. House (but without the mean-ness and drug problems)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

He told me I was allergic to the basic categories- grass, pollen, ragweed- which I already knew. He did not bother telling me about allergy shots even though he said I was severely allergic nor did he care to provide me with a list that shows how allergic someone is- for that simple form was told to ask my family doctor who did not get it from him, went back to his office and he was very dismissive and arrogant. His secretary was kind and gave me a copy. I have anaphylactic- level reactions to certain substances which the skin test did not show. He left the room before I could even ask for a blood test, which is far more accurate. His secretaries said they will pass along the message and he never responded. Also a very jekyll-hyde personality, has huge ego and fake sincerity. Terrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Just found this site. I saw Dr. Vadas a few years ago. My immune system was in chaos and I had terrible hives. After many, some painful, tests my GP sent me to see Dr. Vadas to determine if I had allergies. Dr. V spoke with me for some time, conducted allergy tests and a full blood work up. I did find out I'm allergic to clams but also discovered that I had a type of cancer that affects the immune system. Dr. V was extremely empathetic when he told me his findings and recommended me to the head of oncology/hematology at his hospital. I did find he secretary to be short tempered and borderline nasty. I would recommend booking any follow up appoints before you leave to reduce any wait time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

He may be knowledgeable but all I see is arrogance. Past 40yrs I've had strong mostly sudden allergies to most all carbs (veggies/fruits/nuts..) & food additives, pollen, dust, vit's, meds, chemicals, ...some anaphylactic. Dr sees me pretty well on time, hour later. He reads my chart, listens intently, then abruptly declares, 'you don't have allergies'. What? Seems I don't "look" like a person who has allergies. With complete disinterest he pricks my arms all over and we watch as they blow up, huge bright red welts merging into 2 huge red balloons, crazy itchy, definitely uncomfortable. I dizzy as my blood pressure likely plunges, Dr brings&squeezes little antihistamine(?) lotion on my arms. Now he says I need allergy shots! I must see him early afternoons 3x/wk the next 2-3 years, possibly much longer, shots might not work, and oh, my out-of-pocket cost will be $8-10,000--per yr. I don't have money like this!, & told the Dr. Irritatedly Dr told me to get out, nothing he can do for me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Vadas is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I feel very lucky to have been referred to him as several of my other doctors told me that I was "lucky to see the best". I find it amazing to read some of the other reviews. I have never observed anything but a truly excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I have seen Dr. Vadas several times over the past year. He has new office staff who are incredibly patient, helpful and courteous. Dr.Vadas has seemed very much more relaxed and is very warm, helpful and genuinely concerned for my issues. He is as thorough and knowledgeable as I could want. I highly recommend him whether your problem is simple or complicated like mine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2011

I first saw Dr. Vadas 11 years and still a patient, as I've developed secondary life threatening food allergies. While he was patient and provided valuable information "then"...he has become painfully and increasingly more rude, arrogant-like and short fused. I took 3 hours off work and spend less than 5 minutes talking to him, before he literally said good-bye and that I would have to make another appt. to talk about further allergies. He cut me off when talking and was incredibly abrupt. While brilliant, his manner is deplorable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2011

Thank you Doctor Vadas for your help and time.He is a very good Doctor !!!Sincerely, claudia

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2010

I have seen both sides of Dr. Vadas, as described by other commenters. When I was anxious and upset about new food reactions, he was unsympathetic, and dismissive of any reaction other than a classic allergy. He tends not to listen to any information I give him except in answer to his questions, so it took a while to convince him that I really do need cat & dog allergy shots, no matter what the tests say. However, now that I know what Dr Vadas will & won't help with, I'm calmer on my visits, and he is friendlier & more respectful. Of course, my anxiety levels might not be the cause of his Jekyll & Hyde behaviour, but...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

I am very happy with the care I have received from Dr. Vadas. He definitely goes the extra mile for his patients. My condition is complicated and most doctor's give up; except for Dr. Vadas - a wonderful human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1294448].votes_count ]]