Rate Dr. Anthony Galea

Dr. Anthony Galea's Ratings

Doc galea is great. Unfortunatley cant say same for staff. Very rude. But he is the best in the biz. I guess the barbie doll at the desk has better things to then be nice to his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

hi I ove how he works, he is very determined and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Bar none the most helpful doctor I have ever seen. Dr. Galea saved my career.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

When I was a younger man in my 30's I was told by friends who I'd played slopitch with to go to Anthony (Tony) Galea and see about a knee injury. I went through 2 months of therapy and when things just were not progressing, Tony decided I needed arthroscopic surgery on my ACL. I was at my slopitch game as an observer the evening of my surgery and a week later I was playing. The therapy I had done while waiting for my surgery help with the speedy recovery of my ACL. Still believe to this day that Tony is a genius when it comes to sports medicine . I guess that is why the top athletes in the world go to him for advice and surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Do you have to wait for hours to see Dr. G? Oh yes, why? because he never says no to a patient. He's brilliant, out of the box thinker and unconventional. He cares about his patience and the outcome of their progress. For every hater there are ten happy patients. He is the only sports doctor that would ever treat my national athlete. I cannot even begin to describe what he has done to help our family get through my daughter's injury. He's awesome and I would wait any amount of time to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

Dr Galea is a wonderful man. He takes the time to patiently listen, review any info you bring and brain storms/suggests new treatment.... but, and it's a big but, I don't think the waiting, unprofessional staff, costly 'let's just try it' treatments and exploratory x-rays, ultra sounds (all out of pocket) are worth enduring to spend a few minutes with a kind doctor. I saw Dr Galea 3 times, my last two appts I'd arrive, wait as everyone does 3-4 hrs and then was handed off to two other doctors who felt my pain (nerve pain in my upper back/shoulder blade) was untreatable and suggested I go to Mt. Sinia to a pain clinic to get Marijuana. I paid a lot of money for an Ultra Sound that showed nothing, by a tech that was impatient and not thorough. I had random B12 shots in my 'trigger points' with no suggested follow up or even a suggestion that they would be helpful (not at all) saw a Chiro over and over to to avail.The front desk staff is so unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. Galea is a brilliant sports medicine doctor and we are blessed to have him in Toronto. He thinks outside of the box and has helped my tenosynovitis and my hallux limitus, by injecting traumeel, a homeopathic solution from Germany- with the help of ultrasound, into the affected areas. Debilitating pain, GONE!!!! There is no doubt, that the waiting times at times can be frustrating, but I have learned to call ahead and find out whether or not he is on time. He tries to fit everyone in...because he is a vocational doctor. He is an amazingly caring and compassionate doctor, who explores all avenues to make sure a thorough diagnosis is made. He treats all of his patients the same , whether or not you are an Olympian, or just a weekend warrior. Dr. Galea, you are a Godsend...thank you for making a difference in my life! You are the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

Not sure how this clinic or this doc even have any business. Waited 2.5 hours, still waiting. I spent my time watching people who do not have appointments see the doc. I wait while 6 ppl go ahead of my appointment it would be quicker to see a doc in the ER at a hospital. No specialist who does not respect his clients time, is not worth my time or business. I wouldn't waste your time or energy to see someone who only has 5 mins for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2013

I went to see Dr. Galea many years ago and at that time he suggested that I go for radiation treatments on my breast! Good thing I went for a second opinion because it turned out that all I had was a bad rash and skin infection from going into a dirty hot tub at the gym!!!! Imagine that! I was young at the time but, if I would have known better I would have made a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Galea is also the son in law of Dr. Godfrey Fiorini and that is not something to Brag about. Then again the same can be said about Dr. Galea, especially with all the notariaty he got from giving athletese illegal drugs. Run for your life people...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295585].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Referred to Dr. Galea by my Chiro to discuss treat options for severely unstable ligaments in my ankle. In short,I fall down a lot,& things break when I hit the ground. Not fun. Recently dislocated both ankles, badly breaking one. I found wait time reasonable, 2 months wait to get seen & they told me would approx 1 hour wait on arrival so I went & got a coffee and returned. Met the good Doctor, who reviewed records brought on disc & then stated that he wanted to see MRIs on both ankles & his office would book them. They called a week later to get some answers to questions by the Hosp MRI Tech. That was last August. Tried to follow up in November, got no call back. Finally in March spoke to someone in Galea's Office who claimed nothing was booked. Contacted Hospital MRI Dept who told me Galea's office kept screwing up the requistions, finally gave up & booked through my GP. Galea's staff blamed Hosp called them incompetent. Hosp was not problem. Does Galea know? Frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295579].votes_count ]]