Rate Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan

Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan's Ratings

Have people forgotten that the Dr is human too. She is a pro at what she does,, everyone deserves forgiveness. Yes she can be abit reserved or to the point but she has got a lot going on in her brain, she thinks about everything for all her patients.& the most pressing situations gets her attention first,,when I first went to see her I truly didn't like her & I was scared of her,,she did what she needed to do for me & didn't speak much or elaborate on thing like I wanted her to. Which was for my own selfishness,.Than on a day I had an appointment & she wasn't crazy busy with patients I saw her smile & even laugh .thats when it hit me that she's human,just like us & how do we behave when we are stressed out & overwhelmed? Do we have time for small chat or anyone who might be wasting our time? Especially when we are overwhelmed. I never looked at her the same after that day. She delivered 2 of my children & I definitely would recommend her..As soon as I changed my attitude about her,we had a wonderful relationship..my pregnancies had problems but with her on my side I had no worries. I prefer my Dr to be efficient & knowledgeable than to have proper manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Was directed here by idiot doctor who overdosing on antibiotics caused my first ever UTI in my 28 years of life [got so severe became a kidney infection]. She was on time, didn't understand the fact that I have NEVER had any problems with my period since I started bleeding when I was 13 and yet after idiot doctor & UTI I haven't had a period since. Her answer - go on the pill which causes MORE problems than it fixes.

Even after explaining I'm not sexual active - and this weight has been with me for 12 months due to a knee that handicapped my fitness - she is still insistent it's nothing, loose weight or go on the pill. When she gets my blood work back, basically washes her hands of me and says talk to my doctor.

So what's her profession then? Thanks quackzilla.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Rude, gives you barely any privacy, force-full, the list goes on. If you don't like being treated like an emotionless inanimate object, not recommended for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

The last time I visited this doctor was my first and last all rolled into one. I was a teenager, and was having problems with my period staying regular. She arrived to the appointment late. Was not very friendly considering I had never met her before. She recommended I go on birth control, which was not an issue. The entire visit, she had her back turned to me, and seemed more interested in the wall then me. At some point through out the visit, she outright told me I was fat, and needed to loose weight. I was nearly in tears as soon as those words came out of her mouth. At the time I may have weighed around 160 pounds. I was shocked, offended and that was the last time I ever saw her, thankfully. I have never met someone so harsh in this field. I would not let her examine me if she were the last doctor on earth. Awful manners, no heart, and just plain rude.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

I will never, ever, ever allow this woman to touch me again. Internal surgery with no anaesthetic, bad enough that the nurse in the room told me that was one of the worst things she has ever had to experience. Terrible, terrible experience. About to deliver my first baby and if she is doctor on call at hospital, I will demand another doctor or get up and leave and drive elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Personally I am very happy with my decision to see Dr.Yegappan when I got pregnant. Though there were a few times she was late, they were due to the fact that she was delivering a baby which can be expected with any OB/GYN. I have had no issues with her and she is very helpful when I have a question for her. This being my first pregnancy I have been very nervous at many times and she has been reassuring about many things and has helped me threw quite a few issues. I plan on returning to see her with any other pregnancies or issues I may have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

All the bad comments are true. I have had several appts here and I'm writing this as I'm here for the last time. 5 ppl were scheduled for a 9:30 appt and the Dr strolls in at 10. By this time it is standing room only. I had cryotherapy last yr and the only info I got on the procedure, why I need it etc was from the receptionist. The Dr won't talk to you or give you the time of day. Just wastes yours. It is now 10:20 and at least I'm thru to the next waiting room but 4 ahead of me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I was referred to Yeggapan because I had a few bad pap test results. One night I experienced excrutiating pain in my uterus and called for an appointment. My family Dr. sent me to get an ultrasound where they found several cysts and a tumour. I went to see Yeggapan, she told me I had HPV, I was completely shocked and unfamiliar with this disease and she told me to google it. She is very rough and very short. I had to have a colposcopy and cyrotherapy, she rushed me out of her office after the cryotherapy because she was behind and I fainted in the elevator. To this day she hasn't spoken to me about my tumour or cysts, and said to wait until they grow or burst. I had an MRI done in the US, and the tumour had grown. She has done nothing. I told her that my period usually lasts 3 days with no pain, now since the tumour it's been 10 days of agony, the last 2 months I didn't have my period (not pregnant), she told me as long as you take the pill it doesn't matter. Hate this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Yegappan has been my doctor since I was 16 and she has delivered both of my children. She recently performed my hysterectomy and I have nothing bad to say about her. She is always professional and will give you her opinion good or bad. I find her caring and helpful and the only doctor that I trust. She is there if you need her and will even make house calls if you are upset. She has been extremely helpful to me and took every precaution she could before recommending sregery to solve my problem. I would not hesistate to recommned her at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

My mother went to this doctor not long ago for a simple test. My mother left her office crying and more scared than before the Dr. is very rude calling my mother "a big baby". She has no manners and should really watch what she says to her patients especially cancer patients. I would never recommend her, if you can avoid her please do so.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295854].votes_count ]]