Rate Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan

Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan's Ratings

I went for a routine pap smear with Dr.Yegappan. I was so nervous after reading the reviews here, but the pap test went very well.

My only issue? I have a lot of anxiety. I had to ask my doctor to get a referral as it's been a few years. So after not hearing back from my doctor's office, I call them. They tell me they have yet to hear from her office. Then I get a call from my doctor's office telling me I had missed an appointment! An appointment I never knew I had since I wasn't contacted by either place. I re-book through my doctors office, and come to Dr.Yegappan's office, only to be told that my appointment had been the day before! I was certain my doctor's office had told me the day I went! I don't know where the miscommunication happened but for someone with horrible anxiety I almost had an attack right there and then! I really wanted that appointment.

Thankfully, Susan? Susan I think, believed me and they managed to fit me in. I had to wait a little but I was grateful!

Dr.Yegappan was good with me. She sat me down and went through the form I had written. She seemed like she cared a lot. When she did a breast exam, she explained everything she was going to do.

I always get nervous at such things so I wore a skirt and she let me leave the skirt on so I felt more comfortable.

I'm not sure about how clean the place is. But overall I'm satisfied and if you're doing a routine pap you have nothing to fear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I owe my life to Dr Yegappan! My first pregnancy i got very sick and my baby didnt make it (not because of her...i was seeing another obgyn) she was caring and understanding and so supportive for me and my husband when we lost our baby. I went to her for my second pregnancy and she was fantastic! Did whatever i asked and was never bothered when i would call to ask questions and i never felt rushed during appointments. My second pregnancy was successful because of her! Yes you wait awhile for her but I assume she is at the hospital delivering babies. I feel ppl are too sensitve..she is straight to the point and doesnt sugar coat. And really ppl..she is about to see all of your lady parts and you are offended that she doesnt leave? Again too sensitive!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Have people forgotten that the Dr is human too. She is a pro at what she does,, everyone deserves forgiveness. Yes she can be abit reserved or to the point but she has got a lot going on in her brain, she thinks about everything for all her patients.& the most pressing situations gets her attention first,,when I first went to see her I truly didn't like her & I was scared of her,,she did what she needed to do for me & didn't speak much or elaborate on thing like I wanted her to. Which was for my own selfishness,.Than on a day I had an appointment & she wasn't crazy busy with patients I saw her smile & even laugh .thats when it hit me that she's human,just like us & how do we behave when we are stressed out & overwhelmed? Do we have time for small chat or anyone who might be wasting our time? Especially when we are overwhelmed. I never looked at her the same after that day. She delivered 2 of my children & I definitely would recommend her..As soon as I changed my attitude about her,we had a wonderful relationship..my pregnancies had problems but with her on my side I had no worries. I prefer my Dr to be efficient & knowledgeable than to have proper manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Was directed here by idiot doctor who overdosing on antibiotics caused my first ever UTI in my 28 years of life [got so severe became a kidney infection]. She was on time, didn't understand the fact that I have NEVER had any problems with my period since I started bleeding when I was 13 and yet after idiot doctor & UTI I haven't had a period since. Her answer - go on the pill which causes MORE problems than it fixes.

Even after explaining I'm not sexual active - and this weight has been with me for 12 months due to a knee that handicapped my fitness - she is still insistent it's nothing, loose weight or go on the pill. When she gets my blood work back, basically washes her hands of me and says talk to my doctor.

So what's her profession then? Thanks quackzilla.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Rude, gives you barely any privacy, force-full, the list goes on. If you don't like being treated like an emotionless inanimate object, not recommended for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

The last time I visited this doctor was my first and last all rolled into one. I was a teenager, and was having problems with my period staying regular. She arrived to the appointment late. Was not very friendly considering I had never met her before. She recommended I go on birth control, which was not an issue. The entire visit, she had her back turned to me, and seemed more interested in the wall then me. At some point through out the visit, she outright told me I was fat, and needed to loose weight. I was nearly in tears as soon as those words came out of her mouth. At the time I may have weighed around 160 pounds. I was shocked, offended and that was the last time I ever saw her, thankfully. I have never met someone so harsh in this field. I would not let her examine me if she were the last doctor on earth. Awful manners, no heart, and just plain rude.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

I will never, ever, ever allow this woman to touch me again. Internal surgery with no anaesthetic, bad enough that the nurse in the room told me that was one of the worst things she has ever had to experience. Terrible, terrible experience. About to deliver my first baby and if she is doctor on call at hospital, I will demand another doctor or get up and leave and drive elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Personally I am very happy with my decision to see Dr.Yegappan when I got pregnant. Though there were a few times she was late, they were due to the fact that she was delivering a baby which can be expected with any OB/GYN. I have had no issues with her and she is very helpful when I have a question for her. This being my first pregnancy I have been very nervous at many times and she has been reassuring about many things and has helped me threw quite a few issues. I plan on returning to see her with any other pregnancies or issues I may have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

All the bad comments are true. I have had several appts here and I'm writing this as I'm here for the last time. 5 ppl were scheduled for a 9:30 appt and the Dr strolls in at 10. By this time it is standing room only. I had cryotherapy last yr and the only info I got on the procedure, why I need it etc was from the receptionist. The Dr won't talk to you or give you the time of day. Just wastes yours. It is now 10:20 and at least I'm thru to the next waiting room but 4 ahead of me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I was referred to Yeggapan because I had a few bad pap test results. One night I experienced excrutiating pain in my uterus and called for an appointment. My family Dr. sent me to get an ultrasound where they found several cysts and a tumour. I went to see Yeggapan, she told me I had HPV, I was completely shocked and unfamiliar with this disease and she told me to google it. She is very rough and very short. I had to have a colposcopy and cyrotherapy, she rushed me out of her office after the cryotherapy because she was behind and I fainted in the elevator. To this day she hasn't spoken to me about my tumour or cysts, and said to wait until they grow or burst. I had an MRI done in the US, and the tumour had grown. She has done nothing. I told her that my period usually lasts 3 days with no pain, now since the tumour it's been 10 days of agony, the last 2 months I didn't have my period (not pregnant), she told me as long as you take the pill it doesn't matter. Hate this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1295865].votes_count ]]