Dr. Michael Cusimano

Rate Dr. Michael Cusimano

Dr. Michael Cusimano's Ratings

Amazing md!!!!! He goes above and beyond for his patients and has a very family centred approach! He did and amazing job and treating my brain tumour with the gamma knife radiation technology! He is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I am a recent patient of Dr. Cusimano and from my first consultation to my surgery, he treated me with the utmost respect and care. He made sure I understood my condition and what to expect after my surgery (pituitary tumor). He answered all my questions and concerns. Put my family at rest as well, before and after surgery. He took the time that I needed when discussing my condition. He put my worries at ease. He held my hand as I was going under. He is what all doctors should be, kind, respectful, understanding, polite, knowledgeable, not in a rush. Dr. Cusimano came highly recommended, and I too highly recommend him to everyone. Count yourself as blessed if he is your doctor. When you are waiting to see him, understand he is giving another patient the time he/she needs to understand what is going to happen to him/her. I didn't want to be rushed out of his office when I was facing brain surgery (Sept.2014) He shares his knowledge with other doctors around the world. His methods are copied by other specialists. He truly is one of the best doctors and persons you will ever meet. He has a warm heart and treated me more like his sister then his patient. Him and his team of surgeons were amazing. God bless Dr. Cusimano and God bless those who are waiting surgery. Thank you Dr. Cusimano.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2612206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

I am patient of Dr. Michael Cusimano after operate on him Dr. Michael Cusimano was to busy to sure i was no having problem . After the operation i got brain infection and many others problems I call many times Dr. Michael Cusimano and stass but answers i got we are to busy so in my eyes Dr. Michael Cusimano is really no good doctor he treat is patient to quickly Now i do not even know what to do about my head but i advice peoples to found others doctor and his staff is really confused most of time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Very knowledgeable and patient doctor. My sister and I were diagnosed with neurofibromatosis type 2, a genetic disease that leads to benign brain tumors and most often deafness. We didn't have OHIP at the time but he also examined me nevertheless, at no charge. The first meeting was awkward since our parents come with us and they didn't speak English. He arranged an over-the-phone translation for us, and didn't mind spending the extra time. A few months later, he helped perform a 19-hour brain surgery on my sister and cared deeply for her after that. She was out of the hospital in a week. His appointments were almost always late, one time by up to 3 hours since he was so busy and was constantly on call. Not his fault but you should prepare for this. I eventually went to see another specialist since my condition progressed differently. Dr. Cusimano is highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1296686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

This guy is A-1. He performed brain surgery on me and I never felt for a minute that I was not in the best hands possible. Thank you Dr Cusimano for for giving me a new lease on life. One thing that also sticks out, as I was in recovery he looked at my charts and noticed the tube that went in my penis had not been changed within the time frame it was supposed to have been, making it susceptible to infection - He literally yelled at the nurse who had just finished looking at my chart, insisting she be more careful while listing the possible implications that could occur if she wasnt.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1296685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Dr.Michael Cusimano is undoubtedly one of the most incredibly talented and gifted doctors world wide.Not only is he a fountain of knowledge,he is direct,thorough & takes the time to explain in depth whatever your situation.He is hope,he gives strength and when you are in his presence there is no denying the passion he has for his work and his patients.This man eats, lives and breathes his profession.On May 2nd,2013 Dr.Michael Cusimano,alongside Dr.Antonio DeLeva,performed a craniotomy on my brother. Grade 2 Oglioastrocytoma. Prior to surgery, my brother was nervous with the unknown.Not knowing the condition and quality of life he could potentially have, Dr Cusimano held his hand as he was going under and told him everything was going to be ok. After seven hours of surgery, my brother woke up, knew the date & exactly where he was. Without deficits, the next day he was walking & speaking & life has been more a gift everyday after.As my brother says,Dr. Cusimano puts the angel in Michael.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1296684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

On May 14, 2013 I had a huge CP Angle Meningioma removed by the gifted Dr. Michael Cusimano and his team of amazing Doctors and Health professionals, including Dr. Antonio Di Ieva and Dr. Jennifer Anderson. My tumour was sitting on my brain stem and near my inner ear, the ventricle that drains the fluid from my head was closing up, and no Gamma Knife surgery nor Radiation Therapy were options for me. My outcome was bleak and I had no other option left but to have Craniotomy, with no guarantees. The surgery lasted almost 14hrs, but Dr. Cusimano and his team were truly God sent! Their hands were guided by the Creator himself, the Virgin Mary, all the Saints and Angels! Just a week after surgery, I was back in Windsor, with no complications and by the Grace of God, the expertise and care of Dr. Cusimano and his team, and a few weeks of therapy, I amazed everyone on how well I looked and felt. I still have some ways to go, but the worst is over. Dr. Cusimano gave me my life back. Loreta G.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1296683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2013

On May 2/12,my husband and I anxiously awaited results from the world renowned neurosurgeon, Dr. Michael Cusimano. Eric was diagnosed with a brain aneurism, not in the usual place, and the possible outcomes were scary. Invasive neurosurgery or a procedure called coiling, were our two choices. We were in a state of shock. My husband was given a true gift of life from St. Mike’s 15 yr. earlier, a donated kidney! There were also other complexities to consider. We ended up with the “coiling” procedure. On October 9/12,the entire team under Dr. Julian Spears together with Dr. Cusimano overseeing, accomplished a miraculously, successful outcome; another gift of life. When my husband awoke, he exclaimed,“I’m alive!” There is no way to truly demonstrate our gratitude for the genius and compassionate care we received. The outstanding neurosurgical team are all truly St. Urban’s Angels! I feel we are blessed to have the best healthcare professionals in the world. Erica and Erica Walker

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1296682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

I really do not know where to start, but, here we go. My wife was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor in May of 2012. She had to have a Craniotomy. Dr. Cusimano performed the surgery, it lasted 9 hours. My wife, was out of the hospital in 3 days and today, is up and around, doing things that she was doing before the operation, in moderation of course. I an writing this to let everyone know, Doctor Cusimano is a real doctor versus Doctor's that just do it for the money, he has passion in what he does, he has honesty in what he dors and his team is fantastic! God Bless St. Michaels, and GOD bless Dr. Cusimano and his staff. - Raponi Family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1296681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2012

Dr. Cusimano is one of the most intelligent and compassionate individuals I have been blessed to cross paths with. He performed surgery on my brother in June 2012. He is by far one of the best neurosurgeons in Canada if not the globe. He is passionate about his job and genuinely cares for his patients! We were so lucky to have him as our doctor! Thanks Dr. C you put the C in MiraCle! Sincerely the Dudko family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1296680].votes_count ]]