Rate Dr. James Wang

Dr. James Wang's Ratings

Secretary is the rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life. His secretary is supposed to represent him but she is not what I would want representing me. She NEEDS to go!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2718445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

So many earlier comments mention how rude the receptionist is.
My experience was the same. She is very rude and unhelpful to the patients.
Why has he not fired her by now, based on all the comments from other patients also.
She gives his office a poor reputation. Dr Wang was patient and friendly and time will tell how knowledgeable

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2676848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Just had a call from Dr. Wang's receptionist who is without a doubt the rudest person I have ever had to listen to. My son was referred to Dr Wang by Ajax hospital after being sick for four days and having no sleep. She called 30 minutes after he got home after being discharged from hospital and stated she had a cancelation today and he should be there in 90 minutes. As he was still in severe discomfort, being sick and in desparate need of sleep I explained to this ridiculous woman that he could not make the appointment. To this she replied " you will have to find yourself another Gastroenterologist" So glad this happened as I definitely do not want my son visiting this office, having to deal with this fool and a doctor that employ such a person.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2676311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Wonderful doctor. Punctual in the office and kind. Jokes around when appropriate and listens to you. Receptionist is rude and left Dr. Wang frustrated when not listening to his instructions. Bedside manner day-of procedure is spot on. Professional yet compassionate. Aside from receptionist, I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2447251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Had an informed and pleasant office visit that resulted in him and I deciding on a stomach scope. At the hospital he was punctual and professional. After the procedure he visited me at my bedside before I left to discuss his findings and was compassionate and informative. All in all a pleasant experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2447250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Did not enjoy my visit to Dr Wang attended with my husband. Receptionist not too friendly and really this is was the start of a bad visit. waited about 40 minutes which was not too bad for a specialist. Found Dr Wang had a very poor personality, I know his experience and expertise in his field is important but you need to feel you are been looked after well. I did not find my husband was been looked after very well. I felt during the consultation that I should intervene and say this, but I am sorry now I did not do so. We will return to our family dr and get another referral to another specialist. Sorry Dr Wang you and your secretary need to do a course in how to treat patients and make them feel welcome to your surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1297718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Receptionist is horrible & rude. Dr. Wang was kind & thorough in his tests & exams

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1297719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

WORST DOCTOR EVER...very possibly cost my husband his life. Did endoscope...didn't bother to biopsy the "areas of irritation"...different specialist, one year later, correctly diagnosed stage 4 gastric cancer. My husband was 57 years old...non smoker, non drinker, phys ed teacher etc etc with no family history of cancer. This doctor misdiagnosed him for almost two years as having severe acid reflux. My spouse took all medication and suggestions to heart. Very poorly run office too...husband showed up for an appointment to find office in darkness and was told by another doctor's secretary that the doctor was in Europe for a month and the office was closed. She said..."I think they tried to call everyone to cancel but I guess she ran out of time" (really????)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1297717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2013

Secretary is extremely rude, to say the least. She does return phone calls until a few days later. She's horrible. Dr. Wang is always running late. He seemed knowledgeable and caring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1297716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2011

I find Dr. Wang to be very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I was referred to him by my gyno, and although he did not feel the problem was gastro related, he still went to great lengths to help me. He did a colonoscopy to rule out what my gyno thought the problem was. He did a bunch of bloodwork to rule other things out, which my family doctor never did. So although I'm back to square one, at least he was willing to perform the procedure to rule it out, and is continuing to help me with my problems. Although he isn't on time for his appointments, tell me one specialist that is. They all have crazy wait times and it's really a small inconvenience when you consider the big picture. Even my family doctor is never on time. Dr. Wang performs procedures at the hospital in the mornings so I'm sure this is why he's late. Cut the guy some slack! He's helping other people way before your appointment is even made. Overall, I would recommend him to friends/family!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1297715].votes_count ]]