Dr. James Wang

Rate Dr. James Wang

Dr. James Wang's Ratings

Wonderful doctor. Punctual in the office and kind. Jokes around when appropriate and listens to you. Receptionist is rude and left Dr. Wang frustrated when not listening to his instructions. Bedside manner day-of procedure is spot on. Professional yet compassionate. Aside from receptionist, I would highly recommend him.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Had an informed and pleasant office visit that resulted in him and I deciding on a stomach scope. At the hospital he was punctual and professional. After the procedure he visited me at my bedside before I left to discuss his findings and was compassionate and informative. All in all a pleasant experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

Did not enjoy my visit to Dr Wang attended with my husband. Receptionist not too friendly and really this is was the start of a bad visit. waited about 40 minutes which was not too bad for a specialist. Found Dr Wang had a very poor personality, I know his experience and expertise in his field is important but you need to feel you are been looked after well. I did not find my husband was been looked after very well. I felt during the consultation that I should intervene and say this, but I am sorry now I did not do so. We will return to our family dr and get another referral to another specialist. Sorry Dr Wang you and your secretary need to do a course in how to treat patients and make them feel welcome to your surgery.

Submitted March 5, 2014 | flag

Receptionist is horrible & rude. Dr. Wang was kind & thorough in his tests & exams

Submitted Feb. 11, 2014 | flag

WORST DOCTOR EVER...very possibly cost my husband his life. Did endoscope...didn't bother to biopsy the "areas of irritation"...different specialist, one year later, correctly diagnosed stage 4 gastric cancer. My husband was 57 years old...non smoker, non drinker, phys ed teacher etc etc with no family history of cancer. This doctor misdiagnosed him for almost two years as having severe acid reflux. My spouse took all medication and suggestions to heart. Very poorly run office too...husband showed up for an appointment to find office in darkness and was told by another doctor's secretary that the doctor was in Europe for a month and the office was closed. She said..."I think they tried to call everyone to cancel but I guess she ran out of time" (really????)

Submitted Nov. 23, 2013 | flag

Secretary is extremely rude, to say the least. She does return phone calls until a few days later. She's horrible. Dr. Wang is always running late. He seemed knowledgeable and caring.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

I find Dr. Wang to be very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I was referred to him by my gyno, and although he did not feel the problem was gastro related, he still went to great lengths to help me. He did a colonoscopy to rule out what my gyno thought the problem was. He did a bunch of bloodwork to rule other things out, which my family doctor never did. So although I'm back to square one, at least he was willing to perform the procedure to rule it out, and is continuing to help me with my problems. Although he isn't on time for his appointments, tell me one specialist that is. They all have crazy wait times and it's really a small inconvenience when you consider the big picture. Even my family doctor is never on time. Dr. Wang performs procedures at the hospital in the mornings so I'm sure this is why he's late. Cut the guy some slack! He's helping other people way before your appointment is even made. Overall, I would recommend him to friends/family!

Submitted Nov. 28, 2011 | flag

worst dr i have ever seen if you have chrons stay away i was seeing him for six months and told i was to just keep takeing pills then i got feed up of the pills not working and being told they are i found a new specialist and have now gone for surgery to repair the problems that were there please do your research before seeing this doctor not happy at all thank you dr wang

Submitted Oct. 8, 2011 | flag

You will wait hours before you see the doctor, if he is even on time. Do not make an appointment if you cannot even show up. The receptionist is horrible. She is rude, unhelpful. If your are referred to this doctor ask for another referral

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Wang has completed three colonoscopies on me. I have always found him to be a good Dr., and I also find his secretary very pleasant and helpfull. Yes the waiting times are lengthy, but tryo going to other specialists and see if the waiting times are any better there. I have been to a number, and Dr. Wang is right up there with them. I will recommend his services to anyone. Think about how many Specialists like Dr. Wang there are in Durham Region today compared to thirty years ago, and then take a look at the population incerease, and think yourself lucky you are not south of the border.

Submitted March 2, 2011 | flag