Rate Dr. Irene Vanek

Dr. Irene Vanek's Ratings

Was seen by dr vanek few years back and she did a through visit then referred me to a retinal specialist at st mikes. However after being referred to her by my optometrist she faxed him back stating that my probl was not neuro and that a retinal specialist should be considered.well i did see a couple of retinal specialist and they can't find anything wrong. She refused to see me. I know she is very busy however i know for a fact that she does not see only pts for neuro ophthalmoogy but she sees anyone who is from the chec republic because that is ehere she is from. Also friends and chec pts get in right away even for sple eye problems i know this for a fact because the office worked in referred many pts to her. So thank you dr vanek for for picling snd choosing your picking and choosing who you will see. shame on you

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Vanek is an amazing doctor. She is an extremely thorough, compassionate, and caring doctor. She went above and beyond to make sure that I was ok to the extent of calling me at home after hours to ensure I got the message about an immediate MRI. Although extremely busy, she takes all the time necessary to deal with each patient and makes them feel at ease and important. She does not look at her clock and will not go home until every patient is seen and consulted. She answered all my questions that I had on numerous visits and ordered a plethora of tests to ensure that no stone was left unturned. She is an extremely brilliant and compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner--traits that most doctors unfortunately lack. I am happy to say I do not need to see her anymore but sad since she is the epitome of a professional, caring and competent doctor!!!

Submitted May 27, 2014 | flag

She's the best doctor ever seen her and care about her patient god bless her

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Vanek was so helpful and kind and knowledgable. I had to wait a bit to see her but once I was in there, she took her time wirh me and gave me her undivided attention.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Vanek is an amazing neuro-opthalmologist and my mother was her patient. If it weren't for her immediate care, my mother would have been blind within a few hours. She is very knowledgable; before seeing her, other opthalmologists tried to convince my mother that she was fine! She is very direct and her sense of humor might be difficult to catch at first but she is a very caring lady. Her care for her patients is genuine and I am very thankful for her help with my mom.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

Outstanding doctor: an expert in her field. With me, she was genuinely caring and compassionate, and my examination was comprehensive and thorough. She identified serious areas of concern that were missed by other esteemed doctors, and I am so grateful to have been referred to her. The quality of care that I received has set the bar to a whole new level.

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

My father's eye was saved because of the abilities of Dr. Vanek. Our brilliant experience with her has caused us to re-evaluate the level and standards we are prepared to accept in any future medical challenge. She stayed by our side during our entire hospital visit to make sure that the 'right' actions were being taken and that my father had the best outcome possible.

Submitted March 9, 2013 | flag

Very knowledgeable doctor BUT unwilling to prescribe medication for a condition which she knew the diagnois for fear of legal issues and her case before the Ontario Gov't for overcharging the system. When I questioned her as to why she wouldn' prescribe the meds she dropped me as a patient - the end result was he is now blind in one eye due to her negligence.

Submitted July 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Vanek has been my Opthalmologist for a several years now. She is highly experienced and knowledgeable. She explains things in a way I can understand and is always happy to answer my questions. When it comes to my vision, Dr. Vanek is the only one I trust.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2010 | flag

She is super specialized and GOD knows we NEED more specialists BUT 1. she refuses to discuss my dx with me 2. She will not answer my questions 3. Leaves my Occular Hypertension untreated, and 4. I find my dx when she discloses it to another patients doctor. No doubt she saves many people from going blind. She, however, is letting my eyesight go.

Submitted June 15, 2010 | flag