Rate Dr. James B. Corley

Dr. James B. Corley's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Corley's for 15 years. I have always found him to be very compassionate and when I am speaking to him I feel like I am the only person that matters to him then. He is also very bright. He draws on his years of experience but keeps himself up to date by taking courses. Dr. Corley also involves me in my care and insists on follow up.
I feel fortunate to have found such a caring and knowledgeable family doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

Dr.Corley is fabulous. He is VERY smart and I really like that if he is unsure of a diagnosis he isn't afraid to refer you on to a specialist. He is NOT a pill pusher, which all people may not like, but I appreciate :)
Some seem 'offput' by his slightly quirky personality, but keep in mind the man is a no nonsense genius! We LOVE Dr.Corley and hope he doesn't retire until we can find another doctor we trust as much as we do him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Corley used to be a great doctor, but seems to be going through some mental problems over the last couple of years or so. He has horrendous personal hygiene, weird twitches like randomly licking his stethoscope (eww), and talking to himself when he's thinking. While I think he is incredibly knowledgeable when he's having one of his "good days", he's just not stable. He can't keep staff or colleagues, and can't seem to keep his practice in one place for more than a couple of years. I seriously question his mental ability to offer medical support to people at this point. I have reached such a point of concern with his stability that I have considered writing a letter to the medical board. Definitely do no recommend Dr. Corley at this point.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr Corley is an extremely knowledgeable doctor. He is spot on with his diagnosis. He is very committed to the care of his patients and will do whatever it takes to find out the reason for your symptoms. He thinks outside of the box and is able to draw on his medical knowledge to try and find solutions to complex problems. Although he is a general practitioner I found him to be more knowledgeable than the majority of specialists we have seen. Do not be put off by his "bedside manner" as this shouldn't be the reason for rating a doctor. I am very impressed by this doctor's commitment to his patients and would recommend him to anyone who wants the best care a doctor can provide. He is straightforward and to the point and knows his stuff. It will be a very sad day when he retires. His receptionist is also awesome!!!! and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1298357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2013

I really wanted to take the time to put in my two cents. STAFF = AWFUL - the receptionist is not very friendly and unapologetic even with major errors on their part- WOW, bad! Can't win em all... PUNCTUAL = standard... It would be amazing if things ran on schedule but I often make my appointments on Saturdays (yes they're open sat) for this reason. I will take a late aptm for the care I receive from Corely any day! HELPFULNESS - Dr. Corely is the only doctor I have ever seen that has made me truly feel like I have someone on my team, in my corner there to help on my path. I have a lot of health issues and I never feel rushed. Yes sometimes he'll want to try something. Do not mistake this for lack of knowledge. He knows its a trial and will happily discuss how it went after you return and work with you to find a solution that will work if what was tried didn't. Super charasmatic in my opinion... perhaps it depends on your personality? Fantastic doctor that Im dreading the retirement of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1298356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Please come back to Calgary. I used to see you at the 17th ave clinic... I can not find another Doctor as caring and thoughtful as you were. :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1298355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Incredible! Yes, he is a little strange in some ways, & as someone previously commented, this may be a bit off-putting. But don't let this scare you away! He is a bastion of knowledge, is amazing at diagnosing & is willing to really do the leg work to rule things out & make sure you get the best care. I actually call up the walk-in clinic that he works in just to find out when he will be in, & then I travel half way across the city JUST to see him. I trust him, & if you engage him in regular conversation, you'll discover that he is also brilliant & funny. After 2 years of suffering with the same problem that at least 10-15 other doctors totally ignored & dismissed, within a couple of weeks he had me getting the right tests with the right doctors. I am currently getting treated for a pretty serious condition that was overlooked all this time! I also feel like I can be totally honest with him about my personal preferences/opinions/theories and he seriously takes them into consideration.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1298354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

We have seen Dr. Corley in Cochrane for several things over the last couple of years, and I have mixed reviews on his performance. When he is "on", he is bang on. But when he is rushed, he can make quick choices that aren't necessarily the best ones. He is an excellent diagnostician with an endless amount of knowledge, and can take a crazy long time with patients in order to understand their history. However, other times he can make quick (and not necessarily accurate) judgements without taking the proper amount of time to assess all factors. He also definitely has some quirks that may be off-putting for some. With that said though, I'd still recommend him as a doctor, with the disclaimer that you need to be prepared to ask a lot of questions, and know a bit about what your talking about to make sure everyone stays on track with best treatment options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1298353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

I have visited Dr. Corley several times and have found him to be very helpful and takes plenty of time to answer my questions. I respect his schedule when there are other people behind me but he has been very generous with his own time when there are no other patients waiting to the point I almost feel guilty for eating into his lunch break. He has also helped an immediate family member near the end of life. We greatly appreciated his above-and-beyond help and compassion, even to the point of his making a house call. I have not heard of a doctor doing that in over 40 years!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1298352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

After seeing him the second time, I realized he was very unprofessional. The first consultation took less than 3 mins. A few days later I visited him again because the drug he prescribed didn't work at all. He said there is no problem with his prescription. Later I found out from the pharmacy line that the drug he prescribed will not eliminate my problems but instead it will worsen my symptoms. Wrong prescription!!! I think he should not be a doctor at all. God helps those who go to him for help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1298351].votes_count ]]