Rate Dr. Neil Naftolin

Dr. Neil Naftolin's Ratings

Just had my last appointment after very successful bunion surgery last December. I couldn't be happier with the result. Staff were kind, efficient and punctual. Best money I have ever spent. I was not going to have bunion surgery as I had heard it is very painful when performed by an orthopaedic surgeon. A friend who had both bunions successfully fixed 10 years ago told me about Dr. Naftolin. From the moment I met Dr. Naftolin, I knew I was in good hands. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

The medical building charges an arm an a leg plus a foot for parking and it is not warranted. Office is old and not in great shape. Room was filthy. He mentioned that they put up drapes in the very same filthy place and operate to remove the bunion. The price was outrageous and at least for that the office should be clean. When I read further I am seeing a lot of differing opinions regarding minimal invasive surgery for bunions. Many of them feeling that it is not a permanent solution to the issue.

Not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2731916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I came to see Dr Naftolin after years of chronic foot pain and bunions. He was professional and took the time to discuss my options. I decided to go ahead with the bunion surgery and I am so glad we did it. Dr Naftolin and his staff took great care in making me feel very comfortable. He was extremely patient and took the time to answer any of my questions. He clearly explained the procedure and what was to be expected in my recovery. There were no surprises. And he made me laugh a lot!! The surgery was extremely successful, and I am so happy with the results. I have recommended him to many of friends and colleagues. It was worth the drive from Waterloo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2582452].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Naftolin is an amazing doctor and person. Always on time, his staff is super nice, he's funny and wonderful to be around. Had bunion surgery with him and now am pain free and am no longer embarrassed by my feet. Thank you so much Dr. Naftolin!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

No pain now, what can I say!!! thank you Dr. the joke is in the mail!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I went to my family doctor with a severe pain in the ball of my left foot and was told to visit a podiatrist. I picked Dr. Naftolin based on his stellar rating and I was so pleased with the experience and the outcome that I went to the trouble of creating a RateMDs account just so that I could add my own two cents worth. Even though the problem was on my left foot, Dr. Naftolin did a thorough exam of both of my feet and, besides fixing the original problem within a matter of minutes, he fixed a different problem on my right heel which had been a source of chronic pain for many years. Dr. Naftolin is one of the nicest, most pleasant and funniest doctors I have ever met. He took the time to answer all of my questions and his explanations were easy to understand. I was also very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of his office staff, in particular, his receptionist, Rita.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2483281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I had bunions on both feet for many years. Two surgeries were performed by an orthopaedic surgeon on my right foot many years ago. The bunion on my left foot got worse and the pain affected my lifestyle. The right big toe also started to bother me again. Dr. Naftolin performed the bunionectomy on my left foot and did a "minor adjustment" on my right foot. That was last August. I was able to resume long hikes since November and skiing since the beginning of December. I should have gone to Dr. Naftolin years ago.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1299916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

Take the time to review every positive quality you can think of. Now you have a very accurate description of Dr. Naftolin and his staff. Dr. Naftolin performed bunion surgery on my left foot this past summer. From the minute I walked in his office, until my final appointment this fall, I was treated like family by all. Dr. Naftolin is so very knowledgeable, and the passion for his field is obvious. At all times I knew exactly what was being done and what to expect during the healing process. Add to this his incredible sense of humour and remarkable array of jokes, and before I knew it, I found myself looking forward to my follow-up appointments. He also was able to assess and treat a painful foot problem unrelated to my bunion. I look forward (yes, look forward!) to returning to Dr. Naftolin's office in July for a second bunionectomy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1299915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

Run to see Dr. Naftolin, the most sweet, kind, gentle, reassuring, caring, sage and competent doctor I have ever met. I had put off having my bunion and hammertoes fixed for years. My fear of the pain was totally unwarranted. There was none. I was up and about immediately after surgery, just as he said, even going out for a steak dinner. Every stage went just as he said. Freezing took time but was also painless. Neil's constant stream of jokes during the entire surgery process kept me laughing the whole time. I could observe what I wanted and even took pictures. When my connection from out of town was delayed, he graciously fit me in. His staff also was very helpful and reassuring, even giving train and subway details. When I think about it, I may actually have looked forward to my appointments and great laughs with Dr. Neil. I know I will be happy to see him again at my final follow up appointment. Who would have thought surgery could be so uplifting in so many ways.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1299914].votes_count ]]