Rate Dr. Neil Naftolin

Dr. Neil Naftolin's Ratings

I went to my family doctor with a severe pain in the ball of my left foot and was told to visit a podiatrist. I picked Dr. Naftolin based on his stellar rating and I was so pleased with the experience and the outcome that I went to the trouble of creating a RateMDs account just so that I could add my own two cents worth. Even though the problem was on my left foot, Dr. Naftolin did a thorough exam of both of my feet and, besides fixing the original problem within a matter of minutes, he fixed a different problem on my right heel which had been a source of chronic pain for many years. Dr. Naftolin is one of the nicest, most pleasant and funniest doctors I have ever met. He took the time to answer all of my questions and his explanations were easy to understand. I was also very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of his office staff, in particular, his receptionist, Rita.

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

I had bunions on both feet for many years. Two surgeries were performed by an orthopaedic surgeon on my right foot many years ago. The bunion on my left foot got worse and the pain affected my lifestyle. The right big toe also started to bother me again. Dr. Naftolin performed the bunionectomy on my left foot and did a "minor adjustment" on my right foot. That was last August. I was able to resume long hikes since November and skiing since the beginning of December. I should have gone to Dr. Naftolin years ago.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

Take the time to review every positive quality you can think of. Now you have a very accurate description of Dr. Naftolin and his staff. Dr. Naftolin performed bunion surgery on my left foot this past summer. From the minute I walked in his office, until my final appointment this fall, I was treated like family by all. Dr. Naftolin is so very knowledgeable, and the passion for his field is obvious. At all times I knew exactly what was being done and what to expect during the healing process. Add to this his incredible sense of humour and remarkable array of jokes, and before I knew it, I found myself looking forward to my follow-up appointments. He also was able to assess and treat a painful foot problem unrelated to my bunion. I look forward (yes, look forward!) to returning to Dr. Naftolin's office in July for a second bunionectomy.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

Run to see Dr. Naftolin, the most sweet, kind, gentle, reassuring, caring, sage and competent doctor I have ever met. I had put off having my bunion and hammertoes fixed for years. My fear of the pain was totally unwarranted. There was none. I was up and about immediately after surgery, just as he said, even going out for a steak dinner. Every stage went just as he said. Freezing took time but was also painless. Neil's constant stream of jokes during the entire surgery process kept me laughing the whole time. I could observe what I wanted and even took pictures. When my connection from out of town was delayed, he graciously fit me in. His staff also was very helpful and reassuring, even giving train and subway details. When I think about it, I may actually have looked forward to my appointments and great laughs with Dr. Neil. I know I will be happy to see him again at my final follow up appointment. Who would have thought surgery could be so uplifting in so many ways.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Neil was outstanding! I suffer from Parkinson disease and have had extreme pain in my feet and in particular one toe. The pain made every day life very difficult. I have tried many different ways advised by my primary Parkinson dr and nothing has helped. As a last resort I was referred to Dr. Naftolin and he patiently explained what minor surgery he recommended and allowed me lots of time to reflect and decide what to do and when I was comfortable, he performed the surgery in his office without pain and after I had little discomfort and once healed, I am very pleased to say that my horrible foot pain is completely gone and its like I have a new lease on life. Neil is patient, extremely knowledgable and painless and very very funny. I highly recommend him!!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2013 | flag

I was treated by Dr. Naftolin a week ago for a mallet toe surgery on my left foot. This was the first surgery I ever had in my life and I was very nervous about doing the surgery. He put my mind at ease by patiently explaining to me the surgery and recovery process. The recovery process was fast and I had felt a very limited amount of pain. He is an extremely knowledgeable and experienced doctor. His staffs were very friendly and warming. Much like the comments made in the previous threads on this website, he is one of the best foot doctors in Toronto and I will definitely recommend him to anyone. I came across Dr. Naftolin on the WebMD site and I use this site for my other medical services as the comments provided by the patients tend to be very reliable.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Naftolin is a great podiatrist. He saved my toe after 3 previous operations from another podiatrist. He was persistent and confident in his approach. After several visits with other podiatrists I felt he was the one I could trust. I would recommend him to anyone who is having any toe or foot complications. Besides healing my toe, he is also a pleasure to talk with and always has a great joke waiting for you! God bless him! I would love to revisit with him for future treatments, but hope never for the same reasons. Thank you.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

I am thrilled to be Dr. Naftolin's patient. He is an expert in how to treat plantar fibromatosis. He reassured me my conditions were improving and gave me confidence that he can treat any one of my various foot issues. My spouse sees him as well and so I had the inside scoop about his dry sense of humour (which we both quite enjoy). Thank you Dr. N for putting my concerns at ease! A doctor who definitely knows his stuff!

Submitted June 6, 2013 | flag

I had my bunions and hummer toes operated on both feet. Both conditions were at very advanced stages of deformation. The result is fantastic – no scars, normal feet. I do not have to use any of the foot protectors as did before to be able to wear regular shoes (not to mention ski boots). Dr. Naftolin had explained to me the whole procedure and answered all my questions. The surgeries (3 weeks apart) went very well. I could drive1 week after the left foot and 3 weeks after right foot were operated on. For pain I only used maybe 2 Tylenol tablets. He is a wonderfull doctor with great sense of humor. He can keep the patient very relaxed – a great attribute! The staff are very friendly and helpful. This has been a most positive experience through and through and I would have no hesitation recommending Dr. Naftolin (and, in fact , I already have!). Thank you Dr. Naftolin. H.M

Submitted May 27, 2013 | flag

After researching options to treat my bunion, I finally decided on removal surgery as the most effective, permanent solution. I read the reviews on RateMDs.com and subsequently met with two podiatrists and one orthopedic surgeon before deciding to go with Dr. Naftolin. I can honestly and wholeheartedly say that all the positive comments are true since he is knowledgeable, funny and his staff are very caring. I had the surgery back in October 2012 and afterwards was able to walk out of his office unassisted just as he told me I could. He and his staff made the whole procedure very comfortable for me. I had my last follow up appointment today as I am now fully recovered with range of motion and toe strength restored. The results were amazing! Having spoken with other patients while waiting at previous appointments, they all praised the great work that Dr. Naftolin has done to improve their mobility. It is worth booking a consultation to see for yourself if you suffer from foot pain.

Submitted May 21, 2013 | flag