Rate Dr. Ken Skeith

Dr. Ken Skeith's Ratings

I needed special treatment, and I got it! He's an old school kind of physician. But he's getting the job done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

When i went in to see Dr.Skeith im always fairly skeptical of any new doctor due to my past exp. he seemed nice until he saw my age then he seemed to lose the smile and went all business. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about but basically told me straight across that i should never jog again unless i would like to walk in my later years and also to look into a career change. He wrote me a sheet of three different anti-inflamitories and a clinic to go to then by the time i looked up from the sheet he gave me he was gone. He never actually gave me an answer to some of my questions as well... Im very hesitant to go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Very grateful to Dr.Skeith for diagnosing and treating me. My longstanding problems had been dismissed multiple times and I think I had fallen into the "difficult patient" blackhole. If you need smart this is the doc for you. His kindness and willingness to explain... icing on the cake. Many thanks Dr.Skeith.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Skeith's for about 7 years now. At first I wasn't sure about him, but as I've gotten to know him better I am very satisfied with him being my rheumatologist. He is extremely knowledgeable about my AS and always does the required testing to be able to diagnose me correctly. He does prescribe me pain medications but always tells me to use them "as needed". He will even tell me the side effects expected from some of the drugs. I feel very happy to have him as my doctor and hope he doesn't retire for a heck of a long time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

I am surprised to see all of the comments about Dr. Skeiths' bedside manner. I find him to be very personable and compassionate while maintaining his professionality. He diagnosed my FMS on the spot where other doctors failed to identify what was causing my chronic pain. He told me what the options were and seemed to be up to date on current research. He confirmed and applauded my belief in excercise, citing how difficult it can be to convince patients with my condition that this is the best treatment, MOVEMENT. I don't think he is being judgmental about your weight, those of you whom have stated this, I think he is just frustrated that you are making your FMS symptoms much worse by being inactive. Take my word for it, join a yoga class, go swimming, just go walking. You don't have to overdo it, just move!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2011

I am rather surprised at some of the comments here! After 10 long years of pain after surviving cancer, and many visits to other doctor's who told me that I had to expect to feel the way I did after the amount of radiation and chemo I had received - and afterall I should just be happy I am alive!!!... Dr. Skeith diagnosed my arthritus and I can now function normally with MUCH less pain and way more engergy. I did not seek out a Doctor to find a friend - I was looking for answers and found them. My life has changed 100% to the positive now that I am at a manageable pain level. Yes, he did tell me I would feel less pain if I lost some weight and he was right. I would recommend Dr. Skeith.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2010

Nice if he told the truth about seeing xrays. Totally useless. Made disparaging remarks about a colleague too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

I don't see him all that often, when I do I don't think he is all that helpful with my arthritec condition and he does not return phone calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2010

I am really surprised to read some of the comments. I have been seeing Dr. Skeith for the last almost 15 years (since I was 19). He is the amazing person who was able to look at me (and despite being overweight) see the very rare autoimmune disease I have. No one else had ever suspected Dermatomyositis. I am thankful for such a wonderful compassionate doctor that has stood by me to help treat my very difficult case of DM. I have not felt bounced around on different meds but I also appreciate his willingness to try something new when something else is no longer working after several years. I am surprised by the bedside manner comments as well as I have alway enjoyed my appointments and felt like Dr. Skeith is more like a father than an uncaring doctor. I am so grateful to have found such a wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2010

Dr. Skeith treated my husband for rare autoimmune diseases. He also treated my mom. I am there when my husband is. Dr. Skeith is pleasant, knows alot about his specialty and treats us with great respect. In fact I look forward to my husbands appointments and would highly recommend Dr. Skeith. As for his assistants I do not know their names but they have always been most polite and helpful. Perhaps if your rude you get rude and if your pleasant you get pleasant!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1300235].votes_count ]]