Dr. Victor Chapnik

Rate Dr. Victor Chapnik

Dr. Victor Chapnik's Ratings

I am trying to write this at a time when I am less angry. Dr. Chapnik has been our family doctor for a number of years. I recently changed family doctor's for myself and my kids. My wife continues to see him. I have spoken to Dr. Chapnik on multiple occasions to inform him that my wife suffers from a serious addiction to prescription painkillers. In his opinion I don't have an MD behind my name so I am not qualified to make a diagnosis. So using that same logic I guess you have to be a doctor to know you are living with an alcoholic?! He continues to prescribe the pills to her even though they have caused immeasurable suffering to our whole family, my wife included, for a decade and a half now. I honestly can't believe the arrogance he displays. He hides behind patient confidentiality. I get the strong feeling that rather then look for other solutions for her migraines he continues to give her pills because he doesn't want to listen to me. Please be careful if seeing him for pain!!!!!!

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. chapnik's for about 5 years or maybe 4 since moving to Aurora. If i had done a review a few years ago it might be just as negative as some of the other comments. HOWEVER, alot has changed. I was initially just going to read other reviews but i think the negative comments don't hold up in 2013. I decided i should create an account just to defend him.....He's been very professional and helpful... The staff is alot better, they DID have unfriendly and incompetant staff a few years ago but not now. ANd they are not unorganized like they were. I can only speak for myself, but i think he really knows his stuff...lol, ok he's supposed to, but i mean he has been thorough with me....and friendly. I noticed that they seem to be swamped with patients, and at times it can get hectic. He is NOT punctual, but that would be my only complaint. And Dr. trevor Berns has been excellent when Dr. chapnik has been away. I would recommend him now....no question.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Chapnik's for over three years, and I am very happy with his services. At first, he did seem a bit distant-- however, as he got to know me he has become much more personable. He looks me in the eye and spends ample time talking to me about my medication, and my stressors in life. I am schizophrenic and it took me trying a few different meds until we found a combination that helped me. He was sensitive to my concern about antipsychotics causing weight gain, and helped me to find one without this side effect. I also have issues with addiction. He has always treated me with compassion and respect in this regard, while other doctors have treated me like a criminal. He did insist on a drug test once, but after the test came back exactly as I stated it would, he knows I am honest with him and has not pressed the issue again. He always fills out my paperwork accurately, and the other staff have always been friendly and helpful.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

I can't believe some of information I'm reading about Dr. Chapnik. I have always found him to be extremely thorough, pleasant to talk to and runs a very good office. He's very knowledgeable; always hit the mark with me. He is not arrogant at all. He completes his testing and will call you if anything is amiss. His staff are helpful, accommodating and pleasant to deal with. They take their time to speak to you. They run a walk-in clinic as well but give preferred service to their regular patients. I've been seeing him now for a few years and am very thankful for all they have done for me.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

after waiting for more than 2.5 hours after the time of the appointment chapnicks opinion was that "its the patients problem". he doesn't care if you wait, he doesn't care if he overbooks he deliberately wants to. clearly patients are cattle to hearded and billed. he put more effort into trying to sell extra services than diagnosing the problem i asked about

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag

Staff rude and arrogant, here is my example of the type of doctor Chapnick is, I arrive one morning early because I had a few refills that I needed and hate sitting for hours watching the worst customer service examples anywhere by his staff...Now remember nobody was in the waiting room,I guess it was more important to him to show his self importance and make me wait half hour for no reason..When he finally saw me him I pulled my list out with 5 things I need to discuss ( nothing important refills and a sports injury question)he saw the note an immediate said "you can only discuss 3 things on that list with me or you will have to make another appiontment" !!!!!..Hello OHIP ! I see him less than once a year and this is one of the first things out of his mouth..nice touch Vic, oh yes..still nobody in the waiting room when I left..shaking my head.pathetic !! Give his office a call if you want to hear why the people are commenting like this.if you need proof and yes the phones working

Submitted July 21, 2010 | flag

we have always found Dr. Chapnik to be very smart and helpful. He knows when to refer to a specialist and really seems to care. maybe a little too busy but worth the wait.

Submitted July 11, 2010 | flag

the last post must have been from this doctor as he is the worst doctor i have ever had in 50 years of life. he has no clue what hes doing and he is dangerous. what doctor changes your meds that are keeping you alive and tells u to come back in 3 months. i went to this man 6 times in a row over 6 months to have 1 paper filled out and still the man hasn't filled out the paper. never have i been treated so bad by a doctor. heres one for you. why would you send a 18 year old with a steel rod in his leg to physio when he came to ask the so called doctor to have the bar removed because the screws were coming out from his skin. i will be getting a second opinion on everything this man has done and i will be making a formal complaint about this man. really what other doctor in Ontario is always taking new patients. Can you imagine being told to come back another time by the doctor because he wants to go home at 430 pm. this guy is unreal.

Submitted July 8, 2010 | flag

I'm happy to say Dr Chapnik is my family dr for my family and I. I love that he takes the time to listen and resolve what the matter is. I love he's thorough with my 3 children. I find him pleasant and never rude. I love his staff always helpful and cheerful.

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag