Dr. David Bakish

Rate Dr. David Bakish

Dr. David Bakish's Ratings

Dr. Bakish is the worst psychiatrist ever. You cannot make a proper diagnosis in 10 minutes as Bakish tried with me too. I can say this because the next psychiatrist completely reversed Bakish's diagnosis saying there was NOTHING wrong with me except some bad life events and physical ailments and this was after spending 3 hours with me and an hour with my husband. Dr. Backish's ego does not like to be disagreed with because I indeed disagreed with him for 10 minutes unsuccessfully. I took his pills and the result was disastrous and I should have sued him. Avoid this psychiatrist you could be misdiagnosed with serious consequences or at least get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

Made a diagnosis in 10 mins. Based on questions about my favourite foods, colours, etc. Prescribed very powerful anti-psychotic and anti-convulsants that had debilitating and horrifying side-effects. This man is a black mark on the profession.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2447380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Only believes in pills. Refuses to consider any other treatment for PTSD, even with proven studies backing CBT or other alternatives. Has caused more damage to an already broken person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1304125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

How can someone in just 10 mins cure you? Pills,pills and more pills.....that's his answer to everything. Very unhappy with him overall...but yes, he's a nice guy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1304123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Diagnosed me in less than 10 minutes. Everything he said ended up being proven wrong within a few months with other health-care providers who actually take the time to listen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1304122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Dr. Bakish diagnosed me after a few minutes-and it was the wrong diagnosis. (he asked me what my favourite fruit and colour were!) Was prescribed a cocktail of drugs I did not need. The drugs aggravated my condition. Fortunately, someone got it right a couple years later!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1304121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

Met this doctor for 15 min and told me the problem i have is that ive been given generic brand medication which has more side effect than the "real" medication!!! I recomend him highly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1304120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Spoke inappropriately. Diagnosed after 10 min based on previous doctor's report. Disregarded any symptoms that didn't fit with diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1304119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

Dr. Bakish is more than just a wonderful and caring man, he's quite simply saved my life. After over 12 years, he finally gave me some much needed answers! In a short period of time he was able to diagnose me and give me answers that no other doctor has been able to. Just by his diagnoses I felt that a HUGE weight was lifted off my shoulders......thank you dr.bakish, you are a God send!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1304118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Yes, he is a psychopharmacologist, and the half hour that I spent with him was the best move I'd ever made. He made sure that none of my drugs interacted with each other, prescribed an antidepressant, and I loved him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1304117].votes_count ]]