Rate Dr. Jason Alexander

Dr. Jason Alexander's Ratings

I went to Dr. Alexander for an eye exam at his FYI Doctors location in Sherwood Park and it was a bad experience. He was delayed coming into the exam room and was rushed throughout the exam. My exam took longer than expected because he found that I needed prism lenses and this required additional testing. At the end of the exam, I checked out the frames offered at his shop and found them to be very expensive. So I took my prescription and bought new glasses at another store. When I went back to Dr. Alexander for a follow-up check, he became very agitated and insulting when he saw that I had bought my glasses elsewhere. He called my glasses cheap and stated that he had wasted his time with me because I did not take advantage of the high end lenses that he offers for sale. He was only interested in selling me lenses and frames! To sum up, I found Dr. Alexander to be unprofessional and rude. He has dollar signs for pupils.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

My family have been going to Dr Alexander for the past 10 years. He is very knowledgeable, very personable and great with kids. He is very thorough and explains the purpose of each exam. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I saw Dr. Alexander and was very impressed with his thoroughness and caring. I was also impressed with the technology at his office. I was amazed to see the picture of the inside of my eye! He explained everything to me very well and even did some extra tests to make sure I am not getting glaucoma. I then took my kids to see him and can't tell you how happy we were with our experience. My kids just loved him and they can't wait to come back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I took my son in to see Dr. Alexander and we will never come back! He told me that my son needed to do eye exercises and that it was my fault that we hadn't brought him in earlier. He didn't change the prescription and told me to go and get new glasses anyways cuz the current frames were out of date. Seems like he was more interested in making money than helping us. The staff was snotty and tried to get us to buy the most expensive pair of glasses there. I had enough and took him elsewhere. Only bright spot was that he was on time. Good on ya Dr. Alexander

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Alexander is our family's eye doctor. My kids really enjoy gong to see him as he makes the procedures seem less intimidating and explains everything. Great demeanor and very friendly. Always seems interested in what we've been up to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

great doctor, he is very thorough with your appt he treats you like a human and takes the time and is very caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Very caring and knowledgeable. He has a great memory and is very thorough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2011

My sister and I have been going to see Dr. Alexander since we were kids. He is very knowledgeable, always has a smile for us and takes his time in making sure we understand everything that is going on with our eyes and thorough with any instructions he gives for us to take care of our eyes. Since he is a really great optometrist it is sometimes difficult to get an appointment scheduled when you wish you could.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I've been looking for an optomitrist in Sherwood Park for about 10 years. Been thru about 4 now, until I found Dr. Alexander. He was recommended to me and after visiting him, I know why. Very personable and knowledgable. Usually on time, but the one time he was about 15 minutes behind, he apologized! Takes the necessary time with you to make sure you have your answers. 100% recommendation!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I hate going to have my eyes checked but dr. Alexander makes it a pleasant experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305907].votes_count ]]