Rate Dr. Nabih I. Abdou

Dr. Nabih I. Abdou's Ratings

Dr Abdou promised he would be able to heal me. I have CVID. He treats by trough levels only. If you need an increase on you IVIG he is NOT your dr. I now have to go out of state to see someone that CAN treat me.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2011 | flag

Seems to be getting too old. Good Doctor, but I have to talk very slowly for him to understand me. His nurse doesn't seem to be on top of things. I'm not getting any better.

Submitted April 24, 2010 | flag

Great medical detective. I first discovered Dr. Abdou in the mid-90's. I had alot of symptoms and pain and was miserable. Went to many doctors that did nothing - ran worthless tests. Went to him - told him my symptoms - he did a pain test on trigger points and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Handed me a brochure and advised me what to do and what to take and slowly I was able to get control back. I still have some symptoms but understand what is happening in my body and what I need to do when it gets to be a problem. Years later - in 2004 I became ill - once again saw numerous doctors with no success & Dr. Abdou solved my problem. My only complaint is that he has you go to an internist for maintenance of problem. Doctors trust his diagnosis/treatment. I don't know if Dr. Abdou is exceptional or if most doctors are just worthless - but happy with results.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2009 | flag

Dr Abdou is the most knowledgeable doctor on immunology there is. I'd been to many doctors of all kinds of specialties and he's the only one who knew what was wrong with me and could treat it too. I had continued illness and hospitalizations for 2 years (and no life) until I saw him and was diagnosed. It's worth the wait to see him!

Submitted June 30, 2009 | flag

I had insurance coverage, just not one that was listed. I already had a diagnosis of IgG deficiency but had unusual, painful knots show up in my arms. Dr. Abdou was very nice and explained what he thought was going on but when the test (the two things he thought might be going on) came back negative, he just thought I needed to be reassured that nothing serious was going on. When I called back and talked to his nurse about what I needed to do about the painful knots, she said I'd have to find another doctor to treat the pain. I felt like I was considered a drug seeker and the very opposite is true. Anyway, after much research and several doctors, I have a diagnosis of Dercum's disease. I felt like Dr. Abdou just blew me off rather than to keep searching for a diagnosis.

Submitted July 16, 2008 | flag

I was diagnosed immediately by Dr. Abdou with a rare, and severe allergic reaction to the flu vaccine-after our ER doctor and my personal doctor had NO IDEA what was going on with me. They told me I had the flu and to go home. Dr. Abdou literally saved my life. He is incredibly educated and up to date and has helped several of my friends and associates who had gone misdiagnoed for years. After being diagnosed and treated by Dr. Abdou, they have never felt better. If you have a serious unresolved health issue, this is the Dr. you want to go to. He is not only well-educated and up to date, but thorough and deliberate about finding the right diagnosis and treating it appropriately. Why continue to suffer. You deserve the best.

Submitted July 6, 2008 | flag

Well educated, very informative and helpful to all he treats. Treats everyone with respect that we all deserve. Explains things if you do not understand. Does not miss a things. Great Doctor!

Submitted June 12, 2008 | flag

I have a rare immune disorder, CVID. Dr. Abdou was the first doctor to educate me on my disease and treat it. I had seen several physicians, including one in his specialty field. Some didn't even know what was wrong. Dr. Abdou takes the time to listen to all your concerns, educate you, and treat the person. I can not say enough great things about him, I truly think he has saved my life!!

Submitted April 19, 2008 | flag

As a previous ICU nurse, I can assure you that Dr. Abdou is brilliant. He is like a little encyclopedia of rheumatology and has even encouraged me to relocate to CA after I described my symptoms there. He goes out on the line to give you his thoughts and to give you the best of care. He's very efficient, WAIT to get in to see him no matter how many months it takes. He's very kind, compassionate & even found a rare very rare autoimmune disease with my aunt and now she's never been healthier since being a part of this study. He's up to date on every single aspect of medicine. The only downfall would be that his partner Dr. Houston has to take call and is a zero as far as emotional intellegence. Hopefully you will always have Dr. Abdou on call if you are ill.

Submitted March 23, 2007 | flag

I have been to several doctors since I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease 6 years ago. He is by far the most caring and dedicated physician I have ever worked with.

Submitted July 10, 2006 | flag