You may also like

Rate Dr. Benjamin H. Venger

Dr. Benjamin H. Venger's Ratings

Very busy medical office. Forty five minutes after my scheduled appointment time I asked the desk clerk if she knew about how long the wait might be, and she gave me a dirty look and said as you can see your not the only one waiting, and told me I'd be called when it was my turn. Basically I felt treated like a child being told I was to be seen and not heard unless spoken too. I waited another full hour, (almost two hours total) before I was finally called back to sit in a room and wait some more. I was prescribed a medication no area pharmacy could fill, and by the time I got home I was crying in pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2830644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Never again. I need to spend half a day waiting to see a doctor for a refill like I need a hole in the head.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2732925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

We have never seen such an incredibly busy medical office. At the very last visit we had to wait in the car until a seat opened up in the lobby, but more patients kept coming in. One man was so upset he left after waiting too long. We can understand falling behind once in a while due to the important things which take place in a doctors office, but this has happened at every visit. Then to make matters harder, we have to hunt pharmacies to find our medication, and then wait there too. We really don't understand how the Doctor and his staff could possibly think seeing 60, 70, 80 patients a day every day is practicing quality medicine. Things will surely be missed. There is no way quality patient / doctor time can be achieved. Something needs to happen before a patient or two become collateral damage.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2731083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Venger for several years. He takes the time to listen to you, and being a former neuro surgeon, he's seen more than other pain doctors. Some doctors just hand out pills, not there, you sign a pain contract, and get drug tests regularly. He does the medical cannabis certifications for Arizona ADHS. This has helped myself and other patients to reduce, or stop taking opioids in favor of medical cannabis. The bad, there is a high turnover of office staff, so the who cares factor is sometimes high. If nothing has changed, even if you have an appointment, anyone who signs in ahead of you, gets seen ahead of you. The doctors are great, so if you don't mind waiting......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Dr. Venger is a pain management specialist and former neurosurgeon. If you're looking for a "Doctor Feelgood" that will load you up on pain meds, keep looking. Venger will give you the meds you need, but his approach is to actively pursue the source of your pain and treat that. The goal is to eliminate the source, not just mask it with drugs. Unfortunately, can't say the same about some of the other pain management guys in the area. I've been going to him for about 4 months now. So far I'm very impressed with him. He listens - doesn't just pass you off to an assistant. New facilities (nice) and a great staff. Have recommended him to others and they feel the same. Wish there were more doctors like him..!! Steve G. Bullhead City AZ

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

Great pain doc, doesn't just give pain pills, but tries to use other treatments. He thinks medical marijuana can help patients, and writes Arizona Medical Marijuana certifications for his patients. I have cut my opioid pain meds by more than half using medical marijuana, and after being disabled for 20 years, returned to work part time. If your looking for a good pain doctor, he really cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr Venger did my disk surgery 3 years ago and I had immediate relief after surgery. It was worth traveling 100 miles to have this done by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2010

Really A great doctor!! He performed surgery on my mother and I had many questions for him. He answered everything I asked concerning her. My mom is doing great now!! Dr. Venger has truly been a blessing to my mother and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2009

A neighbor recommended Dr. Venger to me. I was at the end of my rope and in so much back pain from a traffic accident that left me twisted and really in agony. Being afraid of any additional new pains I was comforted to learn from Dr. Venger of his nerve block procedures and the subsequent wonderful relief I felt after my pain injections. He is caring and understanding and when need be I will make the trip back to his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2114846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2009

I've found Dr Venger is not very knowledgable with Pain Management. He's given my husband the shots in his spine with no results, even when being guided by his associate Dr. Kane. He's not certified with BCBS, so billing is a problem. I find he doesn't follow thru, I've been waiting for an MRI for 4 months. I cannot tell if he knows about Nerosurgery because I would not trust him to work on me. He's not very knowledgeable in Pain Management.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2114845].votes_count ]]