Rate Dr. John Kell

Dr. John Kell's Ratings

Awful receptionist who left me feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable about my problem. When going to a doctor I expect people in their staff to be sensitive to the issues of their patients. Never have I been so mistreated and embarrassed by a doctor's staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr Kell has done tow surgeries on my son. I find him a good Doctor,however not impressed with his receptionist. One of the rudest ignorant people I have ever come across should not be working in the medical field as a receptionist. She has turned me off for attending back Dr Kells ever again. lacks customer service and requires training and attitude adjustment. Not happy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Awful with children, terrible bedside manner. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I found that the receptionist was exceptional. She was able to book appointments in a timely fashion. The clinic is very busy and I found her response to phone calls to be punctual.
Dr. J. Kell is a specialist who knows his subject matter. If you are looking for hand holding and an emotional connection to your doctor, I suggest that you find a support system outside of the realm of "Specialist." If you are looking for exceptional knowledge and detail to condition specific diagnosis and treatment, he is highly skilled. All questions pertaining to the procedure and possible outcomes were explained in detail, when initiative was taken by the client to ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr Kell did two of my surgeries for reccurrent kidney stones. At first I thought he was somewhat compassionate and human/humane. I have a long history of kidney problems including horrible procedures done when I was a little girl. I hate cystoscopies, very traumatic for me. When he recommended I have one I told him, "only with good drugs". He said I had an "issue" with cystoscopies. Umm, yes I do...they are invasive, unpleasant and can really hurt!! He knew I was very nervous about removal of stent as a previous one had gotten infected and landed me back in hospital for two days. He was so cold, unsympathetic during procedures to remove stents despite the fact that I was (quietly) distressed. Both times had horrible, worst pain ever from loosened blood clots. Second time I went back to emerge in agony. Now I am having worse symptoms, pain, blood in urine, reccurring infections and mild hydronephrosis. Have been to emerge 3 times in one month. When I saw Kell he told me that hydronephrosis mkay just be "normal" for me.

His receptionist is something...again initially I thought she was good, and for some reason she seemed to like me. Her hubby gets kidney stones so you would think she would be compassionate. Nope! Terrible terrible telephone manners. Incomprehensible and very rude on the phone. I am so glad I am leaving Dr. Kell's "care".

I am not surprised that so many negative comments here are from women who were told that their pain is "in their head" or they should see a psychiatrist. I can totally see Kell saying that. I kinda hope his wife gets kidney stones!!.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I have dealt with Dr. Kell for about five months dealing with kidney stone issues. I've undergone several operative procedures, incl. ureteroscopy, lithotripsy. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Kell. He is one of the most approachable, down-to-earth physicians I have ever met. He has always taken the time to answer questions and weigh options. I have full confidence in his abilities and my personal experiences have been very positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I saw this Dr based on problems I was having with my bladder, he was rude, insensitive and it was an absolute terrible experience. I was given no pain management for the cystoscopy or afterwards. And as other women have said I was also told "to see a psychiatrist" when I was laying in the procedure room he came in and said "where do I know you from and what are you here for" not very reassuring when you are about to undergo a procedure. I later found out I do have bladder problems and a horse shoe kidney - so no it was not all in my head as he had suggested. I now need to be treated by a urologist and have been avoiding it because of the terrible experience I had with Dr Kell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1308441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

A highly intelligent individual who shows great understanding for your needs. Is even President of the Society of Urologic Surgeons of Ontario at the time of this posting. A truly personable chap and a credit to his profession. Helped me with my low testosterone problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1308440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

Had my vasectomy done with Dr Kell. In the pre-meet he was very informative. His assistant seemed fine to me, contrary to what others here have said. I highly recommend you take a couple of heavy painkillers BEFORE you go for the procedure as it really is MUCH worse than they say. Also, expect two weeks of serious discomfort after...recognize that we all heal very differently. Overall the guy got the job done great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1308439].votes_count ]]