Rate Dr. John Kell

Dr. John Kell's Ratings

I decided not to go back to Dr. Kell again based on his receptionist. I honestly questioned his judgement based on the fact that he still continues to employ her when she the most unprofessional, rude and miserable human being I have ever had the displeasure of encountering in my life. I complained to Dr. Kell about her and he wasn't remotely interested. Having read the complaints regarding her on this website I now know I made the right decision. The only way she can still possibly be employed by him is to be related to him otherwise, no one in their right mind would continue to employ her. She's a terrible reflection on you Dr. Kell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

HORRIBLE RECEPTIONIST...My God!! I don't know how she is working in the medical field. no manners or whatsoever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Would be nice if his receptionist was a little more friendly and a lot less condescending. Also would be nice if he'd told me I needed to see him more often instead of finding out just before my prescription is up. All I was told was to call in for a prescription renewal and it's now been refused.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2716451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

Dr Kell performed surgery on my year-old son. He was very knowledgeable and helpful both during the pre-op, day of surgery and follow-up. Dr Kell recommended follow-up surgery from another specialist for my son due to the complicated nature of the procedure. We were pleased with the manner in which our son's care was provided from Dr. Kell. However, the complete lack of courtesy and rudeness of his receptionist should be noted. She is not helpful, or responsive to inquiries from patients, when following up on the referal, was told "not my problem" and that she didn't know who we were (nor care to investigate) which is completely unacceptable and only when I insisted that she investigate did she take my number to call me back with a status of the referal which is over a month outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Awful receptionist who left me feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable about my problem. When going to a doctor I expect people in their staff to be sensitive to the issues of their patients. Never have I been so mistreated and embarrassed by a doctor's staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr Kell has done tow surgeries on my son. I find him a good Doctor,however not impressed with his receptionist. One of the rudest ignorant people I have ever come across should not be working in the medical field as a receptionist. She has turned me off for attending back Dr Kells ever again. lacks customer service and requires training and attitude adjustment. Not happy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Awful with children, terrible bedside manner. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I found that the receptionist was exceptional. She was able to book appointments in a timely fashion. The clinic is very busy and I found her response to phone calls to be punctual.
Dr. J. Kell is a specialist who knows his subject matter. If you are looking for hand holding and an emotional connection to your doctor, I suggest that you find a support system outside of the realm of "Specialist." If you are looking for exceptional knowledge and detail to condition specific diagnosis and treatment, he is highly skilled. All questions pertaining to the procedure and possible outcomes were explained in detail, when initiative was taken by the client to ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577107].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr Kell did two of my surgeries for reccurrent kidney stones. At first I thought he was somewhat compassionate and human/humane. I have a long history of kidney problems including horrible procedures done when I was a little girl. I hate cystoscopies, very traumatic for me. When he recommended I have one I told him, "only with good drugs". He said I had an "issue" with cystoscopies. Umm, yes I do...they are invasive, unpleasant and can really hurt!! He knew I was very nervous about removal of stent as a previous one had gotten infected and landed me back in hospital for two days. He was so cold, unsympathetic during procedures to remove stents despite the fact that I was (quietly) distressed. Both times had horrible, worst pain ever from loosened blood clots. Second time I went back to emerge in agony. Now I am having worse symptoms, pain, blood in urine, reccurring infections and mild hydronephrosis. Have been to emerge 3 times in one month. When I saw Kell he told me that hydronephrosis mkay just be "normal" for me.

His receptionist is something...again initially I thought she was good, and for some reason she seemed to like me. Her hubby gets kidney stones so you would think she would be compassionate. Nope! Terrible terrible telephone manners. Incomprehensible and very rude on the phone. I am so glad I am leaving Dr. Kell's "care".

I am not surprised that so many negative comments here are from women who were told that their pain is "in their head" or they should see a psychiatrist. I can totally see Kell saying that. I kinda hope his wife gets kidney stones!!.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570236].votes_count ]]