Rate Dr. John Kell

Dr. John Kell's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I have dealt with Dr. Kell for about five months dealing with kidney stone issues. I've undergone several operative procedures, incl. ureteroscopy, lithotripsy. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Kell. He is one of the most approachable, down-to-earth physicians I have ever met. He has always taken the time to answer questions and weigh options. I have full confidence in his abilities and my personal experiences have been very positive.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

I saw this Dr based on problems I was having with my bladder, he was rude, insensitive and it was an absolute terrible experience. I was given no pain management for the cystoscopy or afterwards. And as other women have said I was also told "to see a psychiatrist" when I was laying in the procedure room he came in and said "where do I know you from and what are you here for" not very reassuring when you are about to undergo a procedure. I later found out I do have bladder problems and a horse shoe kidney - so no it was not all in my head as he had suggested. I now need to be treated by a urologist and have been avoiding it because of the terrible experience I had with Dr Kell.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

A highly intelligent individual who shows great understanding for your needs. Is even President of the Society of Urologic Surgeons of Ontario at the time of this posting. A truly personable chap and a credit to his profession. Helped me with my low testosterone problems.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2013 | flag

Had my vasectomy done with Dr Kell. In the pre-meet he was very informative. His assistant seemed fine to me, contrary to what others here have said. I highly recommend you take a couple of heavy painkillers BEFORE you go for the procedure as it really is MUCH worse than they say. Also, expect two weeks of serious discomfort after...recognize that we all heal very differently. Overall the guy got the job done great!

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

I would say he is knowledgeable but not the most personable doctor you can find. Didn't like the fact we postponed a day surgery for a kidney stone after waiting for 4 hours and was all prepped. I appreciate his honesty though as he did come sit and explain what took place and why he could not perform the operation that day. His assistant needs to understand this is NOT a corporate environment and that she is dealing with PATIENTS re their HEALTH. She does not belong in health CARE.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

I had an extremely bad experience. Dr. kell convinced me to have a prostate biopsy. I knew what was involved and was apprehensive . He had told me a couple of times that there was no pain involved, so I had confidence in him, even the technician as I was on the table in the clinic said there was no pain! Anyway on a scale of one to ten I would say it was a Ten! That's not the worst of it. I had the procedure on a Thurs. Fri night I was very sick,shaking like the worst flu.I went to emerg at three in the A.M. Ten ahead of me, one Dr. on duty.Went home.Went to my G.P. He diagnosed flu. Call Dr. Kell's office Mon. Recep very happily tells me Dr. at hosp,be in Wed! See Dr Wed. Tells me I have an infection.Do urine test ,gives me antibiotic.Still very sick. Get a call the next day. Do not take pills will not work,go get new script for Sipro. Two more days finally feeling better. Altogether TEN days in bed, lost 5 lbs. Got new urologist at Mt. Sinai. They never do procedure w/o anesthetic.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr John Kell saved my life... with his quick actions and experience he has made a lot of peoples lives a lot better. The receptionist has her days as do we all, Give her a break! This Doctor is great I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2012 | flag

I believe Dr.John Kell helped save my life. My family and I greatly apprieciate his knowledge and personality. Thank you Dr. Kell

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag

I had to call to his office for my appointment confirmation. Receptionist is really really bad. She has no manner at all. she need training how to deal with patients.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag