Dr. David Slyfield

Rate Dr. David Slyfield

Dr. David Slyfield's Ratings

Dr. Slyfield is not a psychiatrist, but just a MD, who I deem to be unprofessional at his job today. Other MDs say he is genuine and has time to listen to every patient. I found this to be an inadequate statement. Today, my appointment was at 11:45am and I arrived at 11:48am, knowing that he may have taken a patient before me and waited for him to come out. An "Abilify" representative walked in to wait for a doctor as well. At 12:22pm Dr. Slyfield's patient leaves and the "Abilify" representative walked right into his office and asks him if she should let him finish his paper work. I listen to a twenty minute sales pitch that Dr. Slyfield wasn't buying and walked up to his open door at 12:42pm to tell him that I've been waiting and couldn't any longer. I told the doctor that he clearly doesn't listen to his patients, and that he was not the doctor for me (that I wouldn't see him again). I told the representative to enjoy her business and walked out. Patients be weary.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. sly field has been my dr. Since 2008, skeptic at first, but he has become vital to my well being ! He listens to my concerns and deals with my problems accordingly.

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Slyfield was very helpful. He is friendly and willing to spend time, but he does see a lot of patients. He is very familiar with anti-anxiety/depression drugs and although I had two assessments completed previously, he had even advised me to have another done. He is great if you are interested in tapering off a benzo. As a University student with ADHD, he was not as knowledgeable with these stimulants but made sure to do research and we finally figured out a good combination of medications for me. One thing I would mention is because of how many people he sees and since he does not have staff or a secretary, if your appointment is set for example 10:00 AM, prepare to wait up to a half an hour in the waiting room. Overall very helpful.

Submitted April 28, 2013 | flag

Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Slyfield. I rated his staff a 1 because it didn't appear as though he had one. He actually took a call in the middle of our session, which I found rude and unprofessional. I felt as though he didn't listen to anything I had to say. When I brought up my concerns about the addiction potential for the treatment he recommended he claimed that benzodiazepines are not addictive, which is outright false. He then made light of my concerns by mentioning that he thought it was odd I would be concerned about that when I smoke, in my younger days was a somewhat frequent recreational drug user, and my current daily medication is also physically addictive (which is true, but they don't have potentially fatal withdrawal). I felt more like he just wanted to band-aid me with medication than actually treat my problem. A friend of mine advised me if you don't leave a psychiatrist appointment feeling at least a little better, don't go back. I will be taking this advice

Submitted Dec. 8, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of DR. Slyfeild since my mother died in 1982. I find him very caring takes his time with his patience. He is one of the best Docors i have ever come across if not 4 him i dont know how my life would have turned out 2 be after the death of my mother. He has givin me so much courage and confidence in my life. I told him if he ever retirred i would have 2 see him at his home. One of the worlds best doctors 2 me. May god always bless him. i would recomend him 2 anyone very highly.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

he is a great doctor always takes his time to listen to you. makes you feel like home

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

A good doctor who works at a slower more natural pace that others I've seen. He's helpful with your issues, without being "shrinkish".

Submitted Aug. 18, 2009 | flag

I am a new patient of Dr. Slyfield referred to him by my past Dr.'s secretary and from what I have seen I am very impressed with him. He always makes me feel better when I leave and he is very understanding and compassionate with me. He has a good sense of humor and tells me stories. He does not make me feel like I am ill or have mental illness but rather that I am a human being with emotional problems that can be fixed. I am not as anxious as I used to be even though I know it will take time for me to get better he is a gentle and patient man... thanks Dr. Slyfield.

Submitted March 12, 2009 | flag

Very good doctor, like the above user said very true. My other doctor wasnt as good and only interested in money not Dr.Slyfield. Very patient and giving person. A++++

Submitted March 3, 2008 | flag