Rate Dr. Robert Feibel

Dr. Robert Feibel's Ratings

I have no comments about Dr Feibel's staff, but I was lucky to find him as my hip surgeon. If you can call breaking your hip fortunate, he was the guy who looked after me. I was in my early 50's and had to go through a break repair and later for a full replacement one the break had healed. Dr F is personable and funny and takes the time to explain things. He is the best. I can't say the same for hovel of a hospital in which he works. The General is pretty dodgy. I had to have the orderly clean someone else's sprayed blood off my phone and had to hobble out to the nurses station on my walker in the middle of the night to get help for my roommate who was suffocating and no one responded to the bell. Dr F is spectacular. My replacement is 10-years old and going strong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

This Doctor is very good, knowledgable, kind, considerate and very professional, unfortunately his receptionist, Nancy leaves the impression she is more important than the Doctor. She can be friendly but also very curt, self important and her attitude detracts from the service offered by this Doctor. Phoning into his receptionist can be a very intimidating experience which I feel should be corrected.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I had a hip replacement and the other hip with pins and screws in 1997. I am doing fine with both hips 15 years later. Dr. Feibel is probably one of the top 3 hip surgeons in Canada. He is very funny and I still remember one morning when he had no more voice because of cheering to much at one Senators playoff game :). I would recommend him at 100 % to anyone who need of a hip replacement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

I severely tore my Achilles' tendon playing softball in late June and a few weeks later, I had surgery at the Ottawa General. Dr. Feibel and his team did a superb job reattaching my tendon and the follow-up appointments were always smooth. He was genuinely interested in hearing how I felt, carefully listened to my concerns and was very kind suggesting tips and tools (wheelchair and bathing chair) to make my life more comfortable during my 12 weeks of recovery. If you are scheduled to have him as your surgeon, you are in great hands. Relax and you'll be 100% soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Broke my ankle in '12 and after 9 days of waiting for surgery (March break, apparently no surgeon works) he was able to put back together my lateral malleolus with 6 pins and a plate after the foot being dislocated to the point of my toes facing behind me. In performing the surgery, he identified signs of adult onset Osteoporosis, I am 22. He has since referred for medical testing and even went as far as arranging a surgical check-up in a hospital in Barrie with their chief orthopedic surgeon. He has been very nice to my father and I, extremely accommodating, and generally a pleasure to deal with. He takes a genuine interest in his patients lives and as to the pain management comments, he does like to prescribe medication though if you listen to what he actually says, he always identifies other alternatives. Great surgeon and doctor, I am glad I didnt transfer to a hospital in Mississauga for the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Saved my life.Put humpy dumpty back together after a 12 hr plus operation in 2001.He together with his skilled team managed to engineer and reconstruct my total hip and pelvis area which was comprised of microscopic bone pieces.Love his professionalism , smarts and caring attitude to this day and will hopefully see him again in time for a tune up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Feibel is an excellent surgeon. He is a friendly, compassionate person who's goal it is to do his utmost for his patients. He operated and performed a total right knee replacement for me in 2006 and in follow-up sessions, diagnosed a pinched nerve in my lower back that was causing numbness down my right leg. He has since referred me to an Orthopaedic back surgeon following an MRI that confirmed the pinched nerve. This doctor is a sensitive and dedicated surgeon. In these times of long hospital waits, I feel so fortunate to have had him on my side. In my opinion, he is definitely a Five Star medical practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

OMG I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for Dr.Robert Feibel. Long story short, I was in an EXTREMELY bad car accident in May 1991 which incl 1 fatality, my friend was paralyzed and then myself who had too many broken bones to mention. 2 years go by and STILL limping with pain. Many X-rays, many surgeries (from other Doctors) who tried numerous approaches with no success. THEN I was referred to Dr.Robert Feibel and BAM! he found infection and I was in surgery right away. He installed the "external fixator" (Ilizerov) on my leg (yes it hurt, yes I had hurdles to get through) but 9 months later I walked pain-free and limp-free! My leg could have been amputated... throughout it all, he was nothing but supportive, empathetic, encouraging and totally trustworthy. He was the same with all of my family members as well. His staff were fantastic too on every visit. I owe it ALL to him and I thank him every day for what he was able to do for me and for my life!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

Dr Feibel has been very patient, empathetic and compassionate with my mother as his patient. He is approachable and went well out of his way to put my mom at ease. In my opinion...this is the first Dr I would allow to operate on myself or the ones I love. If you are a patient of him...you are in great hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Shattered my ankle a few years ago. Dr. Feibel put me back together again when other docs failed. Contrary to other comments I read here, I found he was very empathetic to my pain level. I have since been operated on by other surgeons (in the Toronto area now) and none hold a candle to Dr. Feibel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1309403].votes_count ]]