Rate Dr. John Tokarewicz

Dr. John Tokarewicz's Ratings

I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone, or the clinic. I'm a new patient to this doctor only because my last doctor is no longer practicing. The first visit, when I talked to Dr. ToKarewicz everything seemed fine, he said he was willing to take on my care and treatment for my condition as my last doctor did for over ten years. Now he has changed his mind and appears to want to discontinue my treatment. Thinking back it was like he will tell you anything to make sure he gets his patient quota!! While in his care I even had to have surgery AGAIN, but its as nothing is wrong with me in his mind! Now I'm stuck as getting a new doctor when you already have one is an extremely lengthy process when I can't afford to have any interuption in medication. He's going to cause me to be in a wheelchair before I'll be able to get a new doctor. When I asked him questions about my disease he had no answers, I came out of my last visit frustrated and in tears! I have the internet for info!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

I've just found out that Dr. Tokarewicz is practicing medicine again in Alymer, ON. I'm not very happy to hear this. He misdiagnosed my father with having asthma last year. My father went to his office repeatedly questioning his breathing problems and other issues. He was sent home with a puffer. In October, 2012 we discovered that he had Stage 4 Lung Cancer. The good news was that he had the kind of lung cancer that was potentially treatable with radiation and chemo. The bad news is that it was discovered too late, and he was thus untreatable. He died 9 weeks after being diagnosed. Had my father been given a basic Pulmonary Function Test and CT scan earlier, perhaps the results might have been different. I've connected with other families that have had similar misdiagnosis issues made by Dr. Tokarewicz which resulted in the death of their loved ones. I don't think he should be practicing medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

He told us he was closing his office due to health reasons and now I find he has opened a new practice somewhere else??? What about all the people he left high and dry in this area? There are many sick people who now have no doctor! Thanks for nothing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

Boy my doctor just passed away, the only doctor I could get within 15 miles is Doctor Tokarevicz. By reading these reports I'm afraid because I'm disabled and need narcotics to be able to walk, have for 20 years since my MVA.. and have had over 20 surgeries! I sure hope he helps me otherwise I'll be making complaints to the Medical Board!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Tokarewicz will give you 5 minutes at the most in any appointment. He rushes through you, he will not give you a referral unless you force him to, and in many cases he will not even examine you. Lately, it's even hard to get an appointment within 2 or 3 weeks. He's good with children and good to give you a prescription if you get the flu or something easy, but nothing else. I'm looking for a new family doctor now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

He is directly responsible for my mother's death from cancer. He has no idea what he is doing and will not refer to specialists or for tests. Just pills. Rest in heaven mom. We loved you so much how can we go on without you?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

I have young children and get in to see the doctor in good time. He is very personable and caring. I'm thankful to have a doctor and appreciate Dr. Tokarewicz and his staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Im a trucker and not home much,its very hard to get appt. on short notice.I have a problem with the receptionest I had ran out of pills went to his office seen the receptionest in there held up my pill bottle and she shook her head no,she would not even come to the door to tell me no or why.1 year ago I was dieing in the hospital in a coma and not expected to live but thanks to the staff at henry ford hospital in detroit I pulled through.Iam looking for a new DR. but not many taking new patients,The best thing Dr.Tokarewicz did was talk hockey with me but that dont cure what wrong with you,so I would not recemend him to any one

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

I have only just started seeing this doctor and have more done in one visit than in 10 years with my former family doctor. He seems to genuinely care about my health and has been very helpful in sending me for the tests I really need. The same goes with my daughters.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1310856].votes_count ]]