Rate Dr. Lloyd G. Soman

Dr. Lloyd G. Soman's Ratings

I think he's an excellent dentist. But I am very disturbed that he casually, quickly, almost imperceptibly punctured my gum with a dental probe to introduce infection, in order to get me back sooner rather than later. Which happened. Many dentists do that. It's completely unethical, but impossible to prove or report. It happens too fast to stop.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

Dr. Soman gave me options where another periodontist just wanted to cut. His care is phenominal and I highly recommend him. Also, he accepts my insurance!! What a rare bonus. Go see him, you won't regret it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Soman for years to keep my gums healthy via periodontal maintenance check-ups and cleanings. Although another periodonist did my gum surgery many years ago, I wish I had known Dr. Soman at that time because I believe in my heart that the gum surgery was not really necessary and that a fine doctor like Dr. Soman would have been able to restore my gums to healthines without any surgery. He's the best periodontist I've ever had--always extremely thorough and careful, and I feel blessed to have found him. His long-time assistant, Pat, is also wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Soman is hands down the best Dentist. I have a cleaning every 3 months and he has drastically turned around a bad case of gingivitis for me. I also have had 2 gum graphs that healed wonderful. He is always very polite. He appears to be very structured and obedient but that is what makes him a great Dentist and an expert in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

My regular dentist told me that before I could get an upper implant, that I would need a special sinus surgery. I did not want to go through this, since I've had numerous sinus issues my entire life. I spoke with Dr. Soman who told me that he would be able to "tap" the sinus up the required couple of millimeters so that I could take a mini implant. The surgery was long, but it really wasn't that painful. The healing time was very quick which no complications. Long story short, I did get my implants without the sinus surgery. Whew!!!! Great job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2011

Dr. Soman removed an older bridge as well as a cracked tooth. He cleaned the infection out and repacked everything. The procedure went faster than I expected and apart from a little tenderness, there was almost no pain. He's great. Would definitely recommend him for dental surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Best cleaning I ever had. Didn't feel a thing and I intend to keep my three month appointments. Easy to get to Manhattan office off Central park south.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2006

MY DENTIST TOLD ME TO SEE DR. SOMAN FOR MY GUM PROBLEMS. WHAT A MISTAKE TO SEE HIM, HE NEVER INTRODUCED HIMSELF AND SPOKE MORE TO THE NURSE THEN TO ME. HE MUMBLES AND DID NOT LOOK ME IN THE EYE !!!! I TOLD MY DENTIST NO WAY THAT DR. SOMAN IS ALLOWED TO DO GUM WORK ON ME . I HAVE A NEW APPT TO SEE A PERIODENTIST IN FOREST HILLS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2115008].votes_count ]]