Rate Dr. Jaishree Sehgal

Dr. Jaishree Sehgal's Ratings

Run, don't walk, as fast as you can away from this sorry excuse of a doctor. All the negative reviews here I agree with completely. Dr. Sehgal is the worst doctor I have ever met, I would feel saved being treated a vet than her. Her schooling is out of date, her rudeness is outrageous. Patients are better off using a walk in clinic than seeking her so called advice. The number of times I have been misdiagnosed or told that there is nothing wrong, only to return in a truly horrible state, is incredible. What happened to do no harm?! I have witnessed her screaming and embarrassing patients in front of a full waiting room. She has made fun of patients with the door to her office open for all to hear. We are not people to her, we're a source of income, plain and simple. Get in, get out, bill the government, next please! All around horrible, nasty woman.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I saw Dr. Sehgal today for the third time in nearly three weeks. Every appointment took multiple attempts. The office is frequently closed. At each visit she blew me off. My symptoms of coughing, wheezing, body pain, fatigue, sore throat, headaches, fevers, nausea and vomiting were ignored and I was told it just needs to "run its course". It's been almost THREE WEEKS!!! Frustrated and angry I went to a walk in clinic, regardless of her "policy" of no walk in clinics allowed. There I was seen immediately and diagnosed with nearly pneumonia!! The doctor wrote me prescriptions and told me if I let this go a few more days I would be hospitalized. Thanks a lot Dr. Sehgal, your lack of medical care or knowledge nearly put me in the ICU. I will not be returning to your office! The clinic is more reliable and they treated me like a human being rather than a waste of time. You are FIRED!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2552410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

In one word: TERRIBLE. I hope she retires, the sooner, the better. She's not helpful in any way. Loves to argue and make you feel like a complete fool and waste of time. I have been denied help on numerous occasions which only lead to further health complications. I am actively seeking a new doctor and considering reporting her negligence to the College. The only good thing about her office is receptionist Anna. She's always happy and kind. Too bad she isn't the doctor!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2552283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Excellent doctor. Approachable, always listens and she goes out her way to make sure you are taken care of. She is very thorough and always follows up with me. Ana is also great, always so pleasant and goes above and beyond to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547563].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I agree with all the negative reviews. I've been a patient for a few years and have watched Dr. Sehgal grow into a bitter rude woman. She has no patience for anything. If your issue is not of a simple nature forget getting treatment. You'll be sent home with no answers and left to your own devices while your health declines. Forget getting a referral, even if you beg. I have never been allowed a same day appointment, often I have had to wait weeks to see her, even when very ill. Bronchitis that could have been treated quickly turned into severe pneumonia because she would not allow me an appointment for two weeks. I was also told not to use a walk in clinic or I would be fired. Absolutely terrible doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2526836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

Not sure what's up with the negative reviews of late. I have been a patient of Dr. Sehgal's for over 5 years and have never had a bad experience. She is always very accommodating, attentive, polite and takes the time to talk to us about our issue. When we take our little one in for shots, she examines and observes him to make sure he's doing fine and asks about his milestones, etc. Anna does a great job of juggling multiple things at once and still remembering small details.

Yes, every once in a while we wait a few minutes longer than usual or it's hard getting through on the phone but that happens elsewhere too ...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521628].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Sehgal for many years and I agree with the recent posts. Over the years I have witnessed her decline into an argumentative, rude and obnoxious woman. Her concern for the well being of her patients has gone down hill. I am feeling more and more like a waste of time and actually avoid making an appointment if I can because her examinations go nowhere. My most recent visit she didn't even make any notes on my file and barely listened to what I had to say. I left with no help and she made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Even the pharmacy staff in her building don't want to deal with her anymore! I too have been threatened to be dropped as a patient for using a walk in clinic over a holiday weekend. She only cares about the money at this point. I hope she will retire soon. Her medical knowledge is seriously limited and she's rarely in the office these days. I'm actively seeking a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2505029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Hands down the WORST doctor the KW region has ever seen. She's disgustingly rude, arrogant and argumentative. Don't bother asking questions, she's egotistical and no matter what you say or suggest, you're always wrong. I could have saved myself a lot of pain and suffering by avoiding this doctor as her "professional opinion" left me with permanent damage. It is impossible to get an appointment with her, she's often on vacation. There are no nurses on staff, just a receptionist. The office and exam rooms are awfully claustrophobic and cluttered. Threatening notices adorn the office walls. Visiting doctor Sehgal is a sure fire way to have an anxiety attack. She doesn't care about her patients, she cares about the money. Forget getting a referral to a specialist, it's money lost to her so you will always be refused. My illnesses wouldn't have gotten so out of hand and difficult to manage if she would have admitted that she has no clue what she's doing and allowed a referral. This doctor needs to retire, she's a danger to her patients and severely incompetent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Stay away from this doctor! I have had the misfortune of being Dr. Sehgal's patient for a few years. She's very impatient and rude. She's not interested in listening to your concerns and will downplay the severity of your concerns. I've been denied treatment many times and referrals to specialists. You are not allowed to use a walk in clinic no matter what or you will be threatened to be dropped as a patient. She always has one foot out the door and makes you feel rushed and like a waste of time. I have left her office many times feeling humiliated as she makes you feel that everything is your fault. Pre occupied with weight. If you don't look like a super model you will be told that if you lose weight the problem will go away. More often than not the office is closed for vacation. She needs to retire as she shows no interest in caring for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2447535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Sehgal since I was a child and she now tends to my children as well...she has always fit me in last minute without question and she gives many natural options to issues without always resorting to medication if not needed. I have waited no more than 20 mins to see her on a visit and I feel she is very thorough with exams. I couldn't ask for a better doctor :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1311002].votes_count ]]